Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The Goalie Position

Wattie Rojas

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
4 hours ago, SouthsideDee said:

Bobby Geddes was in goal at the league cup final. Kelly played when they won the league.

Thanks Southside, I thought it was Kelly, long time ago now however still have nightmare of Sturrock with his fecking headers and the eruption from the Provey Road End that sounded like a girls hockey match support.

On 07/01/2020 at 20:51, Dens Bound Rhino said:

Letheren was decent as was Simonson. Sure there's been a few others of that ilk

Edit to add that I get what you mean though. Very difficult position to fill

Letheren was largely poor, and Simonsen was hardly great either given he was probably on a fortune.

For me, we should never have signed, let alone paid for Hamilton. Elliot Parish was no worse. The boy on loan from Celtic looked a better keeper IMO

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Sebastiano Nela said:

Letheren was largely poor, and Simonsen was hardly great either given he was probably on a fortune.

For me, we should never have signed, let alone paid for Hamilton. Elliot Parish was no worse. The boy on loan from Celtic looked a better keeper IMO

The fee seems to be what irks people, Kevin Holt was in the same boat. Both are decent players but the fees paid for both, unfairly imo, raised expectation levels.

• Like 2

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 12:39, Dayster said:

I dont think Hamilton is any worse than other keepers we have had at this level - Ludo Roy, Letheren etc and is a step up from the likes of Kelvin Jack.

Feel he is unfairly viewed by a lot of people on the basis that he cost money...

Don't care at all about the fee paid (it was a pretty nominal sum I'm sure). I just don't rate him. Can't think of many games where he has won us the points but can think of plenty where he has lost us them.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

On 08/01/2020 at 19:10, Huggs66 said:

Jim Leighton :, when they changed the pass back rule he became a nervous wreck, I remember the season previous we have won at Partick Thistle quite comfortably in a game where Kevin Bremner score with a bullet header, went to the next game early in the season and Leighton conceded a bizarre own goal after our centre half back headered from about 30yrds, only problem being Leighton was practically standing beside him and we ended up on the wrong end of 4-2 I believe.

Leighton was a strange one - he hardly performed well for us yet went on to finish his career strongly at Hibs and then back at the Dons.

I'm not sure the back-pass rule change explains it completely - I'd say a general lack of confidence after being let go by Man U.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HK Blues said:

Leighton was a strange one - he hardly performed well for us yet went on to finish his career strongly at Hibs and then back at the Dons.

I'm not sure the back-pass rule change explains it completely - I'd say a general lack of confidence after being let go by Man U.

And possibly having lads like Garry Paterson in front of him in defence didn't help either.

• Like 1

On 07/01/2020 at 19:28, Wattie Rojas said:

I feel that a better keeper would help the defence. Forster for example is having to turn and chase through balls which some keepers would come out and gather. 

He hardly ever seems to make good saves either.

Maybe I'm being harsh but to me it looks like he's thinking about something else half the time. 

Personally I'd put Ferrie in. 

Isn't the goalies position between the sticks?

Personally I blame VAR.........................

Adblock Detected