Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Time for McPake To Go?

nemsadzDEE

Is it time for Mcpake to go?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for Mcpake to go?

45 minutes ago, surreydee said:

JMcP is not going anywhere short term.  February is an important month though with an easier list of fixtures that will determine whether we are fighting relegation or still in with a playoff position ..... alongside a court case of course.

Last night he started with the wrong 11, made probably the right substitutions but was really let down by some of the performances especially as he said the more senior experienced players.

He has to think about dropping Kerr, McDaid and Hemming from the 11 that finished the game although his options are limited as the bench is thin.  Kerr was off the pace let the boy walk past him for the cross that led to the 1st goal.  McDaid honking and Hemmings not doing enough

Thought Gowser looked finished and Finn should be brought back.

What a disaster........

We don’t have easy fixtures.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
11 hours ago, Deewee said:

Right lads, calm heads. I was at the game tonight. It was awful. But you cannot keep sacking managers. Believe it or not, some Liverpool fans wanted rid of Klopp after his first season, took him 4 years to build what we are seeing now. I’m not comparing the two in a million years, but there’s nobody out there of a phenomenal calibre going to come to Dundee. The boy is learning on the job, it’s not his fault if he maybe got it too early. But you can tell he is putting his heart and soul into it. We’re still in the playoff places, there’s still time in the transfer window. The Dabs wanted rid of Neilson last season remember. I think he deserves the rest of the season and look again in the summer. I don’t know who is going to come in at this point and revolutionise the club. He’s not daft, I’m sure he could see what we all saw tonight, I’m sure that young boy on the wing will start next game and hopefully McGowan drops out for Finn.

You’ve given me something to think of...

35 minutes ago, Dens Bound Rhino said:

Hence why I think McLeish might be a good shout. He would command the respect of the likes of Dorrans, hemmings etc and would still allow mcpake to be around the club, if he wanted to be and willing to take a drop in wages I would imagine. Can't see him walking into another managers job anytime soon tbh

Rhino it’s a non starter - I don’t believe Alex is well

“Forget the fact we’re 4th” - is being as high in the table as possible not the point of football or have I been understanding it wrong all these years? The fact we’re in 4th despite playing poorly points to the fact that if we can show some improvement in the second half of the season then we’ll finish higher and have a go in the playoffs.

58 minutes ago, nemsadzDEE said:

Agree mate, he says that the players aren't carrying out his instructions on the pitch. What difference does he think signing other players will do? Clearly he is the problem. 

A good manager would have this squad challenging for 2nd and going into the playoffs with confidence. McGhee, Dorrans, Hemmings, Johnson and McDaid  are among the best players in the league but are ineffective due to our current setup/tactics. 

I'd love to see how someone like Tommy Wright would do with this squad as he has had squads with far less quality so well in the premier league. 

Fantasyland mate, why would Tommy Wright leave a top flight club to come to us?

4 minutes ago, rossbatchelor9 said:

We have money and allow the manager to sign who they want, and the Fermers don't.

Aye but think a) how hard it is to get out this division and b) how quickly we turn on managers. He’s got a fan base there that love him, his job is safe as houses. He’s never leaving it to come to this mad house where fans boo the players.

4 minutes ago, Deewee said:

Aye but think a) how hard it is to get out this division and b) how quickly we turn on managers. He’s got a fan base there that love him, his job is safe as houses. He’s never leaving it to come to this mad house where fans boo the players.

He's hating life as their manager right now, and the fans that barely show up in the first place are getting just as angry as we are. They're going down this year and he knows it. Things will level out between the two clubs soon, and only one will have adequate money to fund the manager.

I'm of course simply spitballing here, but I wouldn't suggest it if I didn't think it felt possible.

22 minutes ago, Deewee said:

They don’t love him, they are quite split on him, he will probably get a bigger wage from us, a bigger budget, and a big challenge, plus he will have free reign on the football side, something he doesn’t get in Perth....

Do other fans not give there players stick? Or is it just us 

Edited by Mr Sensible

Adblock Detected