Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Surprise Surprise

mitch

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Director 1: So item number 1 on the agenda today is there are reports of a United fan giving Hemmings racist abuse. What do we do?

Director 2: Give the fan free hospo? At least he's being vocal.

Director 1: No we can't reward someone for scumbag behaviour. We did that with Goodwillie.

Director 3: Just ignore it? Pretend it never happened. 

Director 1: Nah, we did that with the groundsman. We need to do something different. 

Director 4: Can we not just accuse a Dundee player of racism to deflect away from us?

Director 1: I like it but we did that with McAlister already.

Director 5: How about we announce an internal investigation, wait two or three weeks and just say we found nothing. Just long enough for the west-coast press and social media to forget it ever happened.

Director 1: Perfect. Let's do that.

I doubt the police were involved. If they were they'd probably have asked the guy filming what seat he was in.

Iran should have put Dundee United in charge of their plane crash inquiry. "We heard there was a plane crash but after a thorough investigation we can find no trace of a plane".

6 hours ago, Cobra said:

Director 1: So item number 1 on the agenda today is there are reports of a United fan giving Hemmings racist abuse. What do we do?

Director 2: Give the fan free hospo? At least he's being vocal.

Director 1: No we can't reward someone for scumbag behaviour. We did that with Goodwillie.

Director 3: Just ignore it? Pretend it never happened. 

Director 1: Nah, we did that with the groundsman. We need to do something different. 

Director 4: Can we not just accuse a Dundee player of racism to deflect away from us?

Director 1: I like it but we did that with McAlister already.

Director 5: How about we announce an internal investigation, wait two or three weeks and just say we found nothing. Just long enough for the west-coast press and social media to forget it ever happened.

Director 1: Perfect. Let's do that.

It's almost like you were there Cobra. 

Unfortunately, this is probably panning out exactly like most of us thought it would.  Forgetting the conspiracy theories around United for a minute, it was always going to be like a needle in a haystack job, unless he was reported by those around him and that has been discussed a good bit on here.  Like I said before I have heard similar things aimed at a player in the Bobby Cox and I am willing to bet others have heard similar things in other parts of the ground.  Did I report it or do anything about it? No I didn't - as far as I am concerned there is always the concern on where that action would lead. 

My own take on this is that folk who spout this sort of shyte aren't always 'racist'.  They are way too f**cking dense and stupid to be classified as racists.  A racist slur?  Without a doubt and it stinks and is wrong on every level but with many things in life you cannot allow for peoples stupidity.  Is stupidity and lack of grey matter an excuse for this?  Of course not but it is maybe a big part of the reason for it.  Education is the major solution to this and having statements over the tannoy before every game, warning of the consequences of these actions would be a start.  Racism and sectarianism should be a concern at every game at Dens, not just once or twice a season.

Adblock Detected