Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

If Only the Dees' Board Had Only Pushed the Boat Out

grimbo

Thanks to the Arabs' owner taking a gamble and shelling out to get Shankland, they are running away with the league. Taking his goals out of the equation this season, United would have just been 2 points ahead of Caley Thistle rather than there being a 17 point chasm.

If our guy had forked out when LS was available, where would be now ?

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 minute ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Who knows. He may have suffered from lack of service at Dens. I dont think it was a big gamble, it was obvious the boy had some talent, just needed nurtured. They did it.

Agreed.  Play for a team that was on the way down rather than a team that was showing every sign of progression?  No brainer for the player.

7 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Monti, was prolific at Pollok, Boyle was prolific at Montrose, El Bak was prolific at Dunfermline. There are no guarantees a striker will score goals when he moves to a bigger club.

All those players were prolific playing in teams that were playing well, same as Shankland across the road. The problem is that we’re playing sh**e, Shankland would do f*ck all playing for us, I believe hemmings is better than Shankland just not playing in a good team which isn’t set up for anyone let alone him to score goals 

1 minute ago, PrincePenman said:

All those players were prolific playing in teams that were playing well, same as Shankland across the road. The problem is that we’re playing sh**e, Shankland would do f*ck all playing for us, I believe hemmings is better than Shankland just not playing in a good team which isn’t set up for anyone let alone him to score goals 

Aye, something tells me there wouldn't be a £3m price tag on Shankland's head if he was a Dee.

23 minutes ago, grimbo said:

Thanks to the Arabs' owner taking a gamble and shelling out to get Shankland, they are running away with the league. Taking his goals out of the equation this season, United would have just been 2 points ahead of Caley Thistle rather than there being a 17 point chasm.

Grimbo, how many years were you involved with Dee4Life?

31 minutes ago, grimbo said:

Rattling buckets again fairly soon. 

Edited by Alexis

Just now, Prince Buster said:

Hmmmmm.

Not the way I read your post. Seemed to suggest if we's signed Shankland we'd be in administration. 

Well your interpretation is incorrect. 

Shankland is on ridiculous money at united, and he's not even their highest paid player. If we were to have spent a £250k transfer fee on the player and paid him the sort of money united are, along with their colossal wage bill then I would be worried about admin. 

Shankland would not score goals in this team, we simply do not create enough. This was the case when people say McCann should have signed him and it is the case now.

Ayr previously and their style now is solely focused on getting the ball to him as quick as possible, put Hemmings in his place and Hemmings scores a ton as well. He also walked into a settled team which also helps massively.

From a financial point of view it is a massive risk given the amount he apparently gets, hindsight is wonderful and it has worked for the scum but would it have worked for us given the way we play? I highly doubt it.

Adblocker Detected