The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved

Rate this question

Question

Hi john - as requested - I am also getting the wee blank square when I try and use either emojis on iPhone or the in house emojis. Awkward as smiley emojis often needed to dampen the bitterness/ sarcasm of my rapier wit (laughing emoji if I could !)

cheers and all the best for 2020

12 answers to this question

Me too. Using Safari on Mac.

Too all those who are having issues with Emoji's, can you post some emoji's here and tell me the device you use and your OS on that device please!

Cheers.

Hi John,

I use a Macbook Air, running OSX 10.14.6 Mojave, and Safari 13.0.2 as browser...unchanged for several months.

In that 'topic' on the Support tab, I tried using Safari's own emoji menu, rather than the drop-down list in the bar above where I'm typing this, and those displayed correctly in the Support message, and still do (screen shot below).... 

image.png.bd9f9acdbbc21289c66f9a339b9224c0.png  

Here are a few from the drop-down menu......

Angry wee man.....  😡  

Frustrated Dee at Dens......  😖

A happy Dee.....  🤥  

GeDee.....  :chaplin:       

[this last one for GeDee I took from scrolling right down to the bottom of that list, and surprisingly it appears ok while the other 3 change to the blue square, so maybe we just have to not use the set at the top of the list???]

:wiggle:

• Funny 1

10 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

GeDee.....:chaplin:  

When that ain stops working Wood'  :tears:

You'll ken for one reason, or anither :bye:

Happy Clappy forum days are ower :jawdrop:

😂🙄

:ph34r::bleh:

Using Safari on MacBookAir. Trying Woodstein's suggestion of posting two emojis from the top and then two from the bottom - Is this the numbers round in Countdown??

And yes, the top two are blue squares, the bottom two work properly. 

Let me know if you can see your Emoji's now?

The site is set to use Twitters Emojis so everyone sees the same ones regardless of the device. The issue is that Twitters caching seems to have images missing for some reason and that is why some images are not displaying correctly.

I have switched the service over to display the Emoji's from your device, so 'fingers crossed' you should be seeing your emoji's now?!

John,

Yes, I can now see both sources of emojis, including the ones Barkblue said were appearing as blue squares.

Off to post something on the DFC Discussion forum to see if that now displays correctly.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WoodStein said:

John,

Yes, I can now see both sources of emojis, including the ones Barkblue said were appearing as blue squares.

Off to post something on the DFC Discussion forum to see if that now displays correctly.

Weel, eh hope it works for you Wood' this time ...

(The truth is, eh'm gettin' a bit seek o' Admin John, aye contacting me ,for some mair Technical Advice):chaplin:

On 09/01/2020 at 21:23, TheDarkBlues said:

Let me know if you can see your Emoji's now?

The site is set to use Twitters Emojis so everyone sees the same ones regardless of the device. The issue is that Twitters caching seems to have images missing for some reason and that is why some images are not displaying correctly.

I have switched the service over to display the Emoji's from your device, so 'fingers crossed' you should be seeing your emoji's now?!

Sorted for me. 👍

• Like 1

On 10/01/2020 at 08:40, Gedee said:

Weel, eh hope it works for you Wood' this time ...

(The truth is, eh'm gettin' a bit seek o' Admin John, aye contacting me ,for some mair Technical Advice):chaplin:

Sometimes Gedee, you just have to admit that you're out of your depth and have to seek the advice of the better man........

• Funny 1

50 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Sometimes Gedee, you just have to admit that you're out of your depth and have to seek the advice of the better man........

Thank you John ... But let's not overdo it (eh dinnae want tae think eh'm being used) :bye: