Jump to content

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

McCann


blueboy

Recommended Posts

Speaking before the Hearts game yesterday, he said his priority in his first five games was to get results for Dundee, forget about the tactics. I was at his first game in charge at Fir Park, and the team looked solid, excellent shape, and we won.

So what went wrong? He as good as admitted he thinks too much about the game, ditto PH and Jazza for me. As for McIntyre, don't know what planet he was on.

NM's a great pundit though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
18 minutes ago, blueboy said:

Speaking before the Hearts game yesterday, he said his priority in his first five games was to get results for Dundee, forget about the tactics. I was at his first game in charge at Fir Park, and the team looked solid, excellent shape, and we won.

So what went wrong? He as good as admitted he thinks too much about the game, ditto PH and Jazza for me. As for McIntyre, don't know what planet he was on.

NM's a great pundit though!

Think that was McCann's problem thinking to much about what tactics and how to set up the team to play.

He also tried to use his pundit experience to manage the team but it’s a big difference saying what a team should do and getting the team to do it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunately McCann switched his focus from trying to win football matches to trying to implement a Guardiola-style philosophy with a group of not very talented players.

Had he limited to his ambitions to just getting results he might well have been a success.

McCann wanted to be involved in a theoretical game of football where the opponent comes at your with fair and predictable moves, allowing you to do exactly what you want, but it doesn't work like that. Not in Scotland anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Unfortunately McCann switched his focus from trying to win football matches to trying to implement a Guardiola-style philosophy with a group of not very talented players.

Had he limited to his ambitions to just getting results he might well have been a success.

McCann wanted to be involved in a theoretical game of football where the opponent comes at your with fair and predictable moves, allowing you to do exactly what you want, but it doesn't work like that. Not in Scotland anyway.

That's the worst aboot having a "Vision":chaplin:

It isn't easily transferable or transmitable :wacko:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Unfortunately McCann switched his focus from trying to win football matches to trying to implement a Guardiola-style philosophy with a group of not very talented players.

Had he limited to his ambitions to just getting results he might well have been a success.

McCann wanted to be involved in a theoretical game of football where the opponent comes at your with fair and predictable moves, allowing you to do exactly what you want, but it doesn't work like that. Not in Scotland anyway.

I think this is the problem, some of these guys want to be the new 'Pep' instead of pishing with the cock they've got. I don't think any of us would be moaning if it was working but after several years and a few managers trying it, its safe to say it isn't working.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I think this is the problem, some of these guys want to be the new 'Pep' instead of pishing with the cock they've got. I don't think any of us would be moaning if it was working but after several years and a few managers trying it, its safe to say it isn't working.

Neil McCann and Gary Caldwell both said they would never compromise on their principles of playing out from the back regardless of results even though both were in charge of teams bottom of the league at the time.

Both found themselves sacked and are both currently out of work.

What football club wants a pig-headed manager in charge who values his "philosophy" over his team's results? I can't see those two getting the top job at a sizeable club anytime soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Neil McCann and Gary Caldwell both said they would never compromise on their principles of playing out from the back regardless of results even though both were in charge of teams bottom of the league at the time.

Both found themselves sacked and are both currently out of work.

What football club wants a pig-headed manager in charge who values his "philosophy" over his team's results? I can't see those two getting the top job at a sizeable club anytime soon.

Its very egotistical to put your personal approach over the success of the club. Maybe a coincidence but in manager terms they're both young guys, maybe an element of 'the arrogance of youth' dunno but as you say, its not an attractive quality in a manager.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Darkblue64 said:

Remember listening to Tommy Wright going on about these young managers and their football philosophy’s ( probably having a pop at NM at the time) He said I’ve only got one philosophy at that’s trying to win matches!!

Playing out from the back is admirable as long as you have ball playing goalkeeper, defence and midfield.

Every weekend you can see very good sides getting caught out by mistakes, caused by this questionable tactic.

As far as NM goes, his intense, impatient character probably did not go down well with a lot of the players and some of his signings were desperately poor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

McPake has been at Dens whilst 2 young managers were sacked for trying to implement this absolute nonsense of playing from the back no matter what. His assistant was also with one of those same managers when sacked at Falkirk for doing likewise, and he relegated them doing so. 

Yet McPake is committed to the same style of play. What does that tell you???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Darkblue64 said:

Remember listening to Tommy Wright going on about these young managers and their football philosophy’s ( probably having a pop at NM at the time) He said I’ve only got one philosophy at that’s trying to win matches!!

Can Just imagine the Job Interview...

Interviewer to Applicant (NM)  "I would like to open the interview with "Winning Matches"

3 long hours later Interviewer says "Yes very interesting Neil. Moving on to 2nd question"

Tommy Wright's Interview response to same Opening Question, "I like to win them":chaplin:

Thanks. Just sign here please Tommy :excited:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
×
×
  • Create New...