Jump to content
The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Smiffy1

Our Support

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

They have personality disorders. Support the team for fux sake! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate hearing individual players being booed.  The booing (at the team nd manager) at 4-3 was more merited as we were capitulating again. McPake seems to be unable to read games and make decent changes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frustration is the main impulse /reaction, show a glimpse of improvement and the frustration evaporates. 

our centre back has no pace /ability = no confidence = frustration = answer remove the main problem.

Forster sucks.  

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Smiffy1 said:

Season in the coxy, absolute embarrassment today. Booing our own player, booing whilst keeping the ball at 4-1 up. Up there with the worst fans. Great result against one of the form teams. Need the players to be big and not hide when the toxic bile starts from the “fans”. 

I agree 100% - all one team and some players are still fragile confidence wise and don’t need this at times

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, petethedee said:

Frustration is the main impulse /reaction, show a glimpse of improvement and the frustration evaporates. 

our centre back has no pace /ability = no confidence = frustration = answer remove the main problem.

Forster sucks.  

Maybe we should try boosting the guys confidence rather than knocking it. Just a thought.

  • Like 3
  • Star Post 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the problem with defenders now is that they are all getting told they have to be football players...this starts at a young age when boys clubs want all their defenders to play like a epl defender ......no yir a defender win the bloody ball and pass it to somebody better than you if there is not a pass on just get the bloody thing as far away from your goal as possible...

 

  • Like 6
  • Star Post 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Maybe we should try boosting the guys confidence rather than knocking it. Just a thought.

Will always support when there is a glimmer of hope, think this is flogging a dead horse, it's up to him & JMP but it's a no from me. 

  • Wowzer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, charliedee said:

the problem with defenders now is that they are all getting told they have to be football players...this starts at a young age when boys clubs want all their defenders to play like a epl defender ......no yir a defender win the bloody ball and pass it to somebody better than you if there is not a pass on just get the bloody thing as far away from your goal as possible...

 

I think you're on to something. Forster could easily have passed the ball or hit it into row Z with Dobbie bearing down on him the other week but his instinct was to try and control the ball and beat his man. That's not what we need from him.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I think you're on to something. Forster could easily have passed the ball or hit it into row Z with Dobbie bearing down on him the other week but his instinct was to try and control the ball and beat his man. That's not what we need from him.

yup said it to the young lad the other week just f**cking launch it away to f**k get an undeserved point and move on..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its completely embarrassing. Even cammy was shouting back at the stand.

If it was as easy as some of the support seem to think, then they would be a professional player aswell

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, teddydfc62 said:

Its completely embarrassing. Even cammy was shouting back at the stand.

If it was as easy as some of the support seem to think, then they would be a professional player aswell

Too much time playing FIFA and football manager,all experts.

  • Like 1
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, teddydfc62 said:

Its completely embarrassing. Even cammy was shouting back at the stand.

If it was as easy as some of the support seem to think, then they would be a professional player aswell

I'm no superfan, never pretended to be, I just can't sit and listen to some of the sh**e you hear at Dens, absolutely does my t*ts in. Feckin support the team people!!!!!!!!!!.🙄

  • Like 4
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, petethedee said:

Will always support when there is a glimmer of hope, think this is flogging a dead horse, it's up to him & JMP but it's a no from me. 

Those who booed Forster in the first half and those who booed a team keeping possession at 4-1 up are hindering the team and an utter embarrassment. There are no reasons, or excuses for it that can justify it and all the usual 'we pay our money' and 'it's understandable given the rubbish we watch' is just a pathetic way of covering up unbelievably pathetic, unhelpful, counterproductive, immature, garbage. 

  • Like 5
  • Star Post 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I'm no superfan, never pretended to be, I just can't sit and listen to some of the sh**e you hear at Dens, absolutely does my t*ts in. Feckin support the team people!!!!!!!!!!.🙄

And you didn’t even have to listen to me today!

At 4.15 I was seek I’d not gone today but at 4-3 I said to Callum thank goodness we didn’t go the atmosphere will be poisonous. 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

In what way is booing a team - who are winning - going to improve standards or confidence? 

There's a reason ex players say we are one of the worst fanbases around and why we're laughed at by the rest of Scotland's supports. Absolutely incredible to hear folk booing a team winning by one goal, never mind three. 

Idiots. 

Booing won’t improve anybody’s confidence, more especially individual players who make mistakes. I have never done it individually or collectively in over fifty years of watching Dundee. The booing of the collapse, probably caused by poor substitutions by the manager, was merited more  than the booing of our centre half. The suggestion that Dundee fans in general and a small minority who  choose to boo are in any way resonsible for the poor results this season is nonsense. As for fans laughing at us, the Arabs delight at our misfortune as we do theirs. St Johnstone hate us but the rest don’t give a sh!t about Dundee fans

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liverpool fans were on their backs today despite being ahead 1-0 and being unbeaten at home for months and months. It’s not clever but it’s not a DFC “thing”. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The booing was probably frustration at 3 and a half seasons of rubbish football.

The size of the crowd today reflects how pissed off the fans are. Hopefully the win can spur the players on. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Parcbara said:

Booing won’t improve anybody’s confidence, more especially individual players who make mistakes. I have never done it individually or collectively in over fifty years of watching Dundee. The booing of the collapse, probably caused by poor substitutions by the manager, was merited more  than the booing of our centre half. The suggestion that Dundee fans in general and a small minority who  choose to boo are in any way resonsible for the poor results this season is nonsense. As for fans laughing at us, the Arabs delight at our misfortune as we do theirs. St Johnstone hate us but the rest don’t give a sh!t about Dundee fans

I live in Edinburgh and the fans of both clubs here could not even name a Dundee player. Other fans do not laugh at us, apart from Dabs and Fermers,  the rest do not care and have no interest.

our team has been shocking for most of this season despite acquiring so called quality players, so fans are rightly annoyed, frustrated, disappointed, etc, and can see managerial errors like daft subbies. Stop this FiFA  computer criticism, as some of us know the game from pre computer days. Its  not complex but our coaching staff appear to make it seem that way.

 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.