Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The Expanse

TheDarkBlues

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 hour ago, BCram said:

Watched a wee bit of this. Like Gedee, I didn't really get into it. Other stuff I have watched it's been an almost instant thing, Breaking Bad, The Good Wife etc.

The Good Wife I watched on TV & Breaking Bad on Amazon Prime .... Yes BC, both excellent.

I've not given up on The Expanse, because some series start real slowish, Then get really good.

On Amazon Prime only watch stuff that's around an 8 rating as a guide. Any recommendations?

1 hour ago, Gedee said:

The Good Wife I watched on TV & Breaking Bad on Amazon Prime .... Yes BC, both excellent.

I've not given up on The Expanse, because some series start real slowish, Then get really good.

On Amazon Prime only watch stuff that's around an 8 rating as a guide. Any recommendations?

Andy Murray's documentary (near 2 hrs) "Resurfacing"....
Looks back through his life & highs/lows of his career, how his injuries built up to the damaged hip, an earlier op that didn't fix things, the decline to the point of being almost unable to walk normally, & likely retirement...then his hip replacement / resurfacing [I watched this bit, filmed in the operating theatre, with hands over my eyes, having managed to have a 2.5 hour 'blank' in my memory while my hip was replaced], and then the incredible workload to get him back to almost full fitness. The program surprisingly ended after he'd returned to singles matches, but before he won the tournament beating Wawrinka....and after watching this, I don't think anyone should bet against him winning Wimbledon again. In a lifetime of 'firsts' it seems only logical this will happen.

The 'nordic' film "In Order of Disappearance" (starring Stellan Skaarsgard)....
A fairly bloody & snowy film, classic nordic black humour, with a Serbian drug gang led by the excellent Bruno Ganz.

The 'dumb american audience' (ie, can't listen, watch & read text at same time) amazon remake "Cold Pursuit", using the original Norwegian director, Liam Neeson in Skaarsgard's role, Laura Dern as his wife, with the drug gang converted from Serbs to Indians. Most of it follows the original plot very closely, but it's totally devoid of the black humour that makes the original far more enjoyable entertainment.

If you have Netflix too, the series "Ozark", following a family gradually drawn into a world of deceit, druglords & murder is excellent, 2 seasons available, with a 3rd on the way soon.

Also worth watching on Netflix, if you like Nordic black humour, is the series "Norsemen"....quite a few well-known faces from various nordic noirs, including many of the cast from "Lilyhammer" (when netflix cancelled filming series 4). 'Vikings' with humour. 2 seasons, with a 3rd in production.

......that should keep you going till early 2020, and out of Margaret's way in the kitchen 😉 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, WoodStein said:

Andy Murray's documentary (near 2 hrs) "Resurfacing"....
Looks back through his life & highs/lows of his career, how his injuries built up to the damaged hip, an earlier op that didn't fix things, the decline to the point of being almost unable to walk normally, & likely retirement...then his hip replacement / resurfacing [I watched this bit, filmed in the operating theatre, with hands over my eyes, having managed to have a 2.5 hour 'blank' in my memory while my hip was replaced], and then the incredible workload to get him back to almost full fitness. The program surprisingly ended after he'd returned to singles matches, but before he won the tournament beating Wawrinka....and after watching this, I don't think anyone should bet against him winning Wimbledon again. In a lifetime of 'firsts' it seems only logical this will happen.

The 'nordic' film "In Order of Disappearance" (starring Stellan Skaarsgard)....
A fairly bloody & snowy film, classic nordic black humour, with a Serbian drug gang led by the excellent Bruno Ganz.

The 'dumb american audience' (ie, can't listen, watch & read text at same time) amazon remake "Cold Pursuit", using the original Norwegian director, Liam Neeson in Skaarsgard's role, Laura Dern as his wife, with the drug gang converted from Serbs to Indians. Most of it follows the original plot very closely, but it's totally devoid of the black humour that makes the original far more enjoyable entertainment.

If you have Netflix too, the series "Ozark", following a family gradually drawn into a world of deceit, druglords & murder is excellent, 2 seasons available, with a 3rd on the way soon.

Also worth watching on Netflix, if you like Nordic black humour, is the series "Norsemen"....quite a few well-known faces from various nordic noirs, including many of the cast from "Lilyhammer" (when netflix cancelled filming series 4). 'Vikings' with humour. 2 seasons, with a 3rd in production.

......that should keep you going till early 2020, and out of Margaret's way in the kitchen 😉 

Thank you Woodstein ... I've got the Andy Murray one standing by as a priority fav. "In order of Appearance" definitely looks like one I will watch (Watch lots of foreign films) Mainly because bein' half deef I use subtitles & these films are better class & the written text is not an issue.

Cold Pursuit & Ozark, I've seen, not sure where/how, because I don't have Netflix.

Norsemen and  Lilyhammer, I have NOT watched. But looks like my kind of stuff.

As you said freend, that will keep me going to early 2020.

At the moment, Margaret has got free run on the Christmas Film viewing ... 

And while My Dear Margaret is enjoying the "Festive Frolics" on television ...

I can have a guid auld rifle through her bag for my missing pocket money:chaplin:

• 3 weeks later...

Really enjoying it, if I'm being picky I reckon it could do with a bigger back story, it looks like the original book had a lot of 'wealth' of history that TV loses, even film can't do a big back story justice (Lord of the Rings for example). Its one of those that while I'm power watching it and trying to squeeze 'just one more in' before going to bed I'm regretting missing half of the last one. All in all, really loving it so thanks for the recommend John. 👍

1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

That's me finished season 4. I've really enjoyed them all, cannae wait for the next one.

Chomp as you know, this series was recommended by Admin John earlier...

I started off on it on Series1 & got as far as episode 3, & that wis a struggle.

I'm sure eh read somewhere that it takes time to get into it ... And the earlier

episides didnae reflect just how good it was...Did you enjoy series 1 as well?

9 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Gedee, I enjoyed all of it, there were elements that I could say were plagiarised from different sources but all in all as a 'space opera', I loved it from the start. Best thing I've seen in a while. We all like different stuff though.

Thanks Chomp...After posting a response to you, I went into Amazon Prime to see if I deleted it. I see I have not.

So might still go back to it (I'm halfway through Ep. 3 of S1) The ship has been captured by these "pesky martians"

(Mind it could have been worse, it could have been the SNP Party) :bye:

• Funny 1

Adblock Detected