Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Match Aftermath: Dundee 4 - 3 Dunfermline (14th Dec 2019)

TheDarkBlues

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Was just away to mention that yesterday brought back memories of that game in 94!!!!! I was sure Glancy was going to give them a pen in the 90th!!!

Was a great  team spirit then..... a far change from now.

Dug out that 94 top this week too!! A marmite strip that one- I liked it!

39 minutes ago, deerealist said:

I get where you’re coming from and I wasn’t at the match but managed to get tv coverage around the 60 min mark after the Dundee goals.From then until the end it would be hard to work out how we managed to score1 goal,never mind 4.To see 10 men take hold of the match and almost draw level didn’t make very good watching although I am glad we managed a 3 goal  cushion.Fair dos to the forwards for converting their chances but I also get the frustration of supporters having to endure this sieve we have we call a defence.Surely Kerr Waddell was better than the two clowns we have as central defenders (Forster and meekings)?

Not being an a**e here, but your circumstances of only catching the game from 60 minutes onwards means you missed us playing really quite well, score four convincing goals, force their keeper into three more saves (two absolute top drawer stops at that) and dominate and dictate the play. They then got a man sent off and we decided to kill the game by keeping the ball. There was a period of about 20 to 30 passes that got Olés from the crowd, but when we continued in that vein folk in the Cox started to boo and a few started to lose their sh*t berating the team for not looking to bang in more goals. It was genuinely embarrassing to sit in and therefore be associated with.

It became a strange, toxic atmosphere and one that, to me, clearly knocked the team out of their stride (not helped by a bad sub by McPake and McGhee going off injured) and it massively helped create the final 30 minutes that you saw, which was undeniably poor. 

However, the fans were booing Forster at 1-1 and booing the team WHILE WE WERE WINNING 4-1! It didn't happen as a consequence of the near collapse, the booing began BEFORE it. 

What happened after that was poor, but it is actually irrelevant to the pathetic conduct of some of our 'fans' yesterday, as they were screaming and bawling BEFORE any of it came to pass. I honestly can't tell you how disheartened I am that the default setting for so many Dees now seems to be anger and abuse - all aimed at the players they are there 'supporting'. I'm seriously considering whether I need much more of it.

Edit to add - apologies for the block capitals mate, that's not aimed at you - I just can't get over yesterday. I really am still stunned by what I sat amongst.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

3 hours ago, Dondeh said:

WTF was up with huffy McGowan in the first half?. Didn't celebrate the first 2 goals. 

1st one it was Dorrans who had a word with him has he sulked back, head down,  to the half way line. 2nd one same again. Didn't even acknowledge Hemmings as most of the team congratulated him.

Now that you've brought this to my attention, I have to wonder about who he was cupping his ears to after scoring his goal.

Edited by rossbatchelor9

6 minutes ago, rossbatchelor9 said:

Now that you've brought this to my attention, I have to wonder about who he was cupping his ears to after scoring his goal.

I noticed too that he didn't celebrate then cupped his ears in the direction of the home fans after he scored. Cammy had a go at the home fans at one point too.

6 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I noticed too that he didn't celebrate then cupped his ears in the direction of the home fans after he scored. Cammy had a go at the home fans at one point too.

Saw him as I walked past Dens after the game, said 'fantastic game Gowser' but pretty sure it was not heard. Gave a compliment to Johnson the week prior which got a thanks. Hope they realise there are fans still looking on the brighter side. Also just realised I've seen a lot of players in the last few weeks lol.

• Like 2

I think McPake was trying to be too clever at 4-1, he thought we could set up camp around the Dunfermline box and hopefully get a few more goals. For the Pars 2nd goal we're countered, Nisbet beating Meekings and Forster for pace. Bad positioning by Hamilton, a shot from the the corner of the box is saveable. The goal gave Dunfermline extra impetus. 2 centre halfs needed. Is the boy Fisher ready for 1st team action?

9 minutes ago, rossbatchelor9 said:

Saw him as I walked past Dens after the game, said 'fantastic game Gowser' but pretty sure it was not heard. Gave a compliment to Johnson the week prior which got a thanks. Hope they realise there are fans still looking on the brighter side. Also just realised I've seen a lot of players in the last few weeks lol.

Stalker alert.🕵️‍♂️😁

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

8 hours ago, DFC1974 said:

I just watched the highlights on YouTube (Pars TV) and you're spot on. I was defensive of JH yesterday at Pars second goal, but the highlights seem to show that the ball went right between his hands. The 3rd goal reminded me of his horror show v St Mirren at end of last season as he parried another nothing ball into his own goal. I've been critical of Hamilton in the past and it seems yesterday has added to his 'goals caused' tally but I think our options of CH is our absolute priority to address before we consider a new keeper.

The replays show what was perhaps clearer to those of us sitting up the far end. Perhaps some criticism of Kerr’s fresh air and Forster’s tracking on the 3rd goal but those are definitely two goals chucked by the keeper. Team had been doing ok at 4-1, keeper throws away two goals and brings panic onto the team.

A good keeper can make all the difference to the defence in front of him. At any level of football goal scorer and goalkeeper are probably the two most important positions in a team. United are a team of very average players but they have the best keeper and best goal scorer in the league and they bring confidence to the players around them. 

Watching Sportscene tonight it struck me that Michael Stewart could’ve been analysing DFC and not the Jambos

All season we have played sideways and backward passes never breaking the lines, moving forward so ponderously that opposing defences reset easily meaning we have to start all over again against two banks of 4 which we try to break with sideway and back ward passing yet again!

Yesterday, we clearly thought the game was over and became lazy and arrogant instead of driving on to try and get our goal difference positive, this might be crucial later in the season, we should’ve kept going forward, it would’ve built confidence and sent out the message that we are still a force to be reckoned with, also would’ve been a reward to our long suffering fans and given dome lapsed supporters encouragement to return, instead we very nearly shot ourselves in the foot yet again and we left feeling slightly embarrassed rather than hopeful

I jokingly text a friend and told him to put a tenner on Dunfermline drawing when they went down to 10 at 4-1, we’re doing used to collapses, Patrick, Queens etc

Not getting the Dorrans love in from yesterday either, his passing was really poor, rarely found a blue shirt unless it was sideways or back and his corners were shocking, we never once threatened 

McPake was screaming at Kerr in the second half when he’s one of the few who appear to really care, Dorrans really needs to have more of an impact in the final third, picking the ball up at the edge of our box and passing in our own half isn’t good enough, we need to move the ball faster and our whole midfield is far too slow and lacks energy in closing when we don’t have the ball, there seems to be very little urgency compared to most of the teams we’ve played 

Substituting Byrne for McDaid was a really strange one with Todd on the bench, I think he was trying to bolster the midfield but it only succeeded in gifting the wide areas to Dunfermline which they utilised, Byrne isn’t a wide mid and we looked like we’d lost our way and again looked totally disorganised, as we have done in every game I’ve seen this season

All of the other teams I’ve seen so far appear to have a plan, they’re organised and play to their strengths, we seem totally disorganised and don’t seem to have the ability to change tactics, we don’t appear to have done homework on our opponents as we play the same way against them all yet our opponents clearly have a game plan against us?!?

Apologies is this comes across as a rant in my first post but I love my club and hate seeing us struggle this way for so long, I look around and see other similar size clubs enjoying relative success, Motherwell, Kilmarnock, even Livi all have reasons to be cheerful, hell even the dabs have smiles on their faces it would be great if just for a while we could enjoy going to Dens, we could cheer some exciting football, look forward to a win, get a wee cup run, give United a drubbing for a change, something, anything to lift the gloom that surrounds us and has for far too long now 

• Like 3
  • Star Post 1

8 hours ago, BCram said:

Fair summary of what has happened. What is the answer? We have tried to buy success, several times, tried changing managers, several times, and tried to develop players to sell on. Seems to me the only thing we have not done is actually try to build a team and keep going with the plan.

Continual comparison with other clubs always seems to be done from the point of view that we spend more money on our players so we should be beating all the teams who spend less than us. We have no patience and just shouting at the manager, the players and the owners is not going to improve things. 

I missed the game but I'll bet that nobody in our dugout thought that the Byrne substitution would be seen by our support as anything other than a sensible decision to rest a player who had worked really hard.. McPake and his coaching team don't seem to understand, yet, just how fed up of the style of football that involves tippy tappy possession. 

The Byrne substitution was criminal

• Like 2

Adblock Detected