Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Great Uncelebrated Moments

Cobra

Which one fantastic moment sticks in your memory as something you'll never forget. I'm not talking about Wighton relegating the dabs, Letheren's save or Georgi's sublime chip but something that's rarely discussed.

For me it's a Rab Shannon free-kick against United. I was thinking "he shouldn't be taking this" and then put his laces through it and the ball thundered into the net. Nobody expected it. The celebration in the Dundee end was insane.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Kevin Bremners' header at Partick or Jim McInally shi**ing a brick and hoofing the ball down the Derry steps when he realised he was being chased by Wes Saunders. Boab Glennie refusing to go off against the DABs after splitting his head was another memory. After some treatment and another couple of heads knocks he eventually returned to the field looking like Rab C and still put his head where others wouldn't put their feet. 

Our first league game of the 2011 season, 1-0 away to Partick.

After the drama and uncertainty of the Deefiant season it felt great to still have my Dundee..........as sh**e as it's been over the last few seasons I can't imagine not having them, you don't realise how big a part your team plays in your life, it's not just going to the match (the match day experience for paying customers) as some people call it.

Whether it's talking to somebody on the bus, your workmates, in the pub, talking on a forum, you find yourself talking about your team. It's the first thing you read in the papers on a Sunday, when you go online, you check to see what's happening at Dens.

Even if it's just to have a moan or to say you were right and everything at the club is wrong, you still want to tell everyone you're a Dee

So, that first game of 2011 wasn't really celebrated but it was the start of another important season for us.

Clarkson scored a last-minute winner to knock Aberdeen out the cup on the 29th November.

Aberdeen's results after that...

Aberdeen 3-0 Hamilton

Dundee United 0-2 Aberdeen

Aberdeen 1-0 Kilmarnock

Inverness 0-1 Aberdeen

Aberdeen 2-0 St Johnstone

Motherwell 0-2 Aberdeen

St Mirren 0-2 Aberdeen

A remarkable seven straight wins and clean sheets for the league leaders. Step forward the White Cafu...

7 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Kevin Bremners' header at Partick or Jim McInally shi**ing a brick and hoofing the ball down the Derry steps when he realised he was being chased by Wes Saunders. Boab Glennie refusing to go off against the DABs after splitting his head was another memory. After some treatment and another couple of heads knocks he eventually returned to the field looking like Rab C and still put his head where others wouldn't put their feet. 

Rev

I remember Bremners header in that game, you heard it hit the back of the net, the following season we got pumped with Jim Leighton in goal, wish we could find another Boag G  

Adblock Detected