The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved

Rate this topic

Watching Don's v rangers. Aberdeen playing pretty gash and the boos are ringing out loud and clear. Dundee not the only ones clearly and proof that sh**e football generates boos, whatever fans are involved. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dens Bound Rhino said:

Watching Don's v rangers. Aberdeen playing pretty gash and the boos are ringing out loud and clear. Dundee not the only ones clearly and proof that sh**e football generates boos, whatever fans are involved. 

Did the booing have a negative effect on he Aberdeen players?

Interesting that our players react negatively to it and QoS players get a lift from it whilst Aberdeen get on with it and get back into the game against Rangers.

• Like 2

Aberdeen players would expect an angry reaction to going 2-0 down at home to a perceived rival. Booing might well give them a kick up the a**e but if Aberdeen are struggling for form and the fans start booing them 15 minutes into a goalless game against a smaller club like St Mirren or Livi I guarantee that will make things harder for Aberdeen and easier for the opposition.

Look at our 2-1 win at Tynecastle. There's little doubt in my mind that boos from the home ends made it easier for us and harder for them. Every time they booed, I thought "we can win this".

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

To be fair Aberdeen were absolutely horrific in that first half, yet still don’t agree with booing when game is going on, we all get frustrated....

Leave the criticism if justified till halftime..

Think the boos come from the frustration that has been building up for a long long time now as to what fans have had to watch, disorganised, scrappy, spineless performances. 

• Like 2

Aberdeen getting booed once in a while because they have set high standards and this is likely to give the players a shot in the arm. For a few seasons now we have been subjected to below what is expected performances and as DF says this has lead to long suffering and build up of frustration which is why now the crowd are quick to boo. Personally I don't boo the players but I do get extremely hacked off and can understand why fans boo when watching failing tactics, slow play with little end product, players out of position on a weekly basis.

Through the last few managers the comments are consistent, tippy tappy football, possession with no threat, too many square passes, square pegs round holes etc

Unfortunately the players and manager are going to have to deal with the booing until they produce something to get the fans excited on a consistent basis. Its up to them to get it right on the park and if they do I'm sure they'll win the boo boys back 🤞