Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dundee Live On TV

Muirton62

Ever since Dundee played AC Milan in the San Siro in 1963 which the second half was shown live (probably the first British team to be shown live in Europe ) we have been terrible in these games.

I can't remember any convincing wins, we have had a couple of sevens, sixes, fives and fours against us.

I can only think of us winning a few times, in the challenge cup final, the doon derby and 2 nil this season they are probably more but I can't think of any.

Have we ever beaten anybody by three goals or more in any of these games?

Somebody somewhere must have a record of how many times we have been on tv and what the breakdown is between wins, losses and draws, I think losses will outweigh the wins.

We just don't seem to turn up in these games.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

In fact the whole of the AC Milan game in 1963 was live in other parts of the UK.In Scotland there was a religous programme which was shown instead of the first half  and we only got the second half.The HT score was 1-1 but with perhaps some  fateful prescience we were overrun 4-0 in the second half due in large part to a bribed referee and the extraordinary continued encroachment of Italian Press photographers into the six yard box with flash cameras into the eyes of our defence.

We have beaten Rangers twice on tv fairly recently, both 2 - 1 if I remember correctly. A Kevin Holt free kick in the first game and a Mark O'Hara double in the second. 

Other than that struggling to remember any brilliant performers/3+ winning goal margins for The Dee on tv.

58 minutes ago, Potterson said:

We have beaten Rangers twice on tv fairly recently, both 2 - 1 if I remember correctly. A Kevin Holt free kick in the first game and a Mark O'Hara double in the second. 

Other than that struggling to remember any brilliant performers/3+ winning goal margins for The Dee on tv.

Yes forgot about those two games old age creeping in.😀

We beat Aberdeen in the Cup in 2014/15. 2-1 on the BBC, with Clarkson scoring in the last-minute, and Bain making a fingertip save onto the bar in the last minute of stoppage time. 

3-1 vs. United in the same season to almost confirm top 6. Both home derbies in their Doon season as well (2-1 in both).

This season, we’ve beaten Morton at home and Ayr away (2-1 in both) on the BBC, and ICT in the League Cup on BT.

We’re actually unbeaten in the majority of our TV games this season (6-4):

P10 (ICT,  Dunfermline x2, United x3, Queen of the South, Ayr, Morton, Motherwell) 
W3 (ICT, Ayr, Morton)
D3 (Dunfermline, Queen of the South, United)
L4 (United x2, Motherwell, Dunfermline)

Adblock Detected