Jump to content
The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Wattie Rojas

Motherwell

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Very tough game against a really big and powerful team.

They have 5 or 6 giants in the side so I wonder if it's a game for playing Hemmings with Mcdaid and Todd supporting from the wings.

Maybe Forster back in for Meekings for his ariel strength.

Midfield of Byrne, Gowser and Dorrans. 

Ferrie, Meekings, Mackie, Ness, Finn, Johnson, Cunningham

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Very tough game against a really big and powerful team.

They have 5 or 6 giants in the side so I wonder if it's a game for playing Hemmings with Mcdaid and Todd supporting from the wings.

Maybe Forster back in for Meekings for his ariel strength.

Midfield of Byrne, Gowser and Dorrans. 

Ferrie, Meekings, Mackie, Ness, Finn, Johnson, Cunningham

 

Like the idea of playing with McDaid and Todd attacking down the wings.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Very tough game against a really big and powerful team.

They have 5 or 6 giants in the side so I wonder if it's a game for playing Hemmings with Mcdaid and Todd supporting from the wings.

Maybe Forster back in for Meekings for his ariel strength.

Midfield of Byrne, Gowser and Dorrans. 

Ferrie, Meekings, Mackie, Ness, Finn, Johnson, Cunningham

 

Certainly 451 for the game.  Thought Gowser was bullied off the ball against ICT so maybe have Finn instead.  Mackie is a big lad but I prefer Todd for this game.  Wonder of Ness is anywhere near fit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, surreydee said:

Certainly 451 for the game.  Thought Gowser was bullied off the ball against ICT so maybe have Finn instead.  Mackie is a big lad but I prefer Todd for this game.  Wonder of Ness is anywhere near fit?

Ness will be miles off it imo. He should be introduced for 20 cameo initially imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BCram said:

Like the idea of playing with McDaid and Todd attacking down the wings.

I thought Todd was decent vs ICT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/01/2020 at 12:14, Wattie Rojas said:

Very tough game against a really big and powerful team.

They have 5 or 6 giants in the side so I wonder if it's a game for playing Hemmings with Mcdaid and Todd supporting from the wings.

Maybe Forster back in for Meekings for his ariel strength.

Midfield of Byrne, Gowser and Dorrans. 

Ferrie, Meekings, Mackie, Ness, Finn, Johnson, Cunningham

 

An early Well goal and I could see a very Very bad evening for us. 
 

If 11 well organised and ... ? In the mood ! Professionals represent Us ... a much closer outcome should happen.

Will be interesting watching it at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once again our Manager bigs up the opposition in the press before a game.

It must be untrammelled joy in our dressing room before a match.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

Once again our Manager bigs up the opposition in the press before a game.

It must be untrammelled joy in our dressing room before a match.

Alternatively, he disses them and gives them an added motivation to prove him wrong.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't springs to mind when it comes to interviews.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He only said the truth and what we all know. They are impressive and as a club a lesson for us. Top league since 1986 with a hard core of 3500-4000.

Whats our excuse?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gents, no pressure on us this weekend, just like the game against Aberdeen, i am hoping that we rise to the challenge like we did then, we only caved when Aberdeen brought on the bruiser who did us "Again"  couple with what appeared to be a couple of strange subs. Motherwell have a few bruisers who will be on from the off therefore there are a number of ours that will need to up the physical game. Definitely a game where Byrne / Gowser have got to start.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if we might go 5-4-1, certainly to start the game and see how it goes. Forster in alongside McGhee and Meekings would give us added height, with Cammy or Mackie on the right of defence and Marshall left. Fin, Byrne, Dorrans and McGowan in a midfield four with McGowan in front of the other three to provide support to Hemmings. It’s a defensive lineup but if we go gung ho them I fear we will get opened up time and again and be on the end of a doing, so I’d keep it tight and then if we’re in the game with 20 or so to go we could then look to be a bit more adventurous and sneak something as we’d have a lot of attacking options on the bench.

Given the opposition, I do believe it’s definitely a game for Byrne and I wouldn’t rule out Ness starting as he had a decent game against Aberdeen and against premiership opponents it’s where I’d expect Ness, Byrne and Dorrans to excel.

Wattie might be right with his shout of Todd and McDaid starting, they started wide against Aberdeen and both played very well supporting Johnson up front (he might start as he might want to prove his old team were wrong to let him go) and Todd (along with Ness) give a wee bit more height to the team also.

Theres definitely different options available and will be interesting to see who is picked and what formation is chosen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bjs said:

I wonder if we might go 5-4-1, certainly to start the game and see how it goes. Forster in alongside McGhee and Meekings would give us added height, with Cammy or Mackie on the right of defence and Marshall left. Fin, Byrne, Dorrans and McGowan in a midfield four with McGowan in front of the other three to provide support to Hemmings. It’s a defensive lineup but if we go gung ho them I fear we will get opened up time and again and be on the end of a doing, so I’d keep it tight and then if we’re in the game with 20 or so to go we could then look to be a bit more adventurous and sneak something as we’d have a lot of attacking options on the bench.

Given the opposition, I do believe it’s definitely a game for Byrne and I wouldn’t rule out Ness starting as he had a decent game against Aberdeen and against premiership opponents it’s where I’d expect Ness, Byrne and Dorrans to excel.

Wattie might be right with his shout of Todd and McDaid starting, they started wide against Aberdeen and both played very well supporting Johnson up front (he might start as he might want to prove his old team were wrong to let him go) and Todd (along with Ness) give a wee bit more height to the team also.

Theres definitely different options available and will be interesting to see who is picked and what formation is chosen.

The Tele has Todd linked with a move away so we might have seen the last of him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

.The Tele has Todd linked with a move away so we might have seen the last of him. 

Did there not used to be a benefit in playing a player who was hoping to change clubs or win a new contract. It gave him the motivation to burst a gut. He does well he gets a new contract and may attract a new club. He doesn't try and drifts around the game he has effectively shot his career. Seems to me Todd would be on my team sheet for the Motherwell game.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have I missed the list of players, result forecast for this game. There's been a very high correlation between the players with the highest number of votes and the team picked by McPake. Wouldn't like to leave him on his own to pick the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.