The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
barkblue

Watchability?

Rate this topic

43 minutes ago, Dens Bound Rhino said:

For the entire time John Nelms has been in charge he has looked after his manager as well, if not better, than most other clubs look after their managers. I have often thought that it would be a very attractive job for a good manager as they get a decent budget and no real pressure from above. Surely a decent manager looks at that

If he picked a decent manager, then that approach would be perfectly acceptable. But his choices have had him crucified. McCann and McPake are two of the worst managers I have seen in my time as a blue nose. The McIntyre one was just a complete mess with the Dodds saga.

1 minute ago, Parcbara said:

The McIntyre one was just a complete mess with the Dodds saga.

Should never have been anywhere near the club.

2 hours ago, Parcbara said:

Iain, I think the additional worry is with regard to John Nelms choosing a replacement. Before that though, will he do anything at all?

Possibly he won't. We have spent quite a bit on beefing up our backroom staff this season and to pay-off MacPake will cost us more. Probably the management team were put in place with the whole season in view, but as we can see it is not working. The frustrating side of it is we have brought in good players and should be doing better. Is MacPake listening to Nicholl's advice, I do not know?

As a season ticket holder I haven't been as disinterested in watching the team since the days of Allan Kernaghan  . 

I didn't go through and missed the first 20minutes as I was out but to honest I was in no rush to get home to switch it on and when I did I was drifting in and out of the living room not really giving it my full attention . 

What I do know is he needs a keeper ( yes I know Hamilton had a good enough game at Dunfermline ) and a proper centre half and without that we are going nowhere fast !