The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
CW 90+3 02/05/16

Only 6 Points Off 2nd

Rate this topic

We are, but on current form I’m more worried about only being 5 points above the play off place at the wrong end. The league is tightening up below us, nothing in it.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

If only the club would grow a set and hire a proper manager.

Still well within reach.

These teams look like they are falling over each other to give us 2nd and we are in no position to take advantage imo.  In fact, on the other hand. we seem to be saying 'No thanks'.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Still well within reach.

Aye CW only 6 points of 2nd place

And only 7 points of the Bottom :tears:

Just want to make it clear as President of Happy Clappy Club, that was one of the voice in me head that said that ... And no me :wacko:

• Funny 1

It's absolutely criminal and just goes to show how truly terrible the standard here is. 

• Like 1

Second is what we need so Ayr's win therefore good for us. If we don't get second then our playoff chances go from slim to almost nil imo but I suppose some small hope would still be there. As far as I am concerned the third or fourth place scenario is virtually meaningless. The third place could end up 15 point clear of fourth and only advantage gained is the home leg second in the play off. If the DABs hadn't got their equaliser Morton could have easily overtaken us next week (still can with a decent sized win). Defeat next week and we will most definitely be looking over our shoulder.

• Star Post 1

I know there's no magic wand with a new manager, but if we hire an experienced manager, surely they can get these players to properly challenge for and finish second?

McPake is getting worse. We've scored 0 goals this year and have won 2 out the last 10 games. It's nowhere near good enough.

Club can decide which end it would like to challenge for with a proper decision to lift the place and players who are not enjoying themselves under this manager.

Act now before it's too late.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

I know there's no magic wand with a new manager, but if we hire an experienced manager, surely they can get these players to properly challenge for and finish second?

McPake is getting worse. We've scored 0 goals this year and have won 2 out the last 10 games. It's nowhere near good enough.

Club can decide which end it would like to challenge for with a proper decision to lift the place and players who are not enjoying themselves under this manager.

Can't argue with with what's staring us in the face.

21 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Still well within reach.

It's well within reach but the club have to act now. A good manager can easily organise this squad into a team capable of finishing 2nd and going into the play offs with confidence.

McPake is more than capable of taking us to  League one if we continue as we are. 

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

We'd probably be better with no manager than with McPake. Let the players decide who plays. the formations, tactics, substitutions etc.

Let's face it, it wouldn't be any worse and is the ultimate in cheap options.

Win / win.

• Funny 1

3 minutes ago, nemsadzDEE said:
27 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

It's well within reach but the club have to act now. A good manager can easily organise this squad into a team capable of finishing 2nd and going into the play offs with confidence

I see both angles on these pages - crap players and/or crap manager. What’s the consensus on the players? Im with nemzadzee that I genuinely think there is enough there that 2nd is realistic with some good coaching and organisation. 
Scottish football isn’t about technical brilliance it’s about a game plan and well coached players and getting stuck in. 

• Like 3

Just now, 8utters said:

Win / win.

What's that you speak of?.

Does not compute 😁

• Funny 3

And CW scores for Arbroath on his debut!

4 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Like yourself CW, I'd go along with an Experienced Manager ....

If none is available at this time, I'd be checking out past list of previous short-listed applicants, &/or advertising immediately.

Not wishing to put you on the spot, but do you (or anyone else on the forum) have any names to throw into the pot again?:chaplin:

14 minutes ago, troodee1893 said:

Second is what we need so Ayr's win therefore good for us. If we don't get second then our playoff chances go from slim to almost nil imo but I suppose some small hope would still be there. As far as I am concerned the third or fourth place scenario is virtually meaningless. The third place could end up 15 point clear of fourth and only advantage gained is the home leg second in the play off. If the DABs hadn't got their equaliser Morton could have easily overtaken us next week (still can with a decent sized win). Defeat next week and we will most definitely be looking over our shoulder.

And we’re only 7 points clear of the bottom club while playing like we are the bottom club.