The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
offshoredee

Derby On the 27th

Rate this topic

Froots expect to sell out today seemingly.

Very loyal fanbase when they're winning. Don't think the demand was there for the Juan-Two-Three game or the Doon Derby.

• Love 1

Think our support will very much depend on how we do over next couple of matches. I’m already out, pre organised party or I’d have been there.

I really couldn't give a sh*t about what they're doing right now tbh.

• Like 3
  • Star Post 1

Of course they will "sell out". They are miles clear in the league and on a high but there will still be plenty of seats in the home end on show. I can't remember the last time I saw the home ends actually full in 5 stand land, if it has ever actually happened.

That said, all fans and clubs are the same. More will turn up when things are going well compared to when they aren't.

I am more concerned with us turning up and giving another spineless performance.

I won't be there, we have been embarrassingly poor the last two derby games and this type of fixture fills me with fear.

• Star Post 1

1 hour ago, rossbatchelor9 said:

I really couldn't give a sh*t about what they're doing right now tbh.

Agreed. I'd rather just ignore them altogether.

• Like 1

It's curious the way some managers seem to inspire surprisingly good performances in derbies like Bomber and JD while others like Ian McCall just seem to suffer. It looks like McPake is going to fall into the latter category. His team have simply got to at least lay a glove on United this month if he wants to retain backing going into the New Year. If we get humped again I can see the crowd turning really hostile on the 4th Jan when ICT come to Dens.

• Star Post 1

Seems to me that we have to double down and get behind our club. We need to be in the playoffs and I believe that McPake will get the team sorted.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Cobra said:

It's curious the way some managers seem to inspire surprisingly good performances in derbies like Bomber and JD while others like Ian McCall just seem to suffer. It looks like McPake is going to fall into the latter category. His team have simply got to at least lay a glove on United this month if he wants to retain backing going into the New Year. If we get humped again I can see the crowd turning really hostile on the 4th Jan when ICT come to Dens.

If we keep getting poor results and he’s still in a job, there won’t be many there to boo him on the 4th.

• Star Post 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

If we keep getting poor results and he’s still in a job, there won’t be many there to boo him on the 4th.

Wonder if he is/was under pressure at all this week, from the owners I mean.

A lot of folk prob got the same messages even up until Monday there saying he was away.

2 minutes ago, BCram said:

Seems to me that we have to double down and get behind our club. We need to be in the playoffs and I believe that McPake will get the team sorted.

Myself, you and John Nelms might be willing to give the manager through to the summer to get things right but his team simply have to do produce something positive this month to improve the mood of the wider fanbase.

This game in Arbroath could be a defining moment. A comfortable win and we can go into the Pars game with confidence restored. Defeat is unthinkable.

IMO, I don't think our owners are too concerned over the results with the DAB's, I believe the acknowledge  / accept that they have had 4 years to get it right, they should however be very concerned about results against the others and it will be very difficult for them to retain McPake if he doesn't turn the performance around in the next 2 games, he might not have to worry about the derby on the back of the last 2 poor results and a continued failure.

It is not only a test for McPake, the boards credentials will also  tell a story on where there ambition is for this season if the next 2 results are not delivered.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, offshoredee said:

Wonder if he is/was under pressure at all this week, from the owners I mean.

A lot of folk prob got the same messages even up until Monday there saying he was away.

If he isn’t under any pressure then we are in massive trouble, I hope he starts his recovery this weekend, anytime he’s representing our club I will back him to the hilt, and hope he gets a result this weekend to take a bit of heat off him...Being 5th 6th or 7th is utterly unacceptable to me in this league.

The one thing I really like about mcpake is that he seems to acknowledge the size of the job that he’s in, and it’s a result driven business...

The thought of going to tannadice is giving me the absolute fear if he’s in charge, hopefully these next 3 games can give him the players and us fans the confidence to look forward to that match instead of dread it.

Edited by Mr Sensible
  • Like 2