Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dundee V Dunfermline

Cobra

Dundee v Dunfermline  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What are you expecting when the Pars come to town?

2. 2. Who should start for the Dee if fit?

Can we end our winless run against the Pars?

Earlier in the season the sides drew at East End Park. Dunfermline raced into a 2-0 lead before two Johnson penalties pegged them back.

The Pars have won three on the bounce and Kevin Nisbet has fired 7 goals in 7 days. No doubt he'll pose a big threat at Dens.

On the plus side, going by Dunfermline's recent away form, Dundee should only need to score 1 or 2 goals to claim the win.

Morton 1-1 Dunfermline
United 2-0 Dunfermline
Alloa 2-1 Dunfermline
Stranraer 1-0 Dunfermline
Ayr 0-1 Dunfermline

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
2 minutes ago, rossbatchelor9 said:

Swap out Byrne for McGowan and Mackie for Marshall, keep everything else the same. Play positive, high tempo football and challenge them for every ball.

I think McGowan and Dorrans in a two would leave us wide open to be honest. Neither have the legs to get around the pitch effectively. Byrne has to play if we're playing a two IMO. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, an-dee said:

I think McGowan and Dorrans in a two would leave us wide open to be honest. Neither have the legs to get around the pitch effectively. Byrne has to play if we're playing a two IMO. 

I'm going off of last week's performance, and we couldn't get any positive momentum with Byrne for the entire time he was on. Gowser came on, and we took over the game. That's why it's Gowser for me.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, rossbatchelor9 said:

I'm going off of last week's performance, and we couldn't get any positive momentum with Byrne for the entire time he was on. Gowser came on, and we took over the game. That's why it's Gowser for me.

Fair enough, I wasn't there at the weekend. I just think Dunfermline are pretty young, energetic and athletic in the middle of the park and those two aren't the most mobile! Hope I'm wrong though, I just think it'll leave us really exposed to the counter when things break down.

• Like 1

Just now, an-dee said:

Fair enough, I wasn't there at the weekend. I just think Dunfermline are pretty young, energetic and athletic in the middle of the park and those two aren't the most mobile! Hope I'm wrong though, I just think it'll leave us really exposed to the counter when things break down.

I totally get where you're coming from, but considering the amount of counters we've been subject to in the QotS game (neither played) and the first half against Arbroath, I can't see how we do much worse with McGowan in instead.

It's annoying because if we wanted 3 in the midfield we'd either have to put 3 in defense, which we know is dreadful after our last performance against the Pars, or have one in attack, which will annoy everyone and leave one of our top players out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rossbatchelor9 said:

I totally get where you're coming from, but considering the amount of counters we've been subject to in the QotS game (neither played) and the first half against Arbroath, I can't see how we do much worse with McGowan in instead.

It's annoying because if we wanted 3 in the midfield we'd either have to put 3 in defense, which we know is dreadful after our last performance against the Pars, or have one in attack, which will annoy everyone and leave one of our top players out.

Yeah that's the biggest problem we've got. We're not really suited to a midfield 2 (IMO) but we've got three quality strikers and we should probably try to get two on the park at the same time (even though it doesn't necessarily make us more threatening if we're still too slow in the build up). The back 3 was a disaster against Dunfermline but worked well in the cup against Inverness...if we were a bit smarter about it I can see it working again but I don't think McPake will ever give it another go. I think another CB in January who is quicker and more mobile than Meekings would give us that option, or we could play Kerr there like he has done before but it's not ideal. 

• Like 1

I genuinely do believe this is the week that things can change. I know that it bloody needs to be this week, as it was in the last few weeks, but for all those games I didn't feel confident going into them. The last half an hour of last week encouraged me more than anything I've seen in the previous month, and I do think we'll see an improvement on Saturday.

7 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Mate of mine is a Pars fan and can't see past an easy win for them

They're playing well, score goals and are actually a team; I have to agree with him and think Dunfermline will win at a canter.

15 goals scored in their last five home games. 3 scored in their last five away games.

Hopefully they keep their goalscoring form at East End Park.

Adblock Detected