Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Attack, Attack, Attack!

Dens Bound Rhino

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
2 hours ago, Dens Bound Rhino said:

It's our best form of defence imo. We have the players to hurt teams and we can't lose goals if we have the ball in the opponent's half. Put the opposition on the back foot straight away and keep at them. 

We do need to learn how to defend a lead though. 

It struck me as being very similar in approach to the 6-2 humping at the brick. When we went forward we looked like scoring but as soon as we lose the ball we look fragile.

The lack of pace in midfield makes what is a decent footballing side look very one dimensional. We are so slow out of possession that when we attack, attack, attack, we become vulnerable to any counter and three times today that's what cost us - and they should have tucked one away at 0-0 on the break as well.

I can see why McPake switched to 1 up front because when we go with two banks of four we are remarkably one paced and vulnerable. That said we didn't create any chances that way, hence the change to two strikers again.

1 minute ago, barkblue said:

It struck me as being very similar in approach to the 6-2 humping at the brick. When we went forward we looked like scoring but as soon as we lose the ball we look fragile.

The lack of pace in midfield makes what is a decent footballing side look very one dimensional. We are so slow out of possession that when we attack, attack, attack, we become vulnerable to any counter and three times today that's what cost us - and they should have tucked one away at 0-0 on the break as well.

I can see why McPake switched to 1 up front because when we go with two banks of four we are remarkably one paced and vulnerable. That said we didn't create any chances that way, hence the change to two strikers again.

We probably should've lost 2 on the break at 0-0. Forsters miscontrol let Nisbet in then Fin's poor pass let them in again.

8 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

We probably should've lost 2 on the break at 0-0. Forsters miscontrol let Nisbet in then Fin's poor pass let them in again.

That's right enough mate. And all the more concerning when considering we must have had something like 70% possession up to that stage.

8 hours ago, Dens Bound Rhino said:

It's our best form of defence imo. We have the players to hurt teams and we can't lose goals if we have the ball in the opponent's half. Put the opposition on the back foot straight away and keep at them. 

We do need to learn how to defend a lead though. 

Agree totally- banzaiiiiiii

10 hours ago, barkblue said:

That's right enough mate. And all the more concerning when considering we must have had something like 70% possession up to that stage.

I actually overheard someone say that it was the least amount of possession we've had in a first half this season? He could've just been making that up tbh but tjats what he said

21 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Mental putting Byrne on for Mcdaid tbh. 

Todd or Mackie was the obvious replacement.

Hopefully the walking wounded are ok for firhill next week.

Really, really, really, really hoping that McGhee is Ok for the next two games.  Lynchpin of our defence all season so far.  Dreading going into these two games, or any game really without him.  If we could I would have two new centre backs in the squad in January.

Adblock Detected