Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Best Scenes You've Witnessed After a Goal ?

PrincePenman

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
7 minutes ago, Dandy McLean said:

The 4th goal against Cologne in 1971scored by Gordon Wallace or Bobby Wilson, I cant remember who. I thought the roof of the South enclosure was going to come off. I remember on the lead up to the goal a collective groan went up when Jocky lined up for a stottie-up as he wasn’t renowned for his tackling. Jocky  went right through the German lad. 😁

it was reported in the Tully next day that after the match the Cologne star Wolfgang Matheus was spotted wandering about the dressing room area with a look of utter shock on his face. A brilliant night that I’ll never forget.

Aye, that was possibly the best one from my Dens experiences....absolutely deafening noise in the SE, the BBC commentators were struggling to make themselves heard. 

I'm wondering if the Wolfgang you mentioned was this one instead, as described by John Duncan (see Blogs, by BCG), a member of West Germany's WC '66 team....

John recalls, 'We had hammered exalted company indeed and some of the German lads were in tears understandably, including seasoned campaigner Overath'.

For years after, Overath brought this defeat up in discussions during his work for one of the German TV stations, any time a German club played a Scottish club. He was incredibly bitter about the way they lost, after taking the lead in that game at Dens. 

A great GIRFUY moment....  :lol2:  

1 minute ago, WoodStein said:

Aye, that was possibly the best one from my Dens experiences....absolutely deafening noise in the SE, the BBC commentators were struggling to make themselves heard. 

I'm wondering if the Wolfgang you mentioned was this one instead, as described by John Duncan (see Blogs, by BCG), a member of West Germany's WC '66 team....

John recalls, 'We had hammered exalted company indeed and some of the German lads were in tears understandably, including seasoned campaigner Overath'.

For years after, Overath brought this defeat up in discussions during his work for one of the German TV stations, any time a German club played a Scottish club. He was incredibly bitter about the way they lost, after taking the lead in that game at Dens. 

A great GIRFUY moment....  :lol2:  

You’re right WS, my mistake, it was Overath. The old memories not what it was. 😊

36 minutes ago, Dandy McLean said:

The 4th goal against Cologne in 1971scored by Gordon Wallace or Bobby Wilson, I cant remember who. I thought the roof of the South enclosure was going to come off. I remember on the lead up to the goal a collective groan went up when Jocky lined up for a stottie-up as he wasn’t renowned for his tackling. Jocky  went right through the German lad. 😁

it was reported in the Tully next day that after the match the Cologne star Wolfgang Matheus was spotted wandering about the dressing room area with a look of utter shock on his face. A brilliant night that I’ll never forget.

I’ll never forget it.... apart from who scored. 😂😂😂

Adblock Detected