The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
barkblue

Watchability?

Rate this topic

The amount of Dees behind the goal tells you how watchable this team is.

300 to 400 at a guess?

Obviously TV and kick off time have a big influence but the decision is made for most whether to go or not with how bad things have been this season.

Things have to change.

The club is beginning to die on its a**e and I didn't even post anything remotely close to that after two admins.

Sleepwalking in to oblivion.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

The amount of Dees behind the goal tells you how watchable this team is.

300 to 400 at a guess?

Obviously TV and kick off time have a big influence but the decision is made for most whether to go or not with how bad things have been this season.

Things have to change.

The club is beginning to die on its a**e and I didn't even post anything remotely close to that after two admins.

Sleepwalking in to oblivion.

Yeah, finished work at 5 and never even considered changing my mind and heading through even though it's pay day. 

As I said above, I barely made it to full time watching it on the telly. Awful stuff.

I agree completely, I'm off similar mind, passive and no one willing to take on there opposing player, Crankshaw showed them how to do it, is it the players, is it the manager, I'm sure it's a mixture of both. 

• Like 1

I’m getting to the stage after 40 odd years that I’m no interested in watching this gash really losing heart mcpake must go ☹️☹️☹️

A team full of fear and inability is never a good mix. 

Times run out, James. Off you pop. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, barkblue said:

I didn't go tonight. Not because I don't still love my club but because it's hard enough to drag my a** to watch the team even when I've paid for a ST, never mind lining other club's pocket on a Friday evening.

Hence I watched the game on TV. Well, I say watched but in all honesty I lost interest at around the 50 minute mark and ended up having the game on in the background as I booked an appointment through online chat to get my boiler serviced (no, that's not my other half!) and replied to a few emails. The game was so bad and we were so devoid of any ability to bring excitement into it that had it been anyone other than Dundee playing I'd have simply turned the game off.

It really struck me at half time, being slightly more removed from the game than normal, just how poor we are to watch. Unable to break teams down, playing with zero intent, constantly recycling the ball across the back line with no way to get it forward and making enough mistakes because of it to give teams at least three or four chances a game that they don't have to work for. Yes there were a few moments second half where we injected some pace (Crankshaw looks OK and the introduction of Johnson added a little impetus) but we play at walking pace, always look for the easy/safe ball and are frightened to take a chance on, or off the ball. Yet again we had a youngster let down by seasoned pro's roundabout him not giving the lad a hand, talking to him, or trying to make themselves available for the ball.

I've watched some poor Dundee sides before but never (maybe with the exception of McCann's team) one quite so passive, quite so happy to do nothing and never quite as tedious to watch as this one. Kernaghan's side at least had Kev McDonald to brighten things up, Rae's team created chances and Duffy would throw caution to the wind with goals aplenty at both ends. McPake's team gets to the end of a game without laying a glove on the opposition and whether that makes us good, bad or indifferent, or whether that'll have us in the play off for promotion, mid table obscurity or squeaking bums at the foot of the league, the bottom line is that it is BORING.

As the joke used to go, right now it's more entertaining to watch Dundee on teletext. 

The style of play is what's killing us fans and I reckon it's killing the players as well.  The style is not working and hasn't worked since the start of the season.  I have it on good authority that this is entirely down to the manager and his unwillingness to change it.  I have been told that Jimmy Nicol and the coaching staff have been pushing for months for us to change to a two up, more direct style but its falling on deaf ears.  This is only going to end one way imo.

• Like 5

Dull, boring repetitive, mind numbing, tedious, unimaginative, dreary, uninspired, plodding s***e at a cost of only £26/£28 a throw - we were lucky to get 1000 fans, times up.🤮

• Like 2

Just now, Attilio said:

The style of play is what's killing us fans and I reckon it's killing the players as well.  The style is not working and hasn't worked since the start of the season.  I have it on good authority that this is entirely down to the manager and his unwillingness to change it.  I have been told that Jimmy Nicol and the coaching staff have been pushing for months for us to change to a two up, more direct style but its falling on deaf ears.  This is only going to end one way imo.

Needs to happen asap 

3 minutes ago, Attilio said:

If that’s true then things really are bad.He’s been in the job for 5 mins and obviously thinks he knows best. Things are becoming frightening if left as they are.Time for Nichol and Co  to man hand to speak to Nelms before it’s too late.

Something needs to change as this fitba is the worst I’ve ever seen from dundee 

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

8 minutes ago, Attilio said:

Cheers for the insight mate, it certainly makes sense as Nicholl must be as embarrassed as us watching that.

2 minutes ago, nemsadzDEE said:

Cheers for the insight mate, it certainly makes sense as Nicholl must be as embarrassed as us watching that.

Nicholl caretaker for the next few weeks? 

Crankshaw only positive for me tonight. A player who looks interested in beating men and getting balls in instead of being a sideways passing robot. At least looks like he might provide some badly needed entertainment until end of season.

Apart from him we were f**king awfull

• Like 5
  • Star Post 2

7 minutes ago, Dens Bound Rhino said:

Nicholl caretaker for the next few weeks? 

Bring it on would then see where the failure lies.