Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

For What It's Worth

BarrheadDee

Ok folk, while I have been a guest on forum for a long time and only signed up last year or so I thought I would come on, start ANOTHER topic likely to be going over old ground and bore you with my thoughts and take on things.....

I think we will all agree that over last few years it has been difficult to stomach how this club has fallen and lost ground on several clubs whom without trying to sounding arrogant were always smaller than ourselves. Where do we go? How do we go about it?

Yes club has been through turmoil more than any of us care to mention but managed to come out the other side, just dont want to go through any of that again. 

To me the current owners are the most stable we have had in a long time,  however my worry is they may see us going backwards and walk away leaving us in a very precarious position. Stadium plans stalling, declining attendances and quite honestly poor performances from players and managers. 

Personally I think Keyes needs to make the decision, whether he feels it difficult or not to remove Nelms from the front line. He is not a football man in sense of knowing the game up here. Poor manager choices have crippled the club over last few years. Was desperate to see success from McCann but in true it was shambolic. Cheap option, as all since have been. McIntyre was awful and McPake a experiment going wrong. I say cheap but their appointments have probably cost the club hundreds of thousands more than say having approached and paid the going rate for either Jack Ross, Tommy Wright or even Tony Docherty at Aberdeen.

To me McPake has to be relieved of the job, poor performances from what I would say is a very strong championship squad, baffling substitutions, weird signings and of course the impending course case hanging over him. 

Whether any of this was to happen is another matter,. Who to bring in? I honestly don't know. Club has to be commended for back the management financially time and time again but could you imagine who someone like Tommy Wright could have done here with that budget? 

I feel at this rate we are sleepwalking to another relegation, I know some might think that is a bit dramatic but nothing is going our way right now and confidence is shot. We needs stability and for me that is removing both Nelms and McPake. Stabilise the club until summer and start from there. Even get Strachan to oversea the football side of things until the summer. Surely he can get the best out of what on paper is a good squad!!??

There, that's only a small part of what I'm thinking. Hopefully didn't bore too many on a Saturday night!!! Cheers guys DTID

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
32 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

With due respect we have debated this to death.

Agree BCG but the trouble is that the suggestions have quite a lot of traction in our support.

My view is that we need to support McPake and Nicholl and judge them at the end of the season.

The players must feel some responsibility for the performances that they are delivering. I don't buy the narrative that they are wage thieves/ mercenaries etc who are only interested in getting a contract signed then taking the money for as little effort as possible. 

I hope that Byrne playing in his right position, Forster with Berra or Meekings with Berra, Dorrans playing further forward and having at least one winger to help Hemmings should give the team a chance. These guys should also be able to ask for some responsibility or be given some responsibility for keeping the team on point.

I think we lack leadership on the pitch, maybe that's all McPake needs to do is tell Berra to sort out the defence, Dorrans to stay away from our penalty box and McDaid and Cranks to stay wide and attack and try to reach the byeline. McPake giving leaders on the park instructions that they have discussed and bought into might provide the link between the training ground and the actual match.

That's the change that we need IMO.

3 hours ago, BarrheadDee said:

Ok folk, while I have been a guest on forum for a long time and only signed up last year or so I thought I would come on, start ANOTHER topic likely to be going over old ground and bore you with my thoughts and take on things.....

I think we will all agree that over last few years it has been difficult to stomach how this club has fallen and lost ground on several clubs whom without trying to sounding arrogant were always smaller than ourselves. Where do we go? How do we go about it?

Yes club has been through turmoil more than any of us care to mention but managed to come out the other side, just dont want to go through any of that again. 

To me the current owners are the most stable we have had in a long time,  however my worry is they may see us going backwards and walk away leaving us in a very precarious position. Stadium plans stalling, declining attendances and quite honestly poor performances from players and managers. 

Personally I think Keyes needs to make the decision, whether he feels it difficult or not to remove Nelms from the front line. He is not a football man in sense of knowing the game up here. Poor manager choices have crippled the club over last few years. Was desperate to see success from McCann but in true it was shambolic. Cheap option, as all since have been. McIntyre was awful and McPake a experiment going wrong. I say cheap but their appointments have probably cost the club hundreds of thousands more than say having approached and paid the going rate for either Jack Ross, Tommy Wright or even Tony Docherty at Aberdeen.

To me McPake has to be relieved of the job, poor performances from what I would say is a very strong championship squad, baffling substitutions, weird signings and of course the impending course case hanging over him. 

Whether any of this was to happen is another matter,. Who to bring in? I honestly don't know. Club has to be commended for back the management financially time and time again but could you imagine who someone like Tommy Wright could have done here with that budget? 

I feel at this rate we are sleepwalking to another relegation, I know some might think that is a bit dramatic but nothing is going our way right now and confidence is shot. We needs stability and for me that is removing both Nelms and McPake. Stabilise the club until summer and start from there. Even get Strachan to oversea the football side of things until the summer. Surely he can get the best out of what on paper is a good squad!!??

There, that's only a small part of what I'm thinking. Hopefully didn't bore too many on a Saturday night!!! Cheers guys DTID

Welcome and thanks for sharing it can be therapeutic to get it down on a post no matter if it has or hasn’t been covered before. 
To think what Tommy Wright could have done with the last three seasons budget!!!! 1910 may never have been mentioned again. 

3 hours ago, Bobby Dee said:

Forster done well in the air but his pass completion to a blue jersey was appalling 

He’s an absolutely terrible footballer, would be comedy gold him partnering Reynolds from across the road, then trying to play out from the back the way NMC wanted to play.

Adblocker Detected