Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Most Under-appreciated Player This Century

Cobra

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I can see a case for Gallagher as a player but there was a pretty good reason why he was released. There have been a few that I feel are under appreciated -

Nick Ross is a good shout. Hartley persevered with him as a defensive mid and he looked woefully out his depth there for a lot of the first half of the 15/16 season but from the New Year derby win where he scored the winner he was arguably one of our best players for the rest of the season with Hemmings, Stewart and O'Dea. Then Hartley inexplicably binned him altogether the following season.

Kevin 'f**cking' Holt. We have been lucky that we have had decent left backs before and after him but he was decent and 100% did not deserve the stick he got. Always good for 3/4 goals and assists a season, got caught out a few times defensively, who doesn't at our level, but he was a good defender and player overall.

Most under appreciated for me is Jim McAllister, particularly at the time. He was good in every position he played for us, which was them all bar goalkeeper & left back, he would probably be the first one to put his hand up if we needed them covered. Pretty sure he played centre half when we had an injury crisis at Ross County, but could be wrong. He never once let us down and gave everything for the club, it was a joke he was let go in the way he was. We have also never been able to replace him and we would not be in the situation we are in now if players took a leaf out of his book. Even though I don't often agree with it, it was a nice touch he didn't celebrate his goal at the weekend too.

Gary Harkins in his final spell.

Slated on here regularly by a fair few as lazy, fat, uninterested etc despite him putting in a power of work every game physically in the dirty side of the game of winning headers, closing men down and played with injuries and not at 100 percent a fair few times.

Add in his sublime skill and watchable factor and we had a Rolls Royce of a player which we'll sadly probably never see the likes of again as football continues to change to a more boring passing sideways like robots game.

GGH 💙

And what about local lads being developed by the club.I see Matt Henvey is off to Australia. He was scoring goals for fun in the reserves until injured. Typically, Dundee let guys like that go without giving them a chance. Not much point in developing them for someone else's benefit. 

On the subject of Thomson, I agree to a point - until he lost interest!

Adblocker Detected