Jump to content
The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Alternative

Toxic

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Over the last few weeks every player, without exception, has been criticised on this forum, the manager, assistant manager, those running the club and the fans, yes even the fans! have been blamed for our poor form.

Last week against the Dabs we showed the commitment and desire which was sadly lacking at the weekend, every player had earned pass marks, yes there were individual errors but at our level that is inevitable.

So what has happened over the past week? What has turned what looked like a team finally coming together into 11 individuals who looked to have no clue throughout the first half, in the second half we were better but by then the game was lost'

For me it can only be the instructions and tactics delivered by the the manager, by half time it was obvious our tactics and setup were not working, whatever was said at half time improved us slightly or maybe ICT were just happy to let us have more of the ball.

In my opinion all 11 players didn't suddenly lose form over the course of a week  so it has to be the setup and lack of proper preparation.

For that reason I feel McPake has to go, I really wanted him to succeed but he keeps making bad decisions, his substitutions alone, throughout the season,  have been illjudged, at best they have been ineffectual, on occasions they appear to have cost us points or weakened the team.

Give him more time? Not for me.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Alternative said:

Over the last few weeks every player, without exception, has been criticised on this forum, the manager, assistant manager, those running the club and the fans, yes even the fans! have been blamed for our poor form.

Last week against the Dabs we showed the commitment and desire which was sadly lacking at the weekend, every player had earned pass marks, yes there were individual errors but at our level that is inevitable.

So what has happened over the past week? What has turned what looked like a team finally coming together into 11 individuals who looked to have no clue throughout the first half, in the second half we were better but by then the game was lost'

For me it can only be the instructions and tactics delivered by the the manager, by half time it was obvious our tactics and setup were not working, whatever was said at half time improved us slightly or maybe ICT were just happy to let us have more of the ball.

In my opinion all 11 players didn't suddenly lose form over the course of a week  so it has to be the setup and lack of proper preparation.

For that reason I feel McPake has to go, I really wanted him to succeed but he keeps making bad decisions, his substitutions alone, throughout the season,  have been illjudged, at best they have been ineffectual, on occasions they appear to have cost us points or weakened the team.

Give him more time? Not for me.

 

Maybe ICT played in a way that didn't allow us to play. We'll always get loads of possession at Dens in this division, we're not good enough to play round players and through teams so we've either got to coax them out, which the fans don't want, or hit them swiftly on the counter and take our chances when they come. I think playing as a counterattacking team at home will draw criticism too though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ICT denied us the ball in the first half and we had no answer to it. Second half they let us have more of the ball and stood further off but immediately blotted us out when they saw a threat.

We were indeed absolutely appalling but they did their jobs very well and made a team playing poorly into a team playing very poorly. ICT were organised and could adapt, we were disorganised and simply couldn't.

Manager's fault? Yes, didn't or couldn't change when when plan A proved completely wrong and didn't remove at least one and possibly two very ineffective players early enough. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alternative said:

For that reason I feel McPake has to go, I really wanted him to succeed but he keeps making bad decisions, his substitutions alone, throughout the season,  have been illjudged, at best they have been ineffectual, on occasions they appear to have cost us points or weakened the team.

Give him more time? Not for me.

 

I hate the constant hiring and firing and the club needs some stability but McPake's limitations are regularly exposed in the Championship and he would clearly be a disaster in the top flight if we somehow got promoted.  Sooner or later Nelms is going to have to replace his pal.

Given that our decision-making has been abysmal since Colvin left, maybe we should ask BC if he'd consider returning as a director or adviser at least until we can get our act together again.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alternative said:

Over the last few weeks every player, without exception, has been criticised on this forum, the manager, assistant manager, those running the club and the fans, yes even the fans! have been blamed for our poor form.

Last week against the Dabs we showed the commitment and desire which was sadly lacking at the weekend, every player had earned pass marks, yes there were individual errors but at our level that is inevitable.

So what has happened over the past week? What has turned what looked like a team finally coming together into 11 individuals who looked to have no clue throughout the first half, in the second half we were better but by then the game was lost'

For me it can only be the instructions and tactics delivered by the the manager, by half time it was obvious our tactics and setup were not working, whatever was said at half time improved us slightly or maybe ICT were just happy to let us have more of the ball.

In my opinion all 11 players didn't suddenly lose form over the course of a week  so it has to be the setup and lack of proper preparation.

For that reason I feel McPake has to go, I really wanted him to succeed but he keeps making bad decisions, his substitutions alone, throughout the season,  have been illjudged, at best they have been ineffectual, on occasions they appear to have cost us points or weakened the team.

