Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Time for McPake To Go?

nemsadzDEE

Is it time for Mcpake to go?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for Mcpake to go?

Right lads, calm heads. I was at the game tonight. It was awful. But you cannot keep sacking managers. Believe it or not, some Liverpool fans wanted rid of Klopp after his first season, took him 4 years to build what we are seeing now. I’m not comparing the two in a million years, but there’s nobody out there of a phenomenal calibre going to come to Dundee. The boy is learning on the job, it’s not his fault if he maybe got it too early. But you can tell he is putting his heart and soul into it. We’re still in the playoff places, there’s still time in the transfer window. The Dabs wanted rid of Neilson last season remember. I think he deserves the rest of the season and look again in the summer. I don’t know who is going to come in at this point and revolutionise the club. He’s not daft, I’m sure he could see what we all saw tonight, I’m sure that young boy on the wing will start next game and hopefully McGowan drops out for Finn.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
4 hours ago, Deewee said:

Right lads, calm heads. I was at the game tonight. It was awful. But you cannot keep sacking managers. Believe it or not, some Liverpool fans wanted rid of Klopp after his first season, took him 4 years to build what we are seeing now. I’m not comparing the two in a million years, but there’s nobody out there of a phenomenal calibre going to come to Dundee. The boy is learning on the job, it’s not his fault if he maybe got it too early. But you can tell he is putting his heart and soul into it. We’re still in the playoff places, there’s still time in the transfer window. The Dabs wanted rid of Neilson last season remember. I think he deserves the rest of the season and look again in the summer. I don’t know who is going to come in at this point and revolutionise the club. He’s not daft, I’m sure he could see what we all saw tonight, I’m sure that young boy on the wing will start next game and hopefully McGowan drops out for Finn.

1. He isn’t learning he is getting worse painfully worse.

2. I would literally take anyone to get rid of him.

3. “He is putting his heart and soul into it” Really? Looks lost, defeated, out his depth.

He is very unpopular amongst certain members of his OWN coaching staff, unpopular with a lot of the players, barely seeks advice, it’s his way and nothing else.

Does anyone that witnessed that last night think these players are playing for there manager, not wanting to single any players out but Hemmings barely got above a jog, throwing a 17 year old in at a difficult venue with the form we were in reeks of bad management.

I get your point about continually sacking managers, but this guy isn’t even close to being a manager, as I said in a previous posts I’m starting to dislike him now, forget the fact we are 4th, we aren’t in a million years going up with this man at the helm, we need a manager in that has at least proven he can be a manager at some point in his career, the club is sinking fast with mcpake/Nelms in charge, if the owner won’t sack the two of them, then Nelms has to sack Mcpake....

Fans are bored of this now, we are nearing the point when the vast majority of us will stop caring for good, and when that happens it’s a massive struggle to get them back onside.

Its really not a difficult decision.

Edited by Mr Sensible
  • Like 4
  • Star Post 1

It's like stapling jelly to a roof....it just doesn't work!!

What I would like to know is why do we continue to play this possession based/ slow build up/ no energy type of tactics?

It's boring as f**k and is getting us nowhere.

We have been like this for the past 3 years. Wtf is going on? Why can't we play more direct instead of this style of play where the players don't know what they're doing most of the time? 

It is sucking the life out of this club.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Deewee said:

You can keep mcpake in the job with his heart and soul,you’ll be the only one watching.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DFC#1 said:

I’m more worried about Mcpake dragging us into relegation play-offs than I am about missing out on promotion play-offs & for that reason he has to go

The form table for the past 10 games shows Dundee bottom of the league. Unfortunately this now looks like a team that’s spiralling and things could get much worse. If I could go to sleep now and wake up in June with 8th place and a new approach in place for next season, I’d take that.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Dens Bound Rhino said:

I totally agree with your sentiments but I'm struggling to see how progress can be made at the moment. I cant think of a great replacement off the top of my head but possibly putting nicholl in charge until that replacement comes forward. We have a really good squad but it isn't working at the moment and I cant see how it will change anytime soon. 

I agree with you, and Nicholl could be an option. Some want Dick Campbell in, but the only big club he managed at, Dunfermline, he did not cover himself with glory. He seems to do well at the likes of Forfar and Arbroath though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Iain T Campbell said:

I agree with you, and Nicholl could be an option. Some want Dick Campbell in, but the only big club he managed at, Dunfermline, he did not cover himself with glory. He seems to do well at the likes of Forfar and Arbroath though.

For the money we may have , Danny Lennon for me, honestly don't think he would be any worse than the previous THREE, he would at least get us better organized, fitter and would get respect from the Players, but more importantly keep us up.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected