The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: Dundee 4 - 3 Dunfermline (14th Dec 2019)

Rate this topic

Thought we’d lose before the game, buzzing to be 4-1 up but shocked to see us nearly blow that lead to 10 men. Feel confused more than anything 

Cheers didnt see that from where I was, did notice it was a very tight angle. 

Really hoping marshall and McGhee are okay for the next game because that defence otherwise gives me the fear. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

It went right through Hamilton's hands.

That's what I thought. A professional goalkeeper simply has to be dealing with that.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, GlasgowDee said:

I have no words for how incompetent James McPake is. 

A 3 goal advantage was just too much, for even him to phuck up. But he almost did it. 😟

Edited by Dondeh

Brilliant result. Performance was way, way better too. Shouldn't have been so nervous but still a great result. Can't wait for next week!

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

Surely to god Meekings and Forster can show a wee bit of composure from a strong winning position..

Evidently not. And it wasn't a surprise to most. 

• Star Post 1

20 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

Facing ten men why invite a team onto our defence that we know is one of the worst in the league. 
There can be no excuses from central defenders and goalkeeper losing concentration when your ahead by three goals.

Agreed.  On field management from these senior players was very poor.

Were those subs made for the right reasons? I got the feeling we unsettled the team by making unforced changes just to give guys a run-out.

21 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

Facing ten men why invite a team onto our defence 

It's exactly what you should be doing against ten men. 

6 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

We are going into the Derby with our defence full of bomb scares.

Surely to god Meekings and Forster can show a wee bit of composure from a strong winning position..

Totally impossible for the WORST two Central Defenders, in our division, to show ANY type of Composure or Professionalism during this Season up till now, both are a f**cking Joke.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

Facing ten men why invite a team onto our defence that we know is one of the worst in the league. 
There can be no excuses from central defenders and goalkeeper losing concentration when your ahead by three goals.

It’s probably no coincidence that our defence lost its backbone when McGhee went off injured. The thought of Meekings and Forster starting next week doesn’t bear thinking about.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Star Post 1

5 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Were those subs made for the right reasons? I got the feeling we unsettled the team by making unforced changes just to give guys a run-out.

Which under normal circumstances would be ok for a 3 goal advantage. Except our defence/team is is so fragile and those coming on not very good. 

Edited by Dondeh

Had £20 on Dees minus 2 at 12-1, was getting £260 back. Bloody he'll, 4-1 up then up against 10 men. Shocking. At least we won.

We were on top when we played at a fast tempo, We then dropped the tempo then they went down to 10 men and upped there tempo. That must have been to instructions stupid stupid tactics 

• Like 1

3 massive points however they came about, its Dundee FC nothing is easy.

For an hour our players showed what there about, and 5 minutes of madness changed the game completely...

been banging on for weeks about club/players/ manager giving us some kind of hope for rest of season.

Think we got that for an hour today.

Actually looking forward to next week for once, the pints in Glasgow before and after the match could be swaying that thought mind you 😂

• Like 4
  • Star Post 2

Our midfield setup was very poor after McDaid went off, 4 central midfielders on without any form of out ball down the flanks.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

We are going into the Derby with our defence full of bomb scares.

Gents was not at the game today as I have been stuck offshore for 2 days waiting on weather to get back in, reading the comments, It has proved once again that Forster / Meekins cannot play together, compound this with Marshall going off and we concede 2 from a comfortable position , if McGee & Marshall are injured then the changes could be understood, however it exposes the lack of depth in the squad and exposes how far our Captain has fallen.

3 points are 3 points and FFS we also won on the foul count as well, it appears that we did show a bit of grit and scored 4, all of which we can take forward into next week. As we have all realised this league is about the results first, performance 2nd.

Onwards and Upwards

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Dunfermline's 2nd was a goalkeeping mistake, I though he played fairly well though apart from that. 

On Dee TV didn't look like a mistake, more from Forster but agree I thought he played well today.

5 minutes ago, Huggs66 said:

Gents was not at the game today as I have been stuck offshore for 2 days waiting on weather to get back in, reading the comments, It has proved once again that Forster / Meekins cannot play together, compound this with Marshall going off and we concede 2 from a comfortable position , if McGee & Marshall are injured then the changes could be understood, however it exposes the lack of depth in the squad and exposes how far our Captain has fallen.

3 points are 3 points and FFS we also won on the foul count as well, it appears that we did show a bit of grit and scored 4, all of which we can take forward into next week. As we have all realised this league is about the results first, performance 2nd.

Onwards and Upwards

Marshall played the 90 minutes.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Whenever the manager tries to change anything in game, it pretty much always falls apart as the team left on the pitch appear to have zero instruction. Fair enough, bring on on someone like Byrne if McDaid is struggling and you think it's going to tighten you up but you can't then go on playing around the middle of the park with our backs to goal when we've no longer got anyone who has the ability to turn and chase players - it's just going to bring you under pressure and things are going to keep being slowed down, your nly option to me would be to rely on your forwards getting into channel and giving them early things to attack and peg the opposition back and maybe try and draw set pieces.

I would have thought I was for the loony bin if I said at the start of the season that I'd come away from a 4-3 victory against a play-off contender and be unhappy but that was absolutely horrific. I've not always liked our last few managers and they always made mistakes (which ultimately ended up in them all exiting the door) but at least there was some resemblance of a plan and the players understood it and could change in game - it feels like we're watching boys football.

Good points today were that the attackers were lethal and there were some really good link up moments between the front two who had some understanding but all of the structural problems we've seen since the Inverness game and further back remain. We're far off a team who will finish comfortably into the play offs and give them a decent shot.

• Like 3
  • Star Post 2