Give him more time? Not for me.

 

 Derby- The flash in the pan happened and has extinguished-  Yinited had an off form  night in the Derby- We have simply returned to our usual  woeful  performances- no surprise. That is what happened. The S.S .  Dee still has no rudder, compass , no wind in its sails and no Admiral.  So we are back to bobbing about aimlessly in the doldrums; frustrating fans , making fans suffer, and no sight of a safe harbour . The Moody  Blues  "Go now" should be played  instead of "As I was walikng doon the Overgate.........." referring to J Mc P- Dee favourite as a player  , but not up to the task of managing a decent championship squad .

                                 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I hate the constant hiring and firing and the club needs some stability but McPake's limitations are regularly exposed in the Championship and he would clearly be a disaster in the top flight if we somehow got promoted.  Sooner or later Nelms is going to have to replace his pal.

Given that our decision-making has been abysmal since Colvin left, maybe we should ask BC if he'd consider returning as a director or adviser at least until we can get our act together again.

I’ll message him and tell him your asking for him Cobra. More chance of my McGowan first goal scorer v ICT coming up than Bill returning anytime soon. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whole atmosphere changed because the January window will open and we have seen exactly what happened in the previous two years. Cobra expressed the hope that there would not be a third disaster this year. Dorrans situation needs to be sorted and talk of bringing in new players to strengthen the team has simply undermined the confidence of those who are already here.

Playoffs  at the end of the year must be the target and the players who are here should be good enough to achieve that. Big division about McPake, but not, I believe, about whether the squad is good enough.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BCram said:

Whole atmosphere changed because the January window will open and we have seen exactly what happened in the previous two years. Cobra expressed the hope that there would not be a third disaster this year. Dorrans situation needs to be sorted and talk of bringing in new players to strengthen the team has simply undermined the confidence of those who are already here.

Playoffs  at the end of the year must be the target and the players who are here should be good enough to achieve that. Big division about McPake, but not, I believe, about whether the squad is good enough.

Interesting point about the squad. When NM and JMc were here the majority of posters questioned the ability of the squads assembled and ultimately demanded the managers heads. Certainly feels like the majority of posters believe that the  current squad has the ability but that’s it’s not being tapped properly.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Valentke said:

Interesting point about the squad. When NM and JMc were here the majority of posters questioned the ability of the squads assembled and ultimately demanded the managers heads. Certainly feels like the majority of posters believe that the  current squad has the ability but that’s it’s not being tapped properly.

Still think that McPake and Nicholl can change things, but for me if McPake does step down any new regime would have to work with the players we have.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly for me what is toxic in all this is our continual attacks on managers( does not matter which one) staff players and fans. We all want success as a team but as someone once said our successes are quickly forgotten our failures never forgotten. We seem to dwell on negativity and having a go at Dundee FC and all that happens around this club. I have been a supporter all my life and went to my first game in 1970 and in all that time we have never been used to success or winning things and have been up and down a number of times in the leagues and yet sometimes I get the impression we think we are one of the giants of Scottish football and should be doing so much better. A well back to work. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

ICT denied us the ball in the first half and we had no answer to it. Second half they let us have more of the ball and stood further off but immediately blotted us out when they saw a threat.

We were indeed absolutely appalling but they did their jobs very well and made a team playing poorly into a team playing very poorly. ICT were organised and could adapt, we were disorganised and simply couldn't.

Manager's fault? Yes, didn't or couldn't change when when plan A proved completely wrong and didn't remove at least one and possibly two very ineffective players early enough. 

Exactly this. They did it up in Inverness a few weeks ago as well. Sat in, let us have all the ball, let us play tippy tappy sideways sh**e for 90 mins and hit us on the break.

We are so easy to play against its unreal. Predictable, slow, tedious. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've scored once in four games against Inverness. Robertson must wish he could face us every week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Maybe ICT played in a way that didn't allow us to play.

Isn't that the point? Plan A didn't work, but there was no plan B. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EuanG said:

we have never been used to success or winning things and have been up and down a number of times in the leagues and yet sometimes I get the impression we think we are one of the giants of Scottish football and should be doing so much better. 

No one's asking for success or to win stuff.

Just to do a bit better than last season which was the worst top flight season in our entire history (we've had about 95 top flight seasons) and this season which so far on course to be the joint fourth worst season in our 127 year history.

And, yes, we should be doing better than 4th in the Championship after a record breaking relegation with the financial backing the owners have given to this football club the last few seasons.

Much better.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.