Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Rest of the Season

Deewee

Now the window is over, and we have our squad sorted (bar maybe a Wallace or Watt free signing), and it looks like the manager will probably get till the end of the season at least, let’s play a game of optimists v pessimists!

Give us your predictions for how the rest of the season plays out!

Here’s mine - Berra will be a big signing for us and will start helping us be more solid defensively. I think we will hit a bit of form with some narrow wins, a couple of draws and a couple of close defeats. I would predict our next 10 games to be something like W5, D3, L2. Then at some point I can see it all clicking and us thumping someone 4-0 (hopefully the DABs). I think by the time the playoffs come along we’ll be rolling along nicely. Then we play Hamilton who I think will sneak into 11th above St Mirren.

1-0 victory and on to the top flight!

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Predicting that we'll hit a bit of form and make the play-offs. I think Christie Elliott might surprise a few people and earn himself a longer deal here. Obviously I'd be disappointed if we make the play-offs and don't progress but right now I don't think that would be unexpected given our up and down first half of the season.

2 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Predicting that we'll hit a bit of form and make the play-offs. I think Christie Elliott might surprise a few people and earn himself a longer deal here. Obviously I'd be disappointed if we make the play-offs and don't progress but right now I don't think that would be unexpected given our up and down first half of the season.

As much as I would love to go up this season, I could handle missing out so long as we showed signs of progressing between now and the end of the season and looked like coming back prepared for a title tilt next year.

Theres probably an argument that one more season in this division is better than getting up before you’re ready and potentially coming right back down.

I think we will find our feet and start to play like the team we are on paper,Mcpake will stay because of this. Now please don’t shoot me for this but I don’t think we will go up this season and I’m really ok with that, we’ve a few new players in hopefully we will have them for next season, we’ve still to find our feet......but when next season comes around we will be more than ready and boom up we go and more importantly stay up.........and have a team worthy of a new stadium..

2 minutes ago, Deewee said:

Theres probably an argument that one more season in this division is better than getting up before you’re ready and potentially coming right back down.

On one hand I think we've got players who are maybe more suited to playing in the premiership but that's possibly wishful thinking. IF we were guaranteed to go up next season I'd pass on promotion this season so as to build a squad that could sustain our top league future for years to come rather than sneaking up this season then yo-yoing between the league's.

15 minutes ago, Tisinthepark. said:

I think we will find our feet and start to play like the team we are on paper,Mcpake will stay because of this. Now please don’t shoot me for this but I don’t think we will go up this season and I’m really ok with that, we’ve a few new players in hopefully we will have them for next season, we’ve still to find our feet......but when next season comes around we will be more than ready and boom up we go and more importantly stay up.........and have a team worthy of a new stadium..

I’m in agreement mate, much as I would love to go up there’s no great rush, it was always going to be a big rebuild this season and I think we have recruited reasonably well. Hopefully it all starts to click the second half of the season, couple more quality additions in the summer and we’ll be in good shape for next season.

1 minute ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Will stumble to end of season and finish fifth. Just hope the final derby is not the one that keeps us outside playoffs!

Was actually hoping that the final Derby would be an emphatic win for us because we were on a good run and our neighbours were having trouble thinking about their next season. 

2 minutes ago, Dee Forever said:

It's not pessimism or doom and gloom it's actually the reality that we can't even beat Elgin at home that has me more worried about play off at the other end of the table. 

Correct.

There are some big assumptions being posted here, which is amazing considering we have not dominated one match for 90 minutes this season.

Adblocker Detected