Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Apart From the Dee

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
12 hours ago, Cobra said:

Spurs for me. Went to a north London derby as a kid and ended up living in north London in my 20s.

Was fortunate enough to go corporate at WHL (my previous boss had a table and invited me down), Spurs v Bolton in a cup game in 2012. Spurs won 3-1, it was the game that was played because sadly in the first one Muamba had a heart attack on the pitch. Thankfully he is okay. 

20 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Leeds. Get to more Chelsea games though. 

I know a Leeds fan that says it is so difficult to get tickets now. He is a member as is his son and daughter. The problem is they can only get one ticket each and that is balloted so they might end up with  1 or 2 tickets. Away tickets are next to impossible to get.

Leeds is a fantastic city, I was down there for the Ashes last year which was amazing. Was also down the year before for a test match. Headingly the ground and area is brilliant. 

Heading to another brilliant city this August. Away to Trent bridge Nottingham. Can't wait 🏏

Edited by DeeMo

15 minutes ago, Parcbara said:

Its always been Arsenal for me. What a coincidence that both my teams pass the ball about all day and get nowhere

Have you been to the Emirates ?

Have not been to a game there but did a tour a few years ago. Quality stadium.

5 hours ago, DeeMo said:

I know a Leeds fan that says it is so difficult to get tickets now. He is a member as is his son and daughter. The problem is they can only get one ticket each and that is balloted so they might end up with  1 or 2 tickets. Away tickets are next to impossible to get. 

Tried to get tickets for a few games this season through a few folk I know. Absolutely no luck whatsoever. I did get one offer - Millwall at the end of the month. I kindly declined. :lol:

• Funny 1

17 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Tried to get tickets for a few games this season through a few folk I know. Absolutely no luck whatsoever. I did get one offer - Millwall at the end of the month. I kindly declined. :lol:

Why would you decline, the fans love each other and the game would be like a friendly 🙂

Went to see Newcastle v Crystal Palace about 5 years ago at St. James Park - went by train from Dundee , had lunch in Newcastle and went to ground- before kick off I was in the Newcastle medical suite with the  team doctor  and E.C.G's , blood sats,  and the full works---- was looking  forward to seeing Speroni in goal for C.P.-    I.recovered but could not go back into the Stand lest it happened again. At 15. 20 my son and I had to be let out of the stadium  by a side door- the lad who let us out asked why we were leaving early...son replies, "Crap match ."  I had left ma hoose at  8.a.m.  and arrived back in Dundee at 21 45 without seeing a ball being kicked- most embarrassing bit was lying on the examination couch with the ljs on and a pair of my old man's braces.  Maybe it was the pole dancers in the lunch pub which gave me the vapours . Son has not suggested long trip away matches again . Minter or what ?

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

13 hours ago, expert said:

Went to see Newcastle v Crystal Palace about 5 years ago at St. James Park - went by train from Dundee , had lunch in Newcastle and went to ground- before kick off I was in the Newcastle medical suite with the  team doctor  and E.C.G's , blood sats,  and the full works---- was looking  forward to seeing Speroni in goal for C.P.-    I.recovered but could not go back into the Stand lest it happened again. At 15. 20 my son and I had to be let out of the stadium  by a side door- the lad who let us out asked why we were leaving early...son replies, "Crap match ."  I had left ma hoose at  8.a.m.  and arrived back in Dundee at 21 45 without seeing a ball being kicked- most embarrassing bit was lying on the examination couch with the ljs on and a pair of my old man's braces.  Maybe it was the pole dancers in the lunch pub which gave me the vapours . Son has not suggested long trip away matches again . Minter or what ?

Sorry to laugh but that is brilliant.

• Like 1

I go and see Portsmouth a few times a season.  In fact my next trip to see them is when they play Tranmere  at Prenton Park  on Feb 8.   I try and take in their games when they are at Blackpool, Fleetwood Tranmere etc.

I was at Fratton Park this season for the game against Southampton in the Carabo cup.  It is  a fierce rivalry  to say both sets of fans hate each other is a gross understatement.

Was at the Docklands Derby last season away to Plymouth. We were in hospitality, and the player featured in the match programme was Kyle Letheren.

Not sure why they call it a Derby as the cities are around 170 miles apart, no love lost between both sets of fans there either. We are heading down to Fratton again later in the season  not picked the game yet, lets hope Fly Be are still operating as its a handy flight to Southhampton, then on to Pompy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeeMo said:

Sorry to laugh but that is brilliant.

There is a book to be written about our football travels...e.g....going to see the Dee v Clyde...we followed a car with a  D4L sticker as we were unsure of the way....near to E..Kilbride the car pulled into  a Services place.We followed and asked the guys how far we were from the stadium.........reply...' we are no going tae any match, we're on our way to Liverpool to see our granny.'   After a detour through E.Kilbride we arrived at the game at 15.30...it was not a great game...   the almost 200 mile return trip to Tynecastle is legendary...we went through Freuchie 3 times..losing the car in Kilmarnock in the dark wisnae funny.

• Funny 3

Adblock Detected