Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Our Support

Smiffy1

32 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

I think it was only a couple of folk mate. Certainly in the Derry. 

It was sh*t loads mate. Forster recieved the ball in the first half when we were winning 3-1 and you could clearly hear him being booed from fans in the Bobby Cox. Guys around me stood up and shouted 'shut the f**k up'. 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

To be fair to the bulk of the Bobby Cox, there were plenty of folk telling these supporters to shut up and also asking them why the f**k they bother coming to games.  Before the start we made a joke amongst ourselves as to when the first booing would start.  You definitely got the impression though that some of these boys just couldn't wait on the first mistake from Forster in particular.   Fans can take a dislike to particular players and don't seem happier when that boy is struggling.  I remember donkeys years ago in the South Enclosure one guy used to be on his own at the game, in the same spot every week and he would give Les Barr pelters from start to finish, without LB really doing anything wrong.  Les would be doing the Les Barr shuffle down the sideline and this fella would just erupt ' Barr - you're phuckin stinking' at the top of his voice.  Same shout 90% of the time.

• Wowzer 1

5 minutes ago, Attilio said:

To be fair to the bulk of the Bobby Cox, there were plenty of folk telling these supporters to shut up and also asking them why the f**k they bother coming to games.  Before the start we made a joke amongst ourselves as to when the first booing would start.  You definitely got the impression though that some of these boys just couldn't wait on the first mistake from Forster in particular.   Fans can take a dislike to particular players and don't seem happier when that boy is struggling.  I remember donkeys years ago in the South Enclosure one guy used to be on his own at the game, in the same spot every week and he would give Les Barr pelters from start to finish, without LB really doing anything wrong.  Les would be doing the Les Barr shuffle down the sideline and this fella would just erupt ' Barr - you're phuckin stinking' at the top of his voice.  Same shout 90% of the time.

I think it needs other supporters to weed these people out. If you spent £24 in Tesco it wouldn't give you any right to call the cashier a useless b*****d so I've no idea why people think it's ok to do it at Dens.

56 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

It was sh*t loads mate. Forster recieved the ball in the first half when we were winning 3-1 and you could clearly hear him being booed from fans in the Bobby Cox. Guys around me stood up and shouted 'shut the f**k up'. 

Only a couple near me mate. I agree it doesn't help and usually I don't notice it too much. 

3 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

I think it was only a couple of folk mate. Certainly in the Derry. 

2 hours ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Blown a bit out of proportion from our fans as usual then?

A few people in each stand out of 3000 to 4000 loyal long suffering supporters.

No. Not at all. There were loads in the Cox booing Forster after he got in a pickle at their first goal. Then he got booed when he touched the ball afterwards with the score at 1-1 - that he then got supportive shouts from a good number made up for it somewhat but it must have seriously stung the lad - and the team.

There was also loud booing at 4-1 in the Cox purely for us holding the ball without really doing anything with it. You could hear the general disgruntlement and as that grew more and more jumped on board, shouting at players, shouting at McPake and three or four individuals in particular were on their feet shouting abuse. Although, as said, there were plenty folk shouting them down as well.

As I've said before, it made for a very bizarre, unsettling, uncomfortable atmosphere in the ground and, to me (I can't prove it), it definitely fed down to the players who you'd think would believe they'd done enough at that stage to have everyone supporting them. 

I've been very vocal about this since the game yesterday and, with all due respect mate, especially seeing as we are more often than not aligned in our thoughts, I'd appreciate not being told I'm blowing stuff out of proportion by someone who wasn't there. A section of support yesterday was embarrassing and I HATED being amongst it yesterday. Going to Dens this season and last is not what I remembering it being in the rest of my time following the club.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

39 minutes ago, barkblue said:

No. Not at all. There were loads in the Cox booing Forster after he got in a pickle at their first goal. Then he got booed when he touched the ball afterwards with the score at 1-1 - that he then got supportive shouts from a good number made up for it somewhat but it must have seriously stung the lad - and the team.

There was also loud booing at 4-1 in the Cox purely for us holding the ball without really doing anything with it. You could hear the general disgruntlement and as that grew more and more jumped on board, shouting at players, shouting at McPake and three or four individuals in particular were on their feet shouting abuse. Although, as said, there were plenty folk shouting them down as well.

As I've said before, it made for a very bizarre, unsettling, uncomfortable atmosphere in the ground and, to me (I can't prove it), it definitely fed down to the players who you'd think would believe they'd done enough at that stage to have everyone supporting them. 

I've been very vocal about this since the game yesterday and, with all due respect mate, especially seeing as we are more often than not aligned in our thoughts, I'd appreciate not being told I'm blowing stuff out of proportion by someone who wasn't there. A section of support yesterday was embarrassing and I HATED being amongst it yesterday. Going to Dens this season and last is not what I remembering it being in the rest of my time following the club.

Fair enough.

I did put a question mark at the end of it as I obviously couldnt judge as I wasn't there.

I certainly wasn't aiming the question at you or anyone individually as there have been dozens of posters all saying the same thing about it.

I just think we focus a bit much on a few individuals in the crowd at times on this subject but now appreciate from your response that it was much more than that yesterday and its pretty embarrassing tbh.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, barkblue said:

Probably twenty or less people booing in The Coxy, all the usual suspects that have a go every game. Probably 1,000 people at least in the stand, I'll leave you to work out the percentage and decide yourself if it's significant. I'll give you a clue though - it's not significant.

I'll accept that when the stands are quiet, as they were right after Dunfermline scored their first, a small number of people booing can be quite loud; particularly as the boo boys are really just attention seeking and want to be noticed so do it very loudly hoping others will follow. The worst thing you can do with these people is to react to them as it simply encourages them.

• Like 1

I don't boo personally but can understand the frustration of fans on Saturday. It was the strangest victory I can remember in a long time. 4-1 up and cruising but the problem was our team was in cruise control too much. They stopped doing what had been successful earlier in the game. The booing/frustration came out of the fact we were letting a beaten team back into the game. Everyone in the stands could see what was going to happen.

Yes it would be great if the booing stopped but you are always going to get a minority who like to moan at everything. The problem is these people can be heard because there is no atmosphere i.e. singing etc. And at least these moaners are turning up to watch the game. Forget the official attendance, that was the lowest Dee support I've seen for a league game in a long time.

19 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Probably twenty or less people booing in The Coxy, all the usual suspects that have a go every game. Probably 1,000 people at least in the stand, I'll leave you to work out the percentage and decide yourself if it's significant. I'll give you a clue though - it's not significant.

I'll accept that when the stands are quiet, as they were right after Dunfermline scored their first, a small number of people booing can be quite loud; particularly as the boo boys are really just attention seeking and want to be noticed so do it very loudly hoping others will follow. The worst thing you can do with these people is to react to them as it simply encourages them.

Got to disagree with this. We could clearly hear the booing in the Bobby Cox from the Main Stand and it certainly sounded like a fair bit more than 20 individuals. The negative shouts from the Main Stand weren't nearly as loud and there were a lot more than 20 involved in that. Surely this stuff is significant if it's affecting the players on the park in a negative sense, Cammy had a go at the fans, McGowan didn't celebrate the goals but ran towards the home fans cupping his ears when he scored. I think the players are pissed off by it but need to stay as professional as possible so they can't really do or say to much even though I think they'd like to. They've got to be thinking what the hell have they got to do to win us over. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Edin_Dee said:

I don't boo personally but can understand the frustration of fans on Saturday. It was the strangest victory I can remember in a long time. 4-1 up and cruising but the problem was our team was in cruise control too much. They stopped doing what had been successful earlier in the game. The booing/frustration came out of the fact we were letting a beaten team back into the game. Everyone in the stands could see what was going to happen.

Yes it would be great if the booing stopped but you are always going to get a minority who like to moan at everything. The problem is these people can be heard because there is no atmosphere i.e. singing etc. And at least these moaners are turning up to watch the game. Forget the official attendance, that was the lowest Dee support I've seen for a league game in a long time.

Saturday was the last home game before Christmas and I believe it's traditionally the biggest shopping day before Christmas too. I think the timing of this game affected the attendance somewhat. There were at least 4 just in my row of around a dozen seats who couldn't make the game due to festive commitments.

There was nobody around me in the Bobby Cox, to the left of the goal, booing but I did hear it to my right someplace , I think directed towards our centre half, but to be honest it didn't seem to last and I could hear people calling out those doing it. There was a bit more in different areas when we got to 4-3. But that was frustration and while it doesn't help the team, i can understand it given the QoS episode a few weeks ago. Our performances  this season would test the patience of a saint. I also agree with the comments about the size of the crowd. Didn't look like four thousand odd to me. But that is what this team as it stands (or plays and doesn't achieve) will do to gates, and season tickets next year. The product being as bad as it has cant do anything else but reduce gates.

Whoever is directing what we do on the park got it right for the first sixty minutes but got it so wrong, yet again, after that. Playing against ten men changes things but we gave them so much hope by resorting to our normal game. 

• Star Post 1

Adblock Detected