Jump to content

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Negativity


Davedee77

Recommended Posts

Are we going to continue to be like this all season? It’s like some fans can’t wait until something goes wrong so they can start criticising the players and manager.

 

some players look so low on Confidence and we can’t be helping. Fair enough The players should be doing better but there seems to be such a horrible atmosphere around the stadium on game day. 
 

players like Bryne and dorrans who seem to be getting a lot of stick are obviously good players but it’s not working for them at the moment. Instead of encouraging players we just get on their backs. Cammy gets a lot stick for no reason  at all. 
 

I would say maybe Mcghee and Marshall who’s been our best player are only 2 who have been consistently good enough. Rest of players have had some good moments but not enough. 
 

the atmosphere around the place has been terrible for years and it needs to change for us to progress I feel.

 

its to early to start writing players off , I hope things turn around 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
16 hours ago, Davedee77 said:

Fair enough The players should be doing better but there seems to be such a horrible atmosphere around the stadium on game day. 

the atmosphere around the place has been terrible for years and it needs to change for us to progress I feel.

 

 

One improves, the other does too.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Davedee77 said:

Are we going to continue to be like this all season? It’s like some fans can’t wait until something goes wrong so they can start criticising the players and manager.

 

some players look so low on Confidence and we can’t be helping. Fair enough The players should be doing better but there seems to be such a horrible atmosphere around the stadium on game day. 
 

players like Bryne and dorrans who seem to be getting a lot of stick are obviously good players but it’s not working for them at the moment. Instead of encouraging players we just get on their backs. Cammy gets a lot stick for no reason  at all. 
 

I would say maybe Mcghee and Marshall who’s been our best player are only 2 who have been consistently good enough. Rest of players have had some good moments but not enough. 
 

the atmosphere around the place has been terrible for years and it needs to change for us to progress I feel.

 

its to early to start writing players off , I hope things turn around 

The problem is we don’t have to wait for things to go wrong, things have been badly wrong for sometime now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There was a post on dundee mad where shaded put forward an idea to sell out the derry and get it noisy again,but I don't think anyone from dens even replied to his suggestion. This is a major problem, the board are not interested in listening to the fans and just take for granted that we will turn up every week.Something has to change. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think there were some positives from Saturday. 2nd half we outplayed Motherwell even if they were probably coasting a bit. 

Callachan showed that he could give the midfield some much needed energy, mobility and commitment.

There were some decent displays by Kerr McGhee marshall Mcdaid and hemmings.

We have the basis of a decent side however there are some players who haven't been good enough. Replace them in the side and we can start to look up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ferry pub crawl said:

There was a post on dundee mad where shaded put forward an idea to sell out the derry and get it noisy again,but I don't think anyone from dens even replied to his suggestion. This is a major problem, the board are not interested in listening to the fans and just take for granted that we will turn up every week.Something has to change. 

Absolutely this. why don't all the PATG supporters just decide to go to the Derry for a specific home game? It would be nice if there was some incentive from the club, but it kind of undermines all the ST pricing if it involves a simple price reduction. May be there's a way for like minded Bobby Cox ST holders and Mainer ST holders to ask to transfer to the Derry for a specific game? It needs a group of positive, like minded fans to work together. Was at the Arbroath game behind the goal and it was freezing and yet the atmosphere was light years ahead of any of the stands at Dens.

There's something about a group traveling to the game together, Shuntz made the point about a few beers helping to lift the mood. As an example, you could see that the Motherwell fans had had an early start to their game preparations and they were in full voice when they came off their buses.

Maybe one of our local pubs would try to work with this idea? It's not my normal way of going to Dens but I'd give it a try if there was some enthusiasm for it. DSA, Dee Club, Dee4Life Trust might all be able to speak to their members and promote the idea.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Alexis said:

You need to have strong character to turn things round in a relegated team and fanbase. John Brown was one and actually set us up to go straight back up. Might have actually done it himself, but Hartley becoming available probably forced our decision. 

It's not just a case of the fans turning up and waving flags to make things right. You need to have the right people in place that can change the mindset of a team that has a disastrous home record and a fanbase that has clearly seen enough judging by Friday night. 

Nelms and McPake don't appear to have the necessary aggression or mentality to make things happen. I've no idea what Nicholl and Strachan are doing but it's not enough. 

The manager and Nelms need to be seen to be setting proper standards. They need to show that they won't accept the current situation and are doing everything possible to change it. At present it just seems like Nelms is shrugging his shoulders and expecting an u18s coach to somehow turn things round just because he has a decent budget. Just like he did with McCann and McIntyre. No leadership. No standards. 

Show some f**cking genuine passion, aggression and demand better from everyone at all times. Every defeat is an insult. Every victory deserved. The fans will buy into that That's the only way out of it. Give us something to actually get behind and believe in. 

 

Best post I've read on here in a long time 👏

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BCram said:

Absolutely this. why don't all the PATG supporters just decide to go to the Derry for a specific home game? It would be nice if there was some incentive from the club, but it kind of undermines all the ST pricing if it involves a simple price reduction. May be there's a way for like minded Bobby Cox ST holders and Mainer ST holders to ask to transfer to the Derry for a specific game? It needs a group of positive, like minded fans to work together. Was at the Arbroath game behind the goal and it was freezing and yet the atmosphere was light years ahead of any of the stands at Dens.

Not sat in the Derry for a few years now but would definitely be up for this as a one off.

If anything, it would give the long suffering support a much needed lift and a sing song.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wattie Rojas said:

I think there were some positives from Saturday. 2nd half we outplayed Motherwell even if they were probably coasting a bit. 

Callachan showed that he could give the midfield some much needed energy, mobility and commitment.

There were some decent displays by Kerr McGhee marshall Mcdaid and hemmings.

We have the basis of a decent side however there are some players who haven't been good enough. Replace them in the side and we can start to look up.

I don’t know how you can comment on what Callaghan will bring to the team based on that 45 minutes, hopefully he will be an asset.

Motherwell showed up McPakes lone striker tactic with Hemmings so isolated the visitors defence and midfield had acres of space and time to build attacks.

Knowing our James it will probably be same again against Dunfermline.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

I don’t know how you can comment on what Callaghan will bring to the team based on that 45 minutes, hopefully he will be an asset.

Motherwell showed up McPakes lone striker tactic with Hemmings so isolated the visitors defence and midfield had acres of space and time to build attacks.

Knowing our James it will probably be same again against Dunfermline.

Biggest difference was that he could clearly run and get about the park, unlike Ness, Byrne and Gowser who are painfully slow. 

Tbh I would have kept Mulligan for RM for his pace. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
×
×
  • Create New...