Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

January Window

Gunnydee31

3 hours ago, deefly78 said:

Gowser is not a McKinnon or Butcher type player, no where near. Opposition fans hate him but that's as far as that goes.

I would love someone to boss the midfield and be aggressive and bully boys on the park. 

Can anyone remember the last midfielder we had like that??

Spot on. I often wonder what folk see when they suggest Gowser is some sort of midfield hard man. Yes, he works hard and gets stuck in (and is permanently frothing at the mouth), but how many games has he taken by the scruff of the neck through intimidating players and dominating the middle of the park? Precisely none. That doesn't stop him being one of our best players this season, but not in that role. 

• Like 2

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
16 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Hopefully we'd get a reasonable fee if he leaves. 

It might explain his lack of effort in the past couple of games though.

IF true And IF we get a fee, I hope Mcpake goes after a big ball winning center forward to allow Hemmings to do what he’s best at

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

1 minute ago, dblair said:

IF true And IF we get a fee, I hope Mcpake goes after a big ball winning center forward to allow Hemmings to do what he’s best at

That and a proper ball winning midfielder and I think we'd be set.

If we can't do that and no one leaves, I'd leave as is. The last few winter windows have been thoroughly pointless and just made shaky teams even less stable. 

27 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I'm not sure how Hartlepool are fixed financially mate, been trying to find something about transfer fees they've paid recently but can't find anything. Hopefully a fee involved though.

Edit-Hartlepool haven't paid a transfer fee this season so I'm wondering if this might be a swap deal?. Ex- Sunderland U23 attacking midfielder/winger Luke Molyneux might be of interest to us and is an ex-teammate of Andy Nelson.

McPake seems to like signing Scots or Scot's league players mate. Can't see him going for molyneux.

To be honest I think having Johnson & Hemmings presents the manager with a bit of a problem, both will want to play but so far haven't really shown that they can be effective together. Got a feeling that Johnson was signed before Hemmings, maybe surprisingly, became available to us. Maybe him potentially leaving could turn out to be a good thing as it could allow us to strengthen other areas. I'd imagine that Wighton is almost certainly coming in if Johnson goes. He's from the North East of England so Hartlepool would seem like a good fit.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Wasn't expecting that. Haven't been overly impressed with him to be honest though.

Well fans didn’t want to lose him and we haven’t made best use of him. He’s every right to accept a move given JMcP placed his bets on Kane. Would be real disappointed if he left. 

Adblock Detected