Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The Easy Option.

Spiritof62

Nelms had two choices, today.

1. Tell his protege that he was not up to the job, fire him and then find somebody to steady the ship, get us into the play offs.

2. Give it one more heave with McPake, sign some more dross that can maybe improve the playing side, and take the pressure off himself.

He has gone for the easy option 2 which I think is a big mistake, we are going to be faced with and even bigger rebuilding job in the close season. I certainly would not delegate that to JM.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
46 minutes ago, expert said:

Does Nelms see the football as a priority ? Is the stadium sit and possible money making developments   thereon   the top priority ?

Have thought about this question and come to the conclusion that the Americans do care about DFC and the team is the reason for building a stadium. Why would they add a 20m plus football stadium to their property investment if they didn't have a team to fill it. fWIW, I don't think Nelms ever acts on his own initiative. 

Just scraping into the playoffs would be acceptable for me, and I think our current squad and management team are able to get us there.

Here's how it could be seen.

The mistakes so far this season are more to do with trying to build a team and learn to play a style of football for the Premiership rather than the bone crunching league that we are actually in.

Neither the style of football nor the team is clearly good enough for the premiership yet and is clearly unsuited to this league, that much is obvious.

But you might argue that it can take a season to build a team and establish a style of football properly. The risk is that you end up looking really terrible against less good teams during the learning process, as we have done too many times this season already.

It is a huge gamble and we are obviously teetering on the edge of complete failure. But, if it comes off and we do somehow manage to win promotion this season, we would potentially be in a really good position for the Premiership next season without the need to completely rebuild the squad.

I have no idea if that is a sensible strategy or if anyone at Dens has thought along those lines. But it did help me get to sleep last night after reading that one of our best strikers has left the club.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Stupid answer, of course he does.

If Nelms didn't care about the football side,  we wouldn't have been spending the amount of money on players over the last 5 years.

It is not a stupid question.   I consider your reply to be offensive . The stadium  and facilities  around it  may be the launch pad for other ventures .The stadium could be used for other entertainments than football.The football may well be just one of many  projects at Campy, and the football aspect  was possibly a good way for the Americans  to get a business base in the City. I asked a question rather than  make a statement...All you had to say was that you did not agree with my question rather than  fire in with "stupid ".Is  that helpful  to fostering a good community on here ?B Cram was able to answer me  respectfully.

Edited by expert

5 minutes ago, expert said:

It is not a stupid question.   I consider your reply to be offensive . The stadium  and facilities  around it  may be the launch pad for other ventures .The stadium could be used for other entertainments than football.The football may well be just one of many  projects at Campy, and the football aspect  was possibly a good way for the Americans  to get a business base in the City. I asked a question rather than  make a statement...All you had to say was that you did not agree with my question rather than  fire in with "stupid ".Is  that helpful  to fostering a good community on here ?

Can you disagree with a question?

26 minutes ago, expert said:

It is not a stupid question.   I consider your reply to be offensive .

No, you chose to take my answer as offensive, that's the difference.

If the football was secondary to them, they wouldn't be putting in the money they have for players. So, no, it isn't a side game to them.

8 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

No, you chose to take my answer as offensive, that's the difference.

If the football was secondary to them, they wouldn't be putting in the money they have for players. So, no, it isn't a side game to them.

I disagree- end of  as far as I am concerned . I will choose to continue  not to post that  posts by others  are stupid  .

John Nelms is the only yank in history that doesn't care about winning. 

'Projects' galore. Zero output. 

He'd be long gone in any other business. Making Scot Gardiner look competent take some doing, but that's where we are. Gardiner also appointed a manager with our best ever SPL record. Nelms has appointed 2 rookies and then didn't do any due diligence on McIntyre's assistant Billy Dodds. 

Unforgivable negligence. 

Adblock Detected