The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Rate the Manager: Dunfermline (Home, 14th Dec 2019)

Rate this topic

Rate The Manager  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How did you rate the managers team selection?

2. 2. How did you rate the managers tactics on the park

How did you rate James McPake's team selection, substitutions and performance today?

Some of these players nearly blew it for the manager, disgraceful 

His subs totally changed our shape on the field and we lost our way. Don't understand why he never replaced McDaid with Todd or Mcpake to keep our shape.

Couple of defenders in the New Year please.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Star Post 1

Central defender and a new keeper needed in January.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

3 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

His subs totally changed our shape on the field and we lost our way. Don't understand why he never replaced McDaid with Todd or Mcpake to keep our shape.

Almost everybody around us was saying this.  Made the side a mite unbalanced imo

I dont get what he made thr Nelson change when it was clear before that Marshall was struggling. 

After 60 minutes and at 4-1 up I wasn't convinced that we'd see the game out after we made the first change. Even against 10 men the unbalanced midfield was giving me the jitters. Thankfully we did enough to claim the points but it should've been far easier. Unfortunately our confidence probably hasn't improved much after almost blowing it.

• Like 1

Think he picked his strongest team , I was expecting todd to come on for mcdade , but meekings shouldn't be near our team or even the bench , he and Forster were responsible for the late nightmare against partick , you can sometimes get away with one bombscare center half but not two , 

• Like 1
  • Star Post 3

He picked the team that I and most other people have been screaming out for and it bloody worked. Keep it simple,  2 strikers, move the ball quickly and we'll get the goals we need. 

Definitely need a dominant CH and GK with a speedy right winger in January. Connor hazard and Jack Henry would be a great start. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Couple of defenders in the New Year please.

Everyone beside me and going home said the same as you. Brought on. Byrne, only because he signed him, got to tactics Totally Wrong yet AGAIN, with their 10 men, we had to stretch them, NOT invite them to come at us, yet Again Byrne went Hiding, no wonder, the Dunfermilne fans, called he the "Ghost", Total f**ked up Substitutions, by our Management Team, really lucky at the end to come home with Three points, after that second half Disaster of a Display, surely the time is now up on JWP

24 minutes ago, Notso said:

Think he picked his strongest team , I was expecting todd to come on for mcdade , but meekings shouldn't be near our team or even the bench , he and Forster were responsible for the late nightmare against partick , you can sometimes get away with one bombscare center half but not two , 

You've missed their first outing together in August against Dunfermilne, the start of these two players, nightmares, under the JMP leadership

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Notso said:

This sums up a lot of the afternoon for me as well.  I would hope that if we had another decent centre half that Meekings wouldn't be near to getting on the pitch unless we were really, really desperate. 

• Star Post 1

8 minutes ago, Attilio said:

This sums up a lot of the afternoon for me as well.  I would hope that if we had another decent centre half that Meekings wouldn't be near to getting on the pitch unless we were really, really desperate. 

Nail on head, we only have two recognised Centre Backs at the Club and both are worse than totally, Brutal/sh**e.

• Like 1

His subs have cost us games this season. This one could have done that again. Surely at 4-1 up and an extra man you go for the jugular. If McGhee was not injured then bringing Meekings in was an epic fail.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 2

Better preparation after the subs brought on by injury and a clear Plan B, and we easily could've danced our way to victory instead of shi**ing ourselves. A win is a win, I expected big improvements and I got them for the most part. Just need better CB options... and a better keeper.

• Like 2

Well done fir the win and first 60 mins - the players done you in the last 30 particularly Meekings and foster absolute no concentration . Pray McGhee is not injured  going to Thistle next week 

Basically echoing the above posts. That was the team most of us would have gone with and for an hour, with a few hairy moments, it pretty much did the trick.

The Byrne sub was just weird and indicative of the bizarre changes we've seen this season but the Meekings change looked enforced, as McGhee just crumpled when no one was near him, while the front two looked knackered and Nelson's work rate looked to be exactly what was needed, although he didn't really make an impact. 

As everyone else has said, Meekings is just an utter shambles of a player. I honestly think the lad needs to retire. Injury has ruined him and he's just nowhere near the standard required.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

His subs have cost us games this season. This one could have done that again. Surely at 4-1 up and an extra man you go for the jugular. If McGhee was not injured then bringing Meekings in was an epic fail.

He said post match that McGhee was injured.

And good on him for calling out the Keeper for their 2nd goal. 

Edited by Dondeh

Again the subs changed it for the worse!!!! Ive a feeling this papered over the cracks  a bit and he was a bity jammy yesterday but a wins a win!!!

Just listened to Graeme Souness talking about the criticality of manager appointment decisions and how disastrous for a club that a poor choice can be. He was speaking about Arsenal and was questioning the football knowledge of the decision makers at Arsenal. I found his comments to be uncannily appropriate to what we have experienced as well. Twice.

Edited by Parcbara
  • Like 1