The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved

Rate this topic

12 minutes ago, thepole said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but he was meant to be away to the juniors on loan but it fell through, Mcpake then starts him, plays him out of position then subbies him at half time. He is 17 and shouldn't be blamed getting blame here

This is correct. Cameron was training with a junior club in Glasgow then got told he was playing vs Ayr. Nobody, even Cameron, could understand it. McPake is so desperate to demonstrate that he plays youths that he threw Cameron to the wolves. 

It is an absolute disgrace what happened with that young lad tonight and McPake should face the consequences. The sack. 

• Star Post 1

5 minutes ago, Alexis said:

This is correct. Cameron was training with a junior club in Glasgow then got told he was playing vs Ayr. Nobody, even Cameron, could understand it. McPake is so desperate to demonstrate that he plays youths that he threw Cameron to the wolves. 

It is an absolute disgrace what happened with that young lad tonight and McPake should face the consequences. The sack. 

Mental. Absolutely mental 

1 hour ago, WeighorstsWang said:

He deserves the ridiculing. 

The hounding him is purely a reaction to folk trying to abdicate him of any blame. McPake isn't to blame for his terrible touch and control at numerous points in the game. 

As I said, if he isn't ready then perhaps he should be chapping on doors and looking for a loan move whilst the window is open. 

Extremely harsh.  McPake threw him under the bus tonight by playing him. Nowhere near ready for 1st team football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Why not? He's paid to be a professional footballer. 

I'm sick to the back teeth of "if he's good enough he's old enough" when it works for him but "ah, he's only 17, let's not have a go at him". 

If he isn't good enough to make an impact in first team affairs, get him out the door either on loan or for good. Simple as that. 

He was but the loan deal was pulled. He was all set to drop to the juniors to get games and toughen up but Mcpake decides to start him in a televised Championship game. He clearly isn't ready so that lies with the manager 

Just now, thepole said:

Mental. Absolutely mental 

The Pole, from your posts, you are a genuine Dee. A Derry Boy. Trust me, I have sat with experienced football people who cannot believe McPake is in this position. 

He wasn't even good with the u18s, his decisions there were even challenged and he couldn't explain what he was doing. He changed shape 5 (five) times during one game. 

He is not qualified to even take the u20s, he is a complete fraud. Unless the fans force John Nelms, another fraud, to sack this guy McPake we will be relegated. 

• Like 1
  • Star Post 2

3 minutes ago, Alexis said:

The Pole, from your posts, you are a genuine Dee. A Derry Boy. Trust me, I have sat with experienced football people who cannot believe McPake is in this position. 

He wasn't even good with the u18s, his decisions there were even challenged and he couldn't explain what he was doing. He changed shape 5 (five) times during one game. 

He is not qualified to even take the u20s, he is a complete fraud. Unless the fans force John Nelms, another fraud, to sack this guy McPake we will be relegated. 

It's becoming pretty evident, Alexis

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

His biggest mistake was 30 minutes in. If there are still nerves by that point, then I fear you're right and he is nowhere near ready for first team football. At any level. 

I'm not wanting him punted, I'm merely turning folks excuses back around on them.

Yes, it was wrong to select him with hindsight - hindsight of his own performance. Yes he's young - but so are other who have excelled. 

He got a chance to show what he can do and he failed to grasp that. The majority of that is at his own two feet. 

Same as Kerr. Same as Marshall. McDaid, Callachan etc etc etc. They're the ones who are being paid to go out and do the basics right and take it from there. They all failed. They all deserve ridicule, no matter your age or standing in the squad. 

I really don't think you have any knowledge of the u18s. Cameron has been ok, but far from first team level. Added to that, he was played out of position. 

Nobody could understand the decision to play him in that role vs Ayr, as he was before the game was called off. Then, to try him there again, away from home in a big game....... Absolute insanity. 

Only one person is fault, James McPake. And he is figure of ridicule amongst real coaches. I have seen this myself. 

1 minute ago, Alexis said:

I really don't think you have any knowledge of the u18s. 

You're right, I don't. 

Hopefully the kid goes out on loan and finds his feet in the game and when he comes back kicks on and makes an impact at first team level. 

• Like 3

Just now, WeighorstsWang said:

You're right, I don't. 

Hopefully the kid goes out on loan and finds his feet in the game and when he comes back kicks on and makes an impact at first team level. 

Well, that's not the point. He should never have been near the first 11 tonight or last week. James McPake has hung him out to dry for his own statistics of playing youth. 

I can assure you, that is the truth. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alexis said:

I really don't think you have any knowledge of the u18s. Cameron has been ok, but far from first team level. Added to that, he was played out of position. 

