The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: Dundee 4 - 3 Dunfermline (14th Dec 2019)

Rate this topic

Just glad to get the 3 points hopefully kick on now 

3 hours ago, 8utters said:

It was really thoughtful of the players and coaching staff / manager to make the last 30mins or so, so entertaining.

It was going to be a boring last half hour in the freezing cold while we saw out a comfortable victory but instead they decided to give us an exciting Christmas treat by  having us on the edge of our seats, watching matters unfold through our fingers. Thus ensuring both sets of players got applauded at the end by their fans.

DFC is such a considerate club........... Oh no it isn’t 😁

Sounds like you were at the Christmas Panto 

Edited by Aberdee

2 hours ago, Blue4evr said:

If we had lost a late goal for any reason, even a possible penalty, it would have gone down as as bad a result in Dundee's history of terrible results. 

If my auntie had baws she'd be my uncle. 

I thought Cammy, McGhee, Dorrans, Gowser, Marshall and the 2 strikers played really well but were let down by Hamilton and Forster. But for their howlers we would have skooshed it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BigG said:

I thought he was good today, 

One stray pass in the first half but was ok apart from that I thought. Played a delightful crossfield pass in the second half.

2 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

What was his signing on fee, boy? 

Boy is a no, no.

Don't think I've ever seen the board so negative after a win. Hopefully once the dust settles we can take some positives from the game.

Four Dundee goals in 30 minutes, home fans entertained, the gap to second slashed to four points.

I quite fancy us to take another three points at Firhill next week.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

One stray pass in the first half but was ok apart from that I thought. Played a delightful crossfield pass in the second half.

Definitely a talented player Rev, 17 years of age with barely 20 games to his name. Technically very good with both feet, hopefully he has a growth spurt and starts to carry the ball a bit more. 

• Like 4

All you miserable b*****ds who witnessed the dee score 4 (four) goals and win today and still canny be happy should hang your heads in shame. I had to sit through 90 minutes of utter sh**e watching united beat arbroath (who were the far better team) just to watch my young lad have a kick about at half time. 

IMG_2726.JPG.09e1734b9c6b4e833505989a9a860b6a.JPG

Edited by dblair
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1

It's a funny old game. Had we come from 3-0 down to win 4-3 it would be considered one of the greatest days at Dens ever but because we risked turning a rout into a calamitous draw after getting an extra man nobody is happy.

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

It's a funny old game. Had we come from 3-0 down to win 4-3 it would be considered one of the greatest days at Dens ever but because we risked turning a rout into a calamitous draw after getting an extra man nobody is happy.

Just imagine it did, with this goal coming at the end of the second half rather than the very beginning of it.

• Like 1

Loved that goal. It was like the Dundee of the 90s. Direct ball into a dangerous area. A wee flick. An effort on goal then the ball is smashed in from the rebound. Thrilling stuff. Opposition didn't have a second to think before the ball was in the back of their net.

I hope Dees wake up tomorrow feeling better about things. We scored four goals against one of the best teams in the league. Lots for us to work on but finally we have something to get excited about (going forward at least).

• Like 7

2 hours ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Harry that’s you’re shortest ever post!! Enjoy the win!!

@harry94 man you were stunned by the win into précis 💙💙💙

a victory.....3points that's all that matters against the in-form team.

• Like 2

McPake interview on the Dunfermline report. Sounds as pissed off with the capitulation as the fans.

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Managers_post_Dundee&ID=11627

I'll continue to be the one focusing on the positives. Hopefully the poor defense on counterattacks is a real focus (if it wasn't already before) on the training ground this week.

• Like 1

I'm glad I knew the result before reading this particular topic!

How many times have we reflected on a game we lost due to any number of factors? Let's just take the 3 points, accept the positives and move on.

I hate to criticise fellow Dees here, but come on guys, take the win and give the negativity a wee break.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cobra said:

Don't think I've ever seen the board so negative after a win. Hopefully once the dust settles we can take some positives from the game.

Four Dundee goals in 30 minutes, home fans entertained, the gap to second slashed to four points.

I quite fancy us to take another three points at Firhill next week.

Course we will 

Glad we won. 
Haven’t watched it yet but we’d all have taken the result beforehand. I’m getting the vibe that not many are convinced though?

Forster and Meekings and Hamilton seem the weakest links today.

From what I’ve seen we need 2 centre backs and a box to box midfielder (dare I say a Mark O ‘Hara type?) that isn’t so slow as to leave a slime trail behind him..

Glad the strikers scored.
Big game next week to try and build momentum.

8 hours ago, rossbatchelor9 said:

McPake interview on the Dunfermline report. Sounds as pissed off with the capitulation as the fans.

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Managers_post_Dundee&ID=11627

I'll continue to be the one focusing on the positives. Hopefully the poor defense on counterattacks is a real focus (if it wasn't already before) on the training ground this week.

Mcpakes biggest asset is his honesty...

Although last week he had a relapse.

Not trying to dress up the last 25 minutes as anything other than unacceptable...

Have to look at the first 65 minutes, more like we know what is capable from these set of players....

Another huge game next week, but everyone is I suppose.

Another massive positive is that we didn't concede an equaliser. They still had 20 or so minutes to find one but we held on and could've got a 5th ourselves. 

Really looking forward to Patrick which is a totally winnable game. 

Prediction is now 3-2 dundee based on yesterday's performance.

Also 2-0 for Ayr at the dump 👀