The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved

Rate this topic

Reading this post took me back. I have my late fathers scarf he wore to Dens when we won the League. He passed in 1965 and I have kept this for all these years. It is a dress scarf. Have attached a pic.

20200125_175457.jpg

• Like 4
  • Star Post 2

That looks a beauty. If you get a minute want to get a full length photo? 

3 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Too big only allowed 2mb but I will try.

Edited by Densparker
  • Like 1

Why don’t they make things like this anymore?something that can be passed down,nothing they make nowadays comes close to this. 

• Like 2

Got to be honest @Densparker, I actually think yours is smarter, but here's my old man's scarf from the 60s. It folds out to be double sized, but the back/middle is a negative of the side that's showing, if that makes sense?

20200125_190107.jpg

20200125_190053.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Densparker said:

@TheDarkBlues sent me this link to compress the photo sizes for the site. Just drag and drop it into the box st the top of the page and then download the smaller image.

https://tinypng.com

• Like 1

My first Dee scarf was the standard Blue with cross bands of white and red.There was a smarter one where the bands were diagonal.I had it at Muirton etc.A year or two later a Rangers supporter threw it in the fire and I replaced it with one which is blue with the stripes lengthways and also had a DFC badge.I still have it .

2 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Perv!

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

53 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Perv!

You couldn't have guessed that from my username?! 

• Funny 1

I remember as a nipper when going to DM Browns looking at the DFC scarves under the glass cabinets I loved the Dark Blue with Red stripes a sort of dress scarf woren under a 60s Car Coat then removed before heading to the JM too young then to afford one and never got

• Like 1

I’m 69 years of age and couldn’t afford a scarf. Couldn’t even afford to pay my way in .

It was mister can you get me a sneaky in and right under the turnstile. Then gather as 

many beer bottles as you could many licensed grocers around the top o the hill would

exchange them for you. Used to go to Soutars at the top o Rosebank Street up from 

Harry Dick the Butchers  and Boab Batchies the Bookies. Who else remembers they days.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, WESTENDDEE said:

I’m 69 years of age and couldn’t afford a scarf. Couldn’t even afford to pay my way in .

It was mister can you get me a sneaky in and right under the turnstile. Then gather as 

many beer bottles as you could many licensed grocers around the top o the hill would

exchange them for you. Used to go to Soutars at the top o Rosebank Street up from 

Harry Dick the Butchers  and Boab Batchies the Bookies. Who else remembers they days.

Reading that post above WEST (which eh noticed got a "like" also  fae  WW) I think  sub-consciously or otherwise, Admin John wis right tae recognise & identify the strong "pervie element" in us aulder generation on this forum. I did all the things above you mentioned in your post I also (as a wee lad aboot 6-7 years of age) used tae stand ootside the Forest Park Cinema, waiting on adults going in  ... And gie them the price o a "half-price ticket" for me, & ask if eh could go in wi them (Accompanied by an adult, you got in for half price) :bye:

In hindsight, some o' these strange smelly auld geezers then, were jist maybe  "A bit too willing tae help and be accomodating.":jawdrop:

Noo  dinnae ye tell me, awe that "weird childhood stuff" on a weekly basis, didnae hae an effect, on my upbringing & future life :wacko:

REMINDERAfter the Happy Clappy Club Gathering Sat, the Newly Formed Pervy Party headed by Admin John will commence :excited:

• Funny 1

On 25/01/2020 at 17:59, Densparker said:

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

• Star Post 2

1 minute ago, Densparker said:

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

No as big as @WeighorstsWang apparently 🤣

• Funny 1

This was my grandfather's scarf. I got it when i was a bairn. A bit tattered but still worth keeping i think. 

IMG_20200126_155926_compress40.jpg

• Like 6
  • Star Post 1

That's definitely a keeper Steven 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wackyjim said:

That's definitely a keeper Steven 

Get it in the goal on Saturday then! 

1 hour ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Get it in the goal on Saturday then! 

The minute I posted that I thought some smart a**e will say that 😂😂😂😂

• Funny 2

1 hour ago, Wackyjim said:

The minute I posted that I thought some smart a**e will say that 😂😂😂😂

Or just an a**e!😂

kidding WW🤪

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, steven dee said:

This was my grandfather's scarf. I got it when i was a bairn. A bit tattered but still worth keeping i think. 

IMG_20200126_155926_compress40.jpg

Tattered? Well loved I'd say. 😍

• Like 1