The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: Arbroath 1 - 1 Dundee (07th Dec 2019)

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, rossbatchelor9 said:

Course not, he only crossed to Hemmings to give us our goal. Bad example.

Mate, twenty or thirty 'crosses' and one is converted. Most of his crosses are sh**e but you pick out the one in fifty good one if it makes you happy.

That was painful to watch today. 

Arbroath were first to every 50:50 ball and were able to muscle us out almost every time one of their players got close to ours with the ball. 

That we drew despite being behind shouldn't distract from it being another woeful performance. Unfortunately, I think it might just save McPake for another week. 

• Like 1

they bullied us all over the park!!!

We are in a real rut just now but I’m not having a lot of the negative pots here . The team is lacking confidence and some of the players look like they need help , particularly in the last third . In some cases i believe we should be dropping certain players for their own good with Mcdade being a prime example but who would we bring in for him , young mcpake ? Not sure that’s the answer in our fragile position . However their is a real agenda imo with certain post of  negative crap that is unjustified. Sure a club like Dundee should win at Arbroath but the first half we were up against a team who have done great at home recently with a gale force wind at their backs and hung in their. We turned it round 2nd half and of course we had the wind and although Linn had a chance we could  have won with Johnston missing a a couple he should score . 
We battled all right and are struggling with confidence but imo a I give credit for the fight back . We need to stick together just now even though it’s tough to watch play our part in moving forward . 

• Like 6

Sticking together is great if there’s a bit of hope, there is NONE with the present manager, I just want to watch a Dundee team that’s up for a game, not one that  looks disinterested, want to see a Dundee that’s organised, not one that look like it has been put together 5 minutes before the match, I want to see a Dundee team that is positive, shots on goal, aggressive, passionate and hungry, everything a certain part time team from Angus were..

There were two managers on show yesterday, one patrolling the touchline, kicking every ball, encouraging his players, the other looked like he would rather be anywhere else....

A 66 yr old man showing ten times the passion of his 35 yr old  counterpart....

Worrying worrying times.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

Sticking together is great if there’s a bit of hope, there is NONE with the present manager, I just want to watch a Dundee team that’s up for a game, not one that  looks disinterested, want to see a Dundee that’s organised, not one that look like it has been put together 5 minutes before the match, I want to see a Dundee team that is positive, shots on goal, aggressive, passionate and hungry, everything a certain part time team from Angus were..

There were two managers on show yesterday, one patrolling the touchline, kicking every ball, encouraging his players, the other looked like he would rather be anywhere else....

A 66 yr old man showing ten times the passion of his 35 yr old  counterpart....

Worrying worrying times.

Rubbish mcpake done plenty of shouting and pointing , making things up. He’s our ex captain and right now needs a break and of course his head will also be gone . Why don’t we try supporting a bit  and we can turn it round . They need confidence but I go back a few weeks to Alloa away when we won  3-0 , i would put money on that being the best football in the league this season - the quality is there and I believe we will go in that run soon . 

Same as others as usual Kerr getting it - The lad is limited technically , we all know that but let’s not question he doesnt offer his all . Good on him fir his assist I say . 

• Like 2

If Dunfermline win at Dens on Saturday and both Partick and Morton win at home that'll be us 4 points from the relegation places approaching Christmas.

At some point we're all going to have stop focusing on giving the manager time and start thinking about how to avoid a disastrous drop to the third tier.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

9 hours ago, sneddee said:

Every team including Elgin City, this season, have Bullied us,  off the Park. Yet again Byrne substituted after only 57 minutes, this guy really has to step up his game and start to dominate and win tackles in the midfield.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Cobra said:

If Dunfermline win at Dens on Saturday and both Partick and Morton win at home that'll be us 4 points from the relegation places approaching Christmas.

At some point we're all going to have stop focusing on giving the manager time and start thinking about how to avoid a disastrous drop to the third tier.

Cobra a well respected poster but this attitude is crazy 

I get we are battered black and blue over the last 18 months  Why not say we win our games up to the 27th then win across the road . Negativity breeds the same 

40 minutes ago, Bobby Dee said:

Rubbish mcpake done plenty of shouting and pointing , making things up. He’s our ex captain and right now needs a break and of course his head will also be gone . Why don’t we try supporting a bit  and we can turn it round . They need confidence but I go back a few weeks to Alloa away when we won  3-0 , i would put money on that being the best football in the league this season - the quality is there and I believe we will go in that run soon . 

