Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The Goalie Position

Wattie Rojas

I feel that a better keeper would help the defence. Forster for example is having to turn and chase through balls which some keepers would come out and gather. 

He hardly ever seems to make good saves either.

Maybe I'm being harsh but to me it looks like he's thinking about something else half the time. 

Personally I'd put Ferrie in. 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Hamilton is not the best keeper we've ever had and certainly not the worst. He makes some decent saves but, for me at least, can't be depended on consistently. A good keeper could help the defence but I think we have other positions more in need of improvement than the goalkeeper.

Be careful what you wish for because if Ferrie does get a game through necessity who's to say he won't be worse? He wasn't considered for a game when Hamilton was out and an emergency loan had to be arranged. Must be a reason for that,

I think Hamilton has made a few glaring mistakes this season but beyond that has done OK and the lad from Celtic was no better.

I'd also say he's made a few real top notch saves this season. Him and Forster together don't really instil confidence but then Forster hasn't needed any help in making a huge amount more gaffes all of his own.

3 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Aside from Douglas, Speroni and Bain (2014/15), the goalkeeping position has always been something of a weak spot as long as I've been watching the team.

The current GK situation isn't great but it's ok IMO.

Letheren was decent as was Simonson. Sure there's been a few others of that ilk

Edit to add that I get what you mean though. Very difficult position to fill

Edited by Dens Bound Rhino

5 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Aside from Douglas, Speroni and Bain (2014/15), the goalkeeping position has always been something of a weak spot as long as I've been watching the team.

The current GK situation isn't great but it's ok IMO.

I can go further back and remember Ally Donaldson, Thomson Allen, Mike Hewitt, and Bobby Geddes. All decent enough keepers.

I can also remember Alan Blair though.

Adblock Detected