The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved

Rate this topic

Apart from the Dee is there any other club or team you follow or support ?

My missus and I go and watch Millwall five times a season. Go to the Den a couple of times and take in three away games. Met some fantastic people and the whole experience is so much better than football up here. Get a pint at the match and the atmosphere is so much better. 

I also go to one England and Wales test match a year with my mate. It is a brilliant day out having a good drink in the ground watching top class sport. The atmosphere is also superb. I would say I probably prefer cricket to football now. I never though I would think that. 

1 hour ago, DeeMo said:

Apart from the Dee is there any other club or team you follow or support ?

My missus and I go and watch Millwall five times a season. Go to the Den a couple of times and take in three away games. Met some fantastic people and the whole experience is so much better than football up here. Get a pint at the match and the atmosphere is so much better. 

I also go to one England and Wales test match a year with my mate. It is a brilliant day out having a good drink in the ground watching top class sport. The atmosphere is also superb. I would say I probably prefer cricket to football now. I never though I would think that. 

hi deemo

i support west ham (fav english side) only seen them 3 times, friendlies against

the dabs years ago.

1 hour ago, sneddee said:

hi deemo

i support west ham (fav english side) only seen them 3 times, friendlies against

the dabs years ago.

Being a Millwall fan I have no love for West Ham. It would be brilliant if Millwall got West Ham in the cup at the Den. I don't think the Met would be very happy though.

I went hospitalty at Dens in 2007 for a pre season friendly against Millwall. Sat at a table with two Millwall guys. Not in touch with them anymore but have many friends we meet up with when we go to the games.We get called Scottish Millwall.

You should get yourself down to London for a West Ham game. Brilliant city with so much to see and do and take in a football match. Brilliant 👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sneddee said:

hi deemo

the dabs years ago.

West Ham man myself, I started supporting them because of those friendlies against the Dabs. I think they were part of the Ray Stewart deal when he moved from them to the Hammers. I have been to Upton Park ( The Boleyn Ground) many times. Fantastic atmosphere there. I have yet to visit the new stadium, but plan to do so this season. One of my son’s also supports West Ham, the other is Crystal Palace.

• Like 1

I've relatives who are Palace fans so I've always followed them; it helped that I absolutely loved their late seventies strip.

Also Schalke 04 since I was a wee lad but no idea why. I'd love to go to see a game at their place sometime.

3 minutes ago, OCDee said:

I've relatives who are Palace fans so I've always followed them; it helped that I absolutely loved their late seventies strip.

Also Schalke 04 since I was a wee lad but no idea why. I'd love to go to see a game at their place sometime.

On my bucket list is a trip to Germany to take some games in. I want to go to Schalke's stadium like youself. It looks absolutely brilliant. I also would like to go to Gladbach's, Hamburg's and Dortmunds stadiums. 

10 minutes ago, DeeMo said:

On my bucket list is a trip to Germany to take some games in. I want to go to Schalke's stadium like youself. It looks absolutely brilliant. I also would like to go to Gladbach's, Hamburg's and Dortmunds stadiums. 

Aye, there are quite a few great stadiums that are always full. Not impossible to do two in a weekend with the way the games are staggered.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, OCDee said:

Have you been to any Palace games ?

10 hours ago, DeeMo said:

Have you been to any Palace games ?

I've only been twice; once when I was down on holiday when I was a nipper and 34 years later for the Speroni testimonial.

My wife used to work in London from Tuesday to Thursday and I quite often went there for the weekend to save her travelling up and down every week. She wasn't keen on me disappearing for the majority of the Saturday down to Selhurst so I never made it. The best I managed was a trip to see West Ham - although I had to endure an evening at the theatre as payment.😫

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Leeds. Get to more Chelsea games though. 

Spurs for me. Went to a north London derby as a kid and ended up living in north London in my 20s.

Man Utd, but not really a fan of English football. Used to be big into Borussia Dortmund when Kloppo was there. Also rooting quite a bit for Brechin City and Fort William.

12 hours ago, Cobra said:

Spurs for me. Went to a north London derby as a kid and ended up living in north London in my 20s.

Was fortunate enough to go corporate at WHL (my previous boss had a table and invited me down), Spurs v Bolton in a cup game in 2012. Spurs won 3-1, it was the game that was played because sadly in the first one Muamba had a heart attack on the pitch. Thankfully he is okay. 

20 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Leeds. Get to more Chelsea games though. 

I know a Leeds fan that says it is so difficult to get tickets now. He is a member as is his son and daughter. The problem is they can only get one ticket each and that is balloted so they might end up with  1 or 2 tickets. Away tickets are next to impossible to get.

Leeds is a fantastic city, I was down there for the Ashes last year which was amazing. Was also down the year before for a test match. Headingly the ground and area is brilliant. 

Heading to another brilliant city this August. Away to Trent bridge Nottingham. Can't wait 🏏

Edited by DeeMo

Its always been Arsenal for me. What a coincidence that both my teams pass the ball about all day and get nowhere

• Funny 1

15 minutes ago, Parcbara said:

Its always been Arsenal for me. What a coincidence that both my teams pass the ball about all day and get nowhere

Have you been to the Emirates ?

Have not been to a game there but did a tour a few years ago. Quality stadium.

yes many times. Quite a stadium.  Plenty dark blue red and white inside too. feel at home.An Arsenal Spurs derby doesn't hold back either in terms of crowd having a go at players.

Edited by Parcbara

5 hours ago, DeeMo said:

I know a Leeds fan that says it is so difficult to get tickets now. He is a member as is his son and daughter. The problem is they can only get one ticket each and that is balloted so they might end up with  1 or 2 tickets. Away tickets are next to impossible to get. 

Tried to get tickets for a few games this season through a few folk I know. Absolutely no luck whatsoever. I did get one offer - Millwall at the end of the month. I kindly declined. :lol:

• Funny 1

17 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Tried to get tickets for a few games this season through a few folk I know. Absolutely no luck whatsoever. I did get one offer - Millwall at the end of the month. I kindly declined. :lol:

Why would you decline, the fans love each other and the game would be like a friendly 🙂