The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

Manager Poll

Rate this topic

Manager's position  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Should McPake be in charge of the team for the Dunfermline game?

I think that the club was draining the Colvin finances too much. That plus the travelling from the loo London area for every game

1 minute ago, Parcbara said:

I think that the club was draining the Colvin finances too much. That plus the travelling from the loo London area for every game

I get that would make him possibly relinquish his shareholding but it does seems a bit drastic that he went completely?

The Colvin family interest in Dundee was driven by Mrs Colvin whose own family,  I am fairly certain,  were  staunch Dundee. I think that the FPS were quite keen for him to go so that they could run it their way. 

• Star Post 1

dinna ken why folk give fps so much sh**e regarding the on field problems we have...without them we'd be right royally Donald ducked...even the worst manager should be able to put a team out to comfortably win games with the amount of money they have given us...something stinks and it aint down to our owner.

• Like 2

On 07/12/2019 at 21:07, Harold Finch said:

Coaching people and managing people are two totally different skills, McPake has the skills to coach but unfortuantely can't manage people.

McPake will make a good assistant manager somewhere where he will learn from a manager what it takes to manage people then he could step up into a manager's job somewhere.

It's called learning your trade, it's what people did before coaching badges.

McPake out....let's get a manager in, not a coach, pundit, arab, an expeienced manager that will guide us into the play offs.

MacIntyre?

2 minutes ago, Iain T Campbell said:

MacIntyre?

What about McIntyre, Iain?

He was the arab that I was refering to, we don't want another of those

7 hours ago, Cobra said:

Aside from Peter Grant, in just the last decade Paul Hartley, Jack Ross and Jim Goodwin have all went on to do well at a higher level after getting their start at Alloa.

Which impressive appointments at Dundee have gone on to bigger and better things? Virtually none. Gemmell, Stainrod, Cowboy, Wallace, Rae, McCann, Kerno, Bonetti, Coco, Bomber, Chisholm. Guys are lucky if they work again after being Dundee manager. Even the moderately successful managers like Duffy, Smith and Hartley have to drop to a lower level to find work after leaving Dens.

Jim Goodwin doing well? Are St.Mirren not fighting for their lives in the Premier with things looking not very promising.

6 minutes ago, Iain T Campbell said:

Jim Goodwin doing well? Are St.Mirren not fighting for their lives in the Premier with things looking not very promising.

They're sitting ninth in the table above Hearts, St Johnstone and Hamilton. It's not the worst situation for a guy managing in the top flight for the first time.

Saints have won 4 games. They need one more to match our total for last season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Harold Finch said:

What about McIntyre, Iain?

He was the arab that I was refering to, we don't want another of those

We certainly do not. That is a relief.

Only job I know 100k+ a year, house, full expenses  - and don't worry about your performance Nelms! 

• Star Post 1

9 hours ago, Iain T Campbell said:

Goodwin is doing quite well

9th in SPL, a position we can only dream of.

12 hours ago, charliedee said:

dinna ken why folk give fps so much sh**e regarding the on field problems we have...without them we'd be right royally Donald ducked...even the worst manager should be able to put a team out to comfortably win games with the amount of money they have given us...something stinks and it aint down to our owner.

Take your point and agree. FPS  (especially Tim Keyes) have been very good for Dundee and their support is greatly welcomed.  The way we play is down to our manager. But is was utter folly to place him in this position.  One mistake is forgivable even although it got us relegated. The same mistake again is not.

11 hours ago, darkbluecheshire said:

Only job I know 100k+ a year, house, full expenses  - and don't worry about your performance Nelms! 

Missed out his Cars and expatriate package.

• Like 1

Imagine we do somehow make it up through the play-offs and our players have to create chances against top defences and have to stop top attackers from finding our net.

Hemmings is in the paper talking of his pride that our team didn't crumble against the binmen and fishmongers of Arbroath, that we showed enough fight to create one effort on target. This Dundee team would get murdered most weeks if we got promoted.

The one saving grace about our current predicament is that we we're not being exposed to our team getting royally humped every Saturday because the opposition are equally mediocre.

31 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Imagine we do somehow make it up through the play-offs and our players have to create chances against top defences and have to stop top attackers from finding our net.

Hemmings is in the paper talking of his pride that our team didn't crumble against the binmen and fishmongers of Arbroath, that we showed enough fight to create one effort on target. This Dundee team would get murdered most weeks if we got promoted.

The one saving grace about our current predicament is that we we're not being exposed to our team getting royally humped every Saturday because the opposition are equally mediocre.

They have it easy from the manager

Could you honestly imagine Mcpake going through those players at half time or full time like his opposite number would...

They all seem to be in a comfort zone, haven’t seen the interview, but if he’s talking of “pride” on that teams performance on Saturday then we are in even bigger trouble than I thought.

So easy to play against.

• Like 1

Said after Inverness game there was a fan overreaction to getting beat to 2 of the better teams in this league. The last 2 results/performances have been pathetic though and the fans are not wrong to be calling for the managers head now.

Is it still too soon? I think it is (just). The lucky thing for McPake is that every game in this league should be winnable. I look at the next few games up until the new year and would say it is McPake's last chance to put a run of results together, including a positive result in the derby.

Hell of a lot McPake now has to prove to keep his job. I am far from confident he will turn it around but we need to give him every chance given how much he has been back.

7 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

They have it easy from the manager

Could you honestly imagine Mcpake going through those players at half time or full time like his opposite number would...

They all seem to be in a comfort zone, haven’t seen the interview, but if he’s talking of “pride” on that teams performance on Saturday then we are in even bigger trouble than I thought.

So easy to play against.

He didn't use the word pride. I think he was just trying to put a positive spin on things to be honest but I'd prefer he just said "we know it's not good enough" rather than talk about it being evidence of our team's great spirit.

10 minutes ago, Cobra said:

He didn't use the word pride. I think he was just trying to put a positive spin on things to be honest but I'd prefer he just said "we know it's not good enough" rather than talk about it being evidence of our team's great spirit.

He should have said we were awful first half with a slight improvement 2nd half...

2 hours ago, Cobra said:

.....but also have a player on fire who has scored 13 in 16 - they are p!sh, but so are we!!