Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Lest We Forget Lapel Badge

Rebbkintyre

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
20 minutes ago, Rebbkintyre said:

1C7C4F09-3E8D-4A3D-9474-7866ABC2C601.thumb.jpeg.415df6436737346a6842ea07b7deb9b5.jpegI would be grateful for any information on the Players listed on the above Badge. All from the Great War. Hopefully, the names will be legible, but I could reply with the 8 names listed if required. Thanks.

Sorry I can't help you with the players but just want to say that badge is really smart

They are the names of Dundee players who died in World War 1.

In the derby programme from 8 Nov 2019 the following were named:

William Bower, John Barlow, William Cox, David Glen, Alex Halkett, James Hamilton, Frank Lindley, David Martin and Wilfrid Toman.

The programme may still be available from Curtis Sports who produce it for DFC.

Edited by Billy Campbell's Ghost

When buying a poppy to remember the young Dees that died in The Great War I would hope that the money would go towards the relevant charities rather than Ebay user Love_Duck0.

I see that there have been 100 badges sold, that's £300 to Love_Duck0 instead of the intended charities.

I would rather not have the badge than help someone profiteer from our war dead on Ebay, for me it's as bad as stealing from a collection tin.

Just my opinion, other opinions are available and will be respected.

1 hour ago, Harold Finch said:

When buying a poppy to remember the young Dees that died in The Great War I would hope that the money would go towards the relevant charities rather than Ebay user Love_Duck0.

I see that there have been 100 badges sold, that's £300 to Love_Duck0 instead of the intended charities.

I would rather not have the badge than help someone profiteer from our war dead on Ebay, for me it's as bad as stealing from a collection tin.

Who knows where the money goes to be fair? Boy sells badges outside Dens all the time and I am sure one year he had a poppy one that went to the correct cause. Could be him?

14 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Who knows where the money goes to be fair? Boy sells badges outside Dens all the time and I am sure one year he had a poppy one that went to the correct cause. Could be him?

I have no issue with people selling badges for a bit of profit but to make a badge with the names of dead players, attach an image of a poppy and soldiers with their heads bowed then add the words "Lest We Forget" then sell it on Ebay for personal gain is in poor taste at best.

1 hour ago, Harold Finch said:

I respect, but disagree with your stance on this subject. More than 100 years after the sad event, I would have thought that any initiative which keeps their memory alive would be looked upon positively. That’s the reason why I’m trying to obtain more information on those former players. I also contribute to various relevant Charities. However, remembrance and respect requires much more than just putting money in a collection tin.

Adblock Detected