The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Davedee77

Byrne

Rate this topic

Has he had a fall out with manager? I don’t understand how he never came on today. We were no where near it in midfield today. We need to start getting the best out of this boy because the games he’s played well in and in his natural position I think he can be a real asset. He was wanted by a lot premier league teams before he signed with us. I think we have yet to see the best of him. Are we using him to his strengths? 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Davedee77 said:

Has he had a fall out with manager? I don’t understand how he never came on today. We were no where near it in midfield today. We need to start getting the best out of this boy because the games he’s played well in and in his natural position I think he can be a real asset. He was wanted by a lot premier league teams before he signed with us. I think we have yet to see the best of him. Are we using him to his strengths? 

You can almost guarantee McPake will play him next week just to show he is trying to change things around, he doesn’t have a clue  

What does Byrne have that made him a favourite with Livvie fans, and had other clubs looking at him before Dundee paid a fee for him? I recall he was a defensive player who could tackle and could retain posession. Does McPake no longer see a need for such a player or does McPake think Byrne is no longer that player (and if that is the case what has happened since his arrival at Dens?).

Old saying you can become a better player when not playing 

he’s been getting slaughtered on her for weeks lol

• Funny 1

39 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

What does Byrne have that made him a favourite with Livvie fans, and had other clubs looking at him before Dundee paid a fee for him? I recall he was a defensive player who could tackle and could retain posession. Does McPake no longer see a need for such a player or does McPake think Byrne is no longer that player (and if that is the case what has happened since his arrival at Dens?).

All very weird. Plays over 80 games in 2 seasons in SPL. Comes here  and can't get a look in. Even with 3 players injured then 2 substitutions he's still twiddling his thumbs.

Livi played a different style. One up, long ball and try to win 2nd balls higher up. 

• Like 1

I've been a bit underwhelmed with Bryne but yesterday against the most physical midfield in the league I was surprised he did  not start possibly in a 4231 formation ... I have  no idea why he didn't come on either to bolster the midfield or to give him game time once the match was all over which was most of the second half.  The young lad that did come on looked a bit out his depth albeit early days but if I was Byrne I would not be a happy trooper. 

• Like 2

While I think Fin has played well the last few weeks I would not have started him against the biggest most physical team in the league.

This was a game for Byrne to return in central midfield-not wide right or left.

• Like 2

I think Byrne has been our most disappointing signing this season and was correctly dropped on his form.

Something doesnt seem right regarding him this season.

On 05/01/2020 at 09:24, Wattie Rojas said:

Livi played a different style. One up, long ball and try to win 2nd balls higher up. 

Correct Wattie, in this league playing for Dundee he gets more of the ball than he ever would at Livi, he is not comfortable on the ball from what I’ve seen. He’s probably not a bad player but not suited to the set up or style.(passing sideways and backwards)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigG said:

Correct Wattie, in this league playing for Dundee he gets more of the ball than he ever would at Livi, he is not comfortable on the ball from what I’ve seen. He’s probably not a bad player but not suited to the set up or style.(passing sideways and backwards)

I don't think he's terrible on the ball either tbh, Dunfermline fans actually thought he was a good footballer but not physical enough for the game which Livi completely changed!

I think he's often just redundant in what we're doing. So many awkward no winger formations we've played this year where we've not had much creativity.

Byrne's best game was Morton away I thought as his switching was tremendous that day. Possibly another winger in and a simple instruction would improve him.

Disgraceful though we've spent money on a top flight player on a massive contract and haven't even considered our style of play.

• Like 4
  • Star Post 1

Yeh maybe a mixture of both posts then Harry, McPake obviously not liking what he brings to the team at the moment.

I thought he would be a good signing for us, hopefully he will come good

11 hours ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

I think Byrne has been our most disappointing signing this season and was correctly dropped on his form.

Something doesnt seem right regarding him this season.

Is it possible that now he's got a lucrative, long term contract he lacks motivation?

• Star Post 1

How can u say he isn’t comfortable on the ball? He is more than good enough on the ball. I think the best is yet to come from him well here’s hoping anyway. He’s be unfortunate at times