The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Spiritof62

Stringing Us Along.

Rate this topic

Nelms has survived for the last four years on the basis that at some point we will have a shiny new stadium at Cairdy and eventually the football side will come good with a bit of patience on our part.

Well John I’m sorry but your in charge of the football club and you have shown repeatedly that the jobs too big for you.

For years you have been charging top dollar from us to watch total rubbish, mainly because you have appointed one idiot manager after another.

Please move aside and give somebody who knows what they are doing the responsibility for running the club, perhaps he could start by replacing poor James McPake before he has a nervous breakdown, most of our fans, are at the end of our tether as well.

• Like 7

I just cant believe the guy is still in a job here, the amount of keyes cash he has spouted and got absolutly nothing out of it. Nou campy is a pipedream, a cover up for the shambles the club is. This isnt going to end well if he continues in his role. 

• Like 1
  • Star Post 2

Continue with this "Smokescreen" of this new stadium and we will Sleepwalk into the 3rd tier of Scottish Football- Unimaginable  in the aftermath of the Doon Derby back in 2016

• Star Post 2

13 minutes ago, Donny O said:

Continue with this "Smokescreen" of this new stadium and we will Sleepwalk into the 3rd tier of Scottish Football- Unimaginable  in the aftermath of the Doon Derby back in 2016

Can you please elaborate on why you think the new stadium is a "smokescreen".

He has completely blown it since the 15/16 season. can’t see him holding his hand up though. But nobody apparently argues with him. Don’t know why we have s board. He seems to be the idi Amin of club CEOs or whatever his title is.

6 minutes ago, GreenCheese said:

Can you please elaborate on why you think the new stadium is a "smokescreen".

Aye certainly....Was is  not supposed to completed by now with all that money thats apparently "floating around" and that DCC were "Well on board" with their proposals!!!??......I dont think so!

No idea how they will make their money from that plot of land in the North West of town but I doubt it will be through a football stadium but I ill hold my hands up if they do!!!

All this talk of Yank money was piss.

Thanks for the reply Donny O.

I just dont see any other way the Americans will get their money back.

We can criticise them (particularly Nelms) for some things, but they are in this to make money and to say the new stadium is a "smokescreen" just doesnt cut it for me.

imagine the scenario that the new stadium gets built along with the ice rink, cremmie, hotel, houses etc.etc. Yet the shiny new stadium lies empty and hollow cos the football club in it are sh**e and only a thousand or so diehards  bother to turn up once a fortnight.

IMO 3 quarters of the site dies along with the football side.  Apart from rent from houses and cremmie revenue the rest will not survive.

I hope Keyes is savvy enough to realise this and replaces Nelms with a proper football person because without a competetive, reasonably well supported foootball club at the heart then they are chucking their Dollars down a drain.