The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Gunnydee31

January Window

Rate this topic

After last night I still think we need a Center half and a goal keeper 

So would it be worth trying Celtic and trying to get Hendry and Gordon till the end of the season???

Also another loan and yes ambitious but we need to be would be Murphy from Rangers 

A centre half. A central midfield player with bite. A wide player, probably right sided.

• Like 1

I put my steel helmet on for the flack coming my way but I think we need a solid right back. Not doubting Kerrs commitment to the club and team but he is an accident waiting to happen. I would also think we need a centre back and a wide right player. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, EuanG said:

I put my steel helmet on for the flack coming my way but I think we need a solid right back. Not doubting Kerrs commitment to the club and team but he is an accident waiting to happen. I would also think we need a centre back and a wide right player. 

As competition to our first choice r/back?. Yes I completely agree as I don't like the idea of moving McGhee.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gunnydee31 said:

After last night I still think we need a Center half and a goal keeper 

So would it be worth trying Celtic and trying to get Hendry and Gordon till the end of the season???

Also another loan and yes ambitious but we need to be would be Murphy from Rangers 

Agree with that plus a winger who can hit the by line and get crosses in to the box. 

Hendry and Gordon would be good but way beyond us financially so need to look at cheaper options. 

I'd send Mackie and McPake back to their clubs and try to move on Todd and Forster to free up cash.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Need more pace on the wings

Definitely pace in the wider areas, 

Interesting that twice in his post match interview last night Mcpake made reference to “almost everyone” buying in to what he’s trying to do. As in, there are players who aren’t. Wouldn’t surprise me if Todd is one of the few not buying in considering his lack of opportunity. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dblair said:

Interesting that twice in his post match interview last night Mcpake made reference to “almost everyone” buying in to what he’s trying to do. As in, there are players who aren’t. Wouldn’t surprise me if Todd is one of the few not buying in considering his lack of opportunity. 

I picked up on that too and wondered who he meant as well. Hard to say if it's an attitude thing or lack of quality with Todd but McPake definitely doesn't rate him either way so best he moves on. 

7 hours ago, nemsadzDEE said:

Agree with that plus a winger who can hit the by line and get crosses in to the box. 

Hendry and Gordon would be good but way beyond us financially so need to look at cheaper options. 

I'd send Mackie and McPake back to their clubs and try to move on Todd and Forster to free up cash.

Yes same for me, but if some team, which I doubt, would take on his Wage Package, then Byrne out, for a hard tackling midfielder, the team plays, far superior football, when he's not involved.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rocky Boy said:

Yes same for me, but if some team, which I doubt, would take on his Wage Package, then Byrne out, for a hard tackling midfielder, the team plays, far superior football, when he's not involved.

When played in his proper position Byrne has done well. I think he can still contribute but Todd just seems too far out of the picture for some reason - didn’t work out for him at St Mirren either.

2 hours ago, nemsadzDEE said:

I picked up on that too and wondered who he meant as well. Hard to say if it's an attitude thing or lack of quality with Todd but McPake definitely doesn't rate him either way so best he moves on. 

I took it more to be the fans that weren't fully buying into what was being done at the club but your probably more along the right lines. 

Not so much us but I'm hoping that Shankland has some get out clauses in his contract and heads to Ingerland in January. Hopefully for a fraction of his worth. 😂

2 hours ago, nemsadzDEE said:

Possibly Byrne too? He really has fallen out of favour

1 minute ago, chomp my root said:

Not so much us but I'm hoping that Shankland has some get out clauses in his contract and heads to Ingerland in January. Hopefully for a fraction of his worth. 😂

Think they should cash in whilst his stock is still high. I can see him losing a bit of form over the next few months. 

8 minutes ago, dblair said:

Byrne is only out of the team due to Finlay’s performance- I’d want to keep him as he offers true strength in depth. 

• Like 2

Just now, Dens Bound Rhino said:

Think they should cash in whilst his stock is still high. I can see him losing a bit of form over the next few months. 

Think he has started that already mate. Either that or he’s been told to keep quiet to kill of any interest in him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

As always Chomp I heard a rumour today that S has to go to balance / redress the loss on the Fruits Books ... probably pish but hey ho it’s still the season to be Jolly !

He is certainly a finisher ... maybe to the Huns ... maybe a weeee bit of Ally McGoal aboot him ?

• Like 2

ICT are in a bad way financially so I don't see them strengthening. If we use the window well we can put ourselves in a great position to claim second place quite comfortably.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dblair said:

Yeah good shout mate, don't see anyone taking on his wages though. Could mean Ness as well although i think his issues are more fitness related.