The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: Dundee 4 - 3 Dunfermline (14th Dec 2019)

Rate this topic

13 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

Can't really see Hendry coming back to us on loan. Think he would have premiership clubs after him before us.

Would be delighted but I doubt it would happen.  In the January window I'd be looking to bring in another keeper, centre half , winger and maybe even a big target man ( just to spice things up a little) someone who could offer us a little different late on in the game. 

Bizarre though that the summer went and he remained. Their support genuinely hate him and Lennon hasn't given him a sniff apart from a 10 minutes V Thistle in the League Cup when they were 5-0 up. It's clear that the trust is gone.

Half wonder if there's something behind the scenes there. Let's be fair to Rodgers, he's a superb manager with a decent track record. Hendry may not have been a world beater but for him to sign him and persist with him, he's obviously not a complete donkey.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Bizarre though that the summer went and he remained. Their support genuinely hate him and Lennon hasn't given him a sniff apart from a 10 minutes V Thistle in the League Cup when they were 5-0 up. It's clear that the trust is gone.

Half wonder if there's something behind the scenes there. Let's be fair to Rodgers, he's a superb manager with a decent track record. Hendry may not have been a world beater but for him to sign him and persist with him, he's obviously not a complete donkey.

Was just wondering part, from Big Rab, who else succeeded going from us, directly, to Celtic.

2 minutes ago, BCram said:

Was just wondering part, from Big Rab, who else succeeded going from us, directly, to Celtic.

Tommy Coyne and Morten Weighorst did very well

41 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Thanks, knew there would be more and I should have remembered these two!

1 hour ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Scott Bain did ok too

Just noticed Galatasaray's result at the weekend. The Turkish champions were cruising 2-0 against bottom of the league Ankaragücü (who'd lost their previous seven games). Ankaragücü had a man sent off in the 72nd second minute, reduced the deficit in the 89th minute and equalised in injury-time. And we thought our game ended badly.

12 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Just noticed Galatasaray's result at the weekend. The Turkish champions were cruising 2-0 against bottom of the league Ankaragücü (who'd lost their previous seven games). Ankaragücü had a man sent off in the 72nd second minute, reduced the deficit in the 89th minute and equalised in injury-time. And we thought our game ended badly.

Forster and Meekings can’t really complain about the stick that they have been getting, likewise the manager for his poor subs.

One little point in McPakes defence, at 4-1 up any bunch of professional players should have been able to comfortably keep control of the game. Certain individuals are not working hard enough at certain points in the game and hopefully they get the message.

• Like 1

Watched the Dunfermline replay back today, the defending for all their goals was terrible and that is me being nice.

How the hell did Hamilton allow the ball to go through his hands for their second goal? That should have been easily held by him and I honestly don't know why he didn't come off his line faster as well.

We really need a couple more CB's in the transfer window but I doubt the club should waste the money for this season.

1 hour ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Watched the Dunfermline replay back today, the defending for all their goals was terrible and that is me being nice.

How the hell did Hamilton allow the ball to go through his hands for their second goal? That should have been easily held by him and I honestly don't know why he didn't come off his line faster as well.

We really need a couple more CB's in the transfer window but I doubt the club should waste the money for this season.

Agree with most of that but not sure about waiting until next season for changes.

For me this season's league is gone but we still have the play offs so should maybe strengthen in the hope that we finish second and only have the four games to play. Long shot but might be worth a try - no point getting to the play offs just to flog any chance with the type of sh*t defending we've seen so far this season.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Agree with most of that but not sure about waiting until next season for changes.

For me this season's league is gone but we still have the play offs so should maybe strengthen in the hope that we finish second and only have the four games to play. Long shot but might be worth a try - no point getting to the play offs just to flog any chance with the type of sh*t defending we've seen so far this season.

Winning the league has gone, we blew that with a poor start to the season and I don't see that changing.

We have spent a lot of money on luxury players like Dorrans, Hemmings and Johnson and never utilised them to their max potential due to the tactic's we have used on the park.

Our defence has been a shambles most of our games, not sure if it is down to the players or the tactics. So bringing in another CB might not fix the issues we are having at the moment and could just add to a wage bill that is through the roof. If we were to send some of the loanees back and use the wages there, then that might be a better decision.

• Like 2