Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Masked Singer Was

BCram

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BC, don't think you are the kind of person that would mind me taking this Off-Topic. But although I've never watched the programme mentioned above, every time I see it advertised. I keep thinking o' the (original black & white version) TV Lone Ranger of the 1950's

For the many posters much younger, I am not totally sure what his job was, or who paid him (It may have been a Subsidised Government Scheme) But he rode everywhere in the Wild West wi his pal Tonto .... Sorting oot, awe these "Pesky Baddies" (The 90 second clip above will give you an idea)

Every time I see the Lone Ranger & Tonto together, I think o' this scene I imagined in my head :wacko: ...

Tonto: "Kimosabe, Hiding your identity is important. But why you got Dainty Mask on, & I've got a wee strap on my forehead?

Lone Ranger: "Tonto I think there's a hidden agenda here. Possibly a race/class issue involved. But be assured this is not so"

Lone Ranger: "Did we not agree, that I should wear the Mask & White Rubber Suit, & you wear the headstrap & Shirt wi' Frills?"

Tonto: "Not sure I remember. Do remember you telling me to drink plenty Firewater, & I woke up wi a Headband Frilly Shirt on"

Tonto: Thanks Kimosabe for explaining that. However, how come you got Big Fine White Horse & meh horse can barely walk?"

Lone Ranger: Okay Tonto, the truth of the matter is, I am a Superior, Civilised White Man & you are basically an Indian Savage"

Lone Ranger: But although I say it myself, I think your Frilly Shirt, Headband & Long Hair, is very becoming...Now go get Silver"

(Better leave it there...Here comes Nurse with the Special Medication. Aye look forward to Sunday...I get a double dose):excited:

Don't mind at all. You should have watched the Masked Singer. The songs are good and there is an element of interest in trying to guess the singers. Jonathan Woss is not my favourite tv personality but the others are reasonable entertainment value.

It is a sign of the times that the childhood heroes when I was little are seen by some as disrespectful of First Nation people. In fact at the time Tonto was the hero of the tales just as much as the Lone Ranger, loyal trustworthy skilled tracker without him the Lone Ranger was often in big trouble. Partnerships are often made up of two people who have complementary skill sets and I think that we forget that far too often nowadays. The cult of the individual is undermining teamwork, people see the striker and don't see the teamwork that is needed to give him the chance to score goals, to put it into football terms.

Can you find a place to download Lone Ranger and the like? I have some Bonanza DVDs but it's difficult to play them, lack of time because there are others in my household who control the TVs remote!

Glad to see you were not offended BC by me taking your New Topic in a different direction.

Although reading your own response freend (as fine as it is) I get the impression you may be taking it to another (maybe more serious) level ... I was just having a wee bit "daft fun" to pass away, My Quiet Sunday Morning :wacko:

Not wasn't so long ago (when I was a good bit younger & fitter) I used to take out a large group of adults Hill Walking.

The group had varying disabilities (physical & learning) And the 6 mile walk was an integral part of my working week.

Out the whole day, on a twice a week basis: It provided fun, interest, maybe broadened all our education...And fitness.

But there were a few occasional times (which, I'll admit to now) in the hills and heavily wooded/forest areas, I got lost.

And then I thought ... Whar's "Tracker Tonto" when ye need him?:chaplin:

Cant help you on downloading stuff...Would Youtube be any good? :wub:

Thanks, Gedee, YouTube was great . Just watched a couple of episodes. had forgotten how the fist fights were so unrealistic. Bit like footballers taking a dive when they weren't even touched. Pawlett must have learned by watching baddies getting hit by The Lone Ranger!

9 minutes ago, BCram said:

Thanks, Gedee, YouTube was great . Just watched a couple of episodes. had forgotten how the fist fights were so unrealistic. Bit like footballers taking a dive when they weren't even touched. Pawlett must have learned by watching baddies getting hit by The Lone Ranger!

Thanks for the feedback BC .... Although as everyone must know by now, I'm away far behind, when it comes to new(ish) technology. But I guess I do use You Tube quite a bit (usually for 2-3 minute pieces of info: like recipes/music/gardening/fishing etc.) And it was only quite recently I noticed, they had longer full length stuff (like long-lost episodes)...which as you suggested might weel have been seen by Pawlett

Thinking of that, brought back very old memories of the Saturday Morning Princes Club (Picture House on the Hawkhill) ... 70+ years ago & I think it cost less than a "tanner" tae get in. The "Talking pics/films" were in black & white (very cheaply made) & mostly totally out of sync...They lasted near 30 mins & each episode led (excitedly) on to the next "thrilling" one the following week.

But it was the Superman one, lasting 8 weeks, that caused the biggest uproar ... The Producers, must have had a Budget of aroond £5 for all the episodes ... The Actor Mannie playing Superman, looked severely undernourished (Guess he had previously used up awe his Post War Food Coupons oot his Ration Book) I'm sure his ribs (as opposed to his missing muscles) must have been jutting oot ... But this coudnae be seen,  because o' his cheap, stretched, slack, floppy cotton outfit, which wis just a mass of wrinkles (especially roond the leg & knee area) !!

But the Classic Shot, was when he was meant to take flight in the sky (And this bit is honestly the truth) ...

Firstly you could see the ropes tied aroond his legs/ankles/chest/shoulders !! But to give him the effect of flying at speed, they must have had some mechanical contraption awa above him,  that swung him back & forward at ever increasing speed ... No only did he keep banging his heid aff the cardboard-cut-out-clouds, he also seemed to bang into studio furniture ... That seemed to appear fae nowhere :jawdrop:

I know it's near impossible to describe this in writing, so freend please use your imagination ... :wub:

It was meant to be serious stuff but I tell you this beat the "funny stuff" by miles (Great Days):chaplin:

Occasionally we went to the Kings Theatre/Gaumont exactly the same sort of thing. William Tell and Robin Hood were the heroes with sword fights on horseback featuring every week. Swinging swords so that you made sure you didn't hit anything seemed to