The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
McSkimmeroo

Hong Kong Dees

Rate this topic

Hello all, I'm moving to Hong Kong next month and hoping to meet any Dark Blues in the city to watch games etc, any information regarding existence of supporters club there would be invaluable. Might be a lonely place to be a DFC supporter I guess. Cheers!

29 minutes ago, McSkimmeroo said:

Hello all, I'm moving to Hong Kong next month and hoping to meet any Dark Blues in the city to watch games etc, any information regarding existence of supporters club there would be invaluable. Might be a lonely place to be a DFC supporter I guess. Cheers!

Maybe @HK Blues will be able to point you in the right direction mate.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Maybe @HK Blues will be able to point you in the right direction mate.

Don't think he stays there anymore mate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chomp my root said:

Don't think he stays there anymore mate.

No I don't think he does, I think he might have contacts though.

I lived there between 2012 and 2017 and dees were few and far between.  Not much Scottish football on offer although there is a scruffy bar in the red light area (Wan Chai) called the Trafalgar who show Rangers home matches.  I was there for a couple of games including the cup quarter final. I was the only Dee.  I wouldn"t describe the huns there as friendly but they didn't bother me.  Subscribe to Dees TV.

1 hour ago, McSkimmeroo said:

Start up a "Honk Kong Supporters Club" on the forum and send out invites to Dees on the forum in that Area?

25 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Start up a "Honk Kong Supporters Club" on the forum and send out invites to Dees on the forum in that Area?

Great shout. There may not be many fans locally, but get a club started - there was no "62 Club" before me and a pal and I moved to Perth, but we've been running supporters' buses home and away for many years, now. DDYB.

• Like 2

Okay, grand! Thanks for your comments and suggestions. Much appreciated 😀

1 hour ago, CBH62 said:

Great shout. There may not be many fans locally, but get a club started - there was no "62 Club" before me and a pal and I moved to Perth, but we've been running supporters' buses home and away for many years, now. DDYB.

If you need help setting the club up on the forum, please feel free to contact me and I will help you or anyone else out setting it up! :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, McSkimmeroo said:

Hi McSkimmeroo - I was there from 2004 to 2015.  There are a number of football bars, mostly in Wan Chai, but nothing for Dees as there aren't that many of us around - a few Old Firm guys as you would imagine (including Frank McGarvey's son funnily enough).  Even the two Scottish bars in Wan Chai, Carnegies and The Canny Man , aren't really focused on Scottish football.  There is another Dee in Hong Kong - I'm not sure he posts on here but does on Pie & Bovril - he might be worth getting in touch with. 

If you need any general info on Hong Kong, just drop me a private message and I'll be happy to help.