Same as others as usual Kerr getting it - The lad is limited technically , we all know that but let’s not question he doesnt offer his all . Good on him fir his assist I say . 

Alloa away brilliant

For every Alloa away, there’s an Inverness, a Partick, an Arbroath, two derby embarrassments with another on the way.

Apart from Alloa away, give me an example where this set of players has dominated a game out of the 16 we have played...

Quite possible that we have had less than 10 efforts on goal in these last 4 games.

To put that in perspective United had 9 in one game yesterday (on target)

It’s boring tepid uninspiring football....

No wonder the vast majority want him out.

32 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Spot on

3 minutes ago, Bobby Dee said:

Cobra a well respected poster but this attitude is crazy 

I get we are battered black and blue over the last 18 months  Why not say we win our games up to the 27th then win across the road . Negativity breeds the same 

Bobby, I was happy to give the manager the whole season and was willing to endure a poor campaign but I fear for us if we reach the turn of the year in relegation trouble as we lack the leadership for a survival scrap.

Folk said in the summer I was nuts when I said I feared a second successive relegation but recent performances suggest it's a real possibility.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rocky Boy said:

Every team including Elgin City, this season, have Bullied us,  off the Park. Yet again Byrne substituted after only 57 minutes, this guy really has to step up his game and start to dominate and win tackles in the midfield.

He looks very low on confidence , along with a lot of others! Dorrans mcdaid Todd don’t seem to have that swagger they had. 

A chronic lack of pace is killing us, McDaid never goes past a full back, midfield never tackle, never play forwards in on goal.

McPake and his players confidence is shot, his tactics if you could call them tactics are obviously not geared up to win or produce decent football.

We are being offered dross every week, our owners are silent, we face another humiliating defeat from our rivals in two weeks.

Have things ever been quite so dismal?

Edited by Spiritof62
  • Star Post 1

1 hour ago, Spiritof62 said:

A chronic lack of pace is killing us, McDaid never goes past a full back, midfield never tackle, never play forwards in on goal.

McPake and his players confidence is shot, his tactics if you could call them tactics are obviously not geared up to win or produce decent football.

We are being offered dross every week, our owners are silent, we face another humiliating defeat from our rivals in two weeks.

Have things ever been quite so dismal?

Spot on. McDaid has been poor for us as a wide midfielder, presumably tasked with giving us width and providing service to our striker(s). He just doesn't do it.  And our midfield are powder puff, all of them. Great at short passes. Basic skills are all that they demonstrate. So weak and easily bullied. No drive or adventure, rather turn around and get the ball away to someone else. They don't serve the strikers and they provide little cover for  a not so great defence. And each week we get the same again and the same platitudes from the manager.  

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

11 hours ago, sneddee said:

Every team bullies us!

43 minutes ago, Densparker said:

Every team bullies us!

Every team bullies us yet we always end up with more bookings. Another 3 again yesterday. It's bad enough having the players we have and will worse as the season goes on and we have suspensions. 

Confidence, confidence, confidence, that is the main issue. We've seen this script before and we'll see it again, teams sit in, we struggle to break them down, they press then hit quickly on the counter, one mistake and we're a goal behind, the teams sit in again. A new manager can very quickly come in make us hard to beat and restore confidence but how long will it last?. McCann was a perfect example. He came in talked the talked, had everyone eating out of his hands but ultimately he failed to walk the walk. I honestly don't think that changing McPake for AN Other will have any more long term benefits than sticking with McPake. Hartley, McCann and McIntyre all faced the same issues that McPake is facing but when the confidence is low and the fans have turned there's normally only one outcome. Unfortunately that isn't a guaranteed way to get us out of our current malaise. A new manager imo will only serve to paper over the cracks in the short term and then we'll be back to square one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Densparker said:

Every team bullies us!

Exactly. The only way to combat bullies is to stand up to them. Everyone knows though that bullies thrive because the victim doesn't have the confidence to and the consequences of facing the situation head on seem insurmountable and so the cycle continues.