The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
teddydfc62

Fin Robertson Appreciation Thread

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Ferry pub crawl said:

Need to get him a new contract asap 

I just used my United mates calculator to put together how much we could get for Fin....

£1.000.000.000 easily!

• Funny 3

16 minutes ago, teddydfc62 said:

How bloddy good was Fin Robertson when he came on?The boy Is one of the best passers of a ball I've seen in a long time at dens.Exited to see him develop as a player 

Was worried for him today after he'd came on in the last Thistle game at Dens around the same time and crumbled. Did alright today bar a misplaced pass on the halfway line and missing out on a few headers due to Thistle's taller more physical midfield.

12 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I just used my United mates calculator to put together how much we could get for Fin....

£1.000.000.000 easily!

Numerous scouts from English clubs scouted Shankland a year ago and none of them felt he was worth signing on a free transfer.

A year on he's apparently worth £3,000,000! 😂

• Funny 1

4 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Numerous scouts from English clubs scouted Shankland a year ago and none of them felt he was worth signing on a free transfer.

A year on he's apparently worth £3,000,000! 😂

The scouts probably knew that their clubs couldn't afford him. 

• Funny 1

Did he also play Friday night for the under 18s? 

Honestly think Fin should be starting.

• Like 2

He made it look so easy .. effortless and made every pass .he really was magic when he got on the pitch

Mentioned in the match thread, it says a lot about his standing within the club and support that no one flinched when we brought on a 17 year old into the heat of a midfield battle. If any other youngster had entered the fray we’d all have been a bit worried about A - how he would handle the pressure and B - if he was good enough. We all know (and have done for months now) that Fin has both ability and composure in abundance. 

I just really REALLY hope we can manage him correctly and both benefit as a club from his performances and allow him to grow into the player that he clearly has the potential to

• Like 2

Easily our best prospect for years.

2 hours ago, dblair said:

Mentioned in the match thread, it says a lot about his standing within the club and support that no one flinched when we brought on a 17 year old into the heat of a midfield battle. If any other youngster had entered the fray we’d all have been a bit worried about A - how he would handle the pressure and B - if he was good enough. We all know (and have done for months now) that Fin has both ability and composure in abundance. 

I just really REALLY hope we can manage him correctly and both benefit as a club from his performances and allow him to grow into the player that he clearly has the potential to

Thats a great point about the fans having confidence in him already to be thrown into any game or situation.

He's immensely gifted for a lad just turned 17 and has a big future but I don't think he should be starting when the team is struggling and the manager is under pressure.

He came off the bench today when the result was pretty much settled he showed his class.

I said six years ago that promotion would bad for Wighton because we wouldn't be the best place for a kid to develop and I think it might be same again.

If we stay down Fin can be a regular starter like Kev Mac but if we get promoted he might get sidelined as we try to deal with the step up.

He’s already been watched by a number of clubs apparently so we might be lucky to have him next season 

Fin for Byrne. Chalk and cheese. No idea what Byrne is for? Anonymous today.

• Like 2
  • Wowzer 2
  • Funny 1

fin is brilliant for a lad of his age. should be starting every game

10 hours ago, dblair said:

All valid points there and the highlighted area is the most important imo.  JmcP may not have got much right this season according to many but he has been spot on in his use of FR.   He might end up with around 25 appearances this season which will be no mean feat in his breakthrough season. An undoubted talent and if he is here next season we will see the best of him.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

BCG, we all have a different view, if Dorrans did half the work of Byrne in the game we probably would have doubled the goals, Dorrans only came to life when we took Byrne off and lost the unfortunate Callachan., he is the one for me who will need to step up and show his class, our back 4 gave a glimpse of the potential that will allow the midfield to flourish. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

I saw that as one of Byrne's best performances personally, we all see it differently but been a wee bit surprised to see him getting a bit of stick after that. I think he's been really ineffective for most of the season when we've tried to pass through teams but we set up a very different style of play where we didn't spend 10 minutes consolidating possession.

Not seen the stats or anything but would guess that the Thistle boys had pretty much none of the ball in the middle, he just pressed high on his marker and played the ball on (forward mostly) to keep things ticking. McCall hooked one of their midfield at half time who had been taken out by Byrne a few times and was clearly not up for the battle.

• Like 3
  • Star Post 1

I think my point os based onthings like shots on goal, etc. I like midfieders to get forward and I dont see that from any of them except McGowan. It could be me that lacks football intelligence mind you! All our group thought same as me. 

• Like 1