Nobody could understand the decision to play him in that role vs Ayr, as he was before the game was called off. Then, to try him there again, away from home in a big game....... Absolute insanity. 

Only one person is fault, James McPake. And he is figure of ridicule amongst real coaches. I have seen this myself. 

How is he a figure of ridicule among real coaches? Who are these real coaches? I believe you have seen them or heard them ridiculing MacPake?

You bring in the untried 17 year olds when you are playing well and the team is full of confidence,  not when we are on a poor run and desperate for a win. Poor decision but not one that should have resulted in tonight's performance. Plenty senior players in there that should have made sure we were competitive in the game, but somehow we were nowhere near it.

• Like 2

Just now, Iain T Campbell said:

How is he a figure of ridicule among real coaches? Who are these real coaches? I believe you have seen them or heard them ridiculing MacPake?

Yes, I have. None of the people I was involved with can believe he is in this position. 

You can challenge me all you want, if you look at the information I have provided, it's all correct. 

I am a Dundee fan of many years, but have also  beeninvolved with a lot of clubs. I am telling you that John Nelms and James McPake will relegate us again. They are joke figures in the game. 

31 minutes ago, Alexis said:

For the umpteenth time this season, not one person could have picked the team JMP picked. It is a total tombola. If Cameron had come on a few times for 15 minutes and done well, then he could have been due a start, but tonight, definitely not. We sat there tonight saying, why are we here? We will not be at Morton. 

• Like 2

Cameron should never have started in a game away from home-down to McPake.

But what about lack of effort from most of those on the park tonight.

Hemmings usually gives his all-not tonight/their centre half’s will never have an easier game.

McGowam must have lost 10 tackles in the first half .

Hamilton-can he come for a cross?

Meekings and McGhee piss poor.

I could go on but until the new guy came on we could have passed backward for 90 mins.

• Star Post 1

5 minutes ago, Blue4evr said:

For the umpteenth time this season, not one person could have picked the team JMP picked. It is a total tombola. If Cameron had come on a few times for 15 minutes and done well, then he could have been due a start, but tonight, definitely not. We sat there tonight saying, why are we here? We will not be at Morton. 

I commend you wholeheartedly for going through tonight. A true fan. Unfortunately, you are being conned by John Nelms. The man is incapable of running a football club. Unless we get someone on the Board of Directors who can make proper decisions then we will drop another league. 

For your information, and all Dundee fans, Nelms has been shifted here from the Keyes Capital core business. He's a liability. He's a very nice man, with absolutely no idea what he's doing. 

54 minutes ago, Alexis said:

Yes, I have. None of the people I was involved with can believe he is in this position. 

You can challenge me all you want, if you look at the information I have provided, it's all correct. 

I am a Dundee fan of many years, but have also  beeninvolved with a lot of clubs. I am telling you that John Nelms and James McPake will relegate us again. 

No they won't. This is fact. Challenge me if you like. 

52 minutes ago, Bobby123 said:

Cameron should never have started in a game away from home-down to McPake.

But what about lack of effort from most of those on the park tonight.

Hemmings usually gives his all-not tonight/their centre half’s will never have an easier game.

McGowam must have lost 10 tackles in the first half .

Hamilton-can he come for a cross?

Meekings and McGhee piss poor.

I could go on but until the new guy came on we could have passed backward for 90 mins.

There was one particular moment when Marshal (I think) was running to keep the ball in. The only area he was going to be able play the ball was down the line. He did this but Hemmings was just standing in the middle on his heels. Their CB who was marking Hemmings just strolled across to clear.

Hemmings must hate playing in this team.though. His back is constantly toward goal. That’s neither his or Johnson’s game. 

It genuinely feels like McPake has signed players for this club without any idea how they fit into a system which is just as well because we seem to turn up every week devoid of any such system to help us win.

This is worse that Kearno. A lot worse.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thepole said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but he was meant to be away to the juniors on loan but it fell through, Mcpake then starts him, plays him out of position then subbies him at half time. He is 17 and shouldn't be blamed getting blame here

Never knew that disgraceful, McPake should go for that alone proves he doesn’t have a clue 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dens Bound Rhino said:

You bring in the untried 17 year olds when you are playing well and the team is full of confidence,  not when we are on a poor run and desperate for a win. Poor decision but not one that should have resulted in tonight's performance. Plenty senior players in there that should have made sure we were competitive in the game, but somehow we were nowhere near it.

Agree or bring him on when we are about 3 nil up last 20 mins, problem is we are never 3 goals in front now

9 hours ago, Alexis said:

The physical attributes of our youngsters is a concern, they all look small and lightweight.