The Dark Blues

Match Aftermath: Dundee 4 - 3 Dunfermline (14th Dec 2019)

Rate this topic

13 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Stalker alert.🕵️‍♂️😁

Kinda duplicated your post Rev (eh just noticed your post after posting mind) ... Puir Ross, he'll think we're stalking him:chaplin:

• Funny 1
  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great 3 points to stop the rot. For 60 minutes we played really well and were well worth our 4-1 lead, could have been more if it wasn’t for the Pars keeper. Hemmings, Johnson, McDaid, McGhee and Ke

Support were an embarrassment today. Booing whilst we kept the ball at 4-1. Booing our own player at 3-1. Toxic. 

I have no words for how incompetent James McPake is. 

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Gedee said:

Hope you've no' resorted to stalking oor players Ross :ph34r: 

More likely, as suggested, they're wary of compliments ;)

Haha no, just been late leaving the ground the last couple of weeks, was getting Christmas gear for my old man in the club shop it so happened.

We'll see how they react when I'm on the team bus heading back from Glasgow though.

• Funny 1
46 minutes ago, Cobra said:

McPake must be pissed off with Hamilton. Had the keeper made two fairly straight-forward saves we'd all be talking about our best result and performance under the manager and praising McPake for his match set-up, his starting line-up and how well he got the players up for the game.

I'm generally a defender of McPake, some might even say a happy clapper. But he has no one to blame regarding Hamilton but himself. He had a whole summer to find a keeper when everyone knew Hamilton was a bombscare and he didn't do it. He has to take the blame for that decision.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1
2 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I'm generally a defender of McPake, some might even say a happy clapper. But he has no one to blame regarding Hamilton but himself. He had a whole summer to find a keeper when everyone knew Hamilton was a bombscare and he didn't do it. He has to take the blame for that decision.

Hamilton is tied up until 2021 so the board were probably keen to see him handed the number one jersey this season, and given that the player was considered good to enough to start regularly for Hearts and be called up for Scotland not that long ago, you'd think surely he'd be up to the job of being a decent keeper in the Championship.

4 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Hamilton is tied up until 2021 so the board were probably keen to see him handed the number one jersey this season, and given that the player was considered good to enough to start regularly for Hearts and be called up for Scotland not that long ago, you'd think surely he'd be up to the job of being a decent keeper in the Championship.

The evidence of last season suggests otherwise. It wasn't us who gave him the nickname Flapjack.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

The evidence of last season suggests otherwise. It wasn't us who gave him the nickname Flapjack.

Rangers might be able to offer long-term deals to players and then decide a few months later that they made a mistake and go out and sign a replacement but we don't have the finances to justify that kind of reckless behaviour.

DFC decided Hamilton was worth a long-term contract so we need to use him until that contract is winding down.

I know we lit a bonfire of cash to release the likes of Williams, Vincent, Curran etc but that's got to stop.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Hamilton is tied up until 2021

I forgot he was on a 3 year deal. I was hoping that January might have been the opportunity to offload, for mutual benefit. I sometimes think that Hamilton never really recovered from his league debut nightmare. As mentioned, it wasn't that long ago that he was called up to Scotland squad so maybe it's just one of those instances when it just doesn't work out for whatever reason. 

6 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Rangers might be able to offer long-term deals to players and then decide a few months later that they made a mistake and go out and sign a replacement but we don't have the finances to justify that kind of reckless behaviour.

DFC decided Hamilton was worth a long-term contract so we need to use him until that contract is winding down.

You're right, we're not Rangers however do we have to accept that we continue to struggle on until 2021 losing cheap goals, valuable points, league positions and fans?

Board are keen to say they back our managers, they should show it now by funding the acquisition of a decent keeper. Otherwise, for me at least, they're telling us they're happy to lose cheap goals, valuable points, league positions and fans.

1 minute ago, Prince Buster said:

You're right, we're not Rangers however do we have to accept that we continue to struggle on until 2021 losing cheap goals, valuable points, league positions and fans?

Board are keen to say they back our managers, they should show it now by funding the acquisition of a decent keeper. Otherwise, for me at least, they're telling us they're happy to lose cheap goals, valuable points, league positions and fans.

I think next month we can see if we can maybe loan him out and then in summer 2020 we can start talks about letting him go but we've got to do better at researching players and we've got to play guys once we've committed to them for 3 years.

As far as I'm aware Hamilton Accies don't spunk their budget on players that aren't good enough for their first team. They play the guys they sign and get results on the park so surely we should be capable of doing it (especially when we pay twice as much in wages as them).

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Don't buy for a second that it is the board who are forcing McPake to pick Hamilton. The board have paid off numerous players on long contracts in the last couple of seasons, and backed their manager with funds to bring in replacements.

Likely the board weren't willing to pay off Hamilton's contract, but if McPake had wanted a second keeper for competition, the board would have sanctioned it. Either McPake has gambled that Hamilton will be a success this season or he believes Ferrie is good enough to be number one. If it is the latter then fair enough give Ferrie a chance now.

2 minutes ago, Edin_Dee said:

Don't buy for a second that it is the board who are forcing McPake to pick Hamilton. The board have paid off numerous players on long contracts in the last couple of seasons, and backed their manager with funds to bring in replacements.

Likely the board weren't willing to pay off Hamilton's contract, but if McPake had wanted a second keeper for competition, the board would have sanctioned it. Either McPake has gambled that Hamilton will be a success this season or he believes Ferrie is good enough to be number one. If it is the latter then fair enough give Ferrie a chance now.

Quite frankly, we have Hamilton, a keeper with regular first team experience at this level (whether deserved or not), Ferrie, a young keeper who seems to be League One/League Two level, and Sharp, who's too young. I'm pretty sure McPake has to play Hamilton by necessity, though I do wonder if he was impressed enough by Hazard to bring him back in on loan in January.

• Like 1

Why not give Ferrie a run and give Hamilton a chance to get his confidence back. At the start of the season he did have a run of shut outs. Is he still concerned about his injured hand and his appendix op?

2 minutes ago, rossbatchelor9 said:

Quite frankly, we have Hamilton, a keeper with regular first team experience at this level (whether deserved or not), Ferrie, a young keeper who seems to be League One/League Two level, and Sharp, who's too young. I'm pretty sure McPake has to play Hamilton by necessity, though I do wonder if he was impressed enough by Hazard to bring him back in on loan in January.

Also a bit of a scary prospect.

3 minutes ago, rossbatchelor9 said:

thanks, answered my suggestion that Ferrie be given a chance. I suppose the appendix problem was the time to give Ferrie a run in the team and we signed an emergency loan rather then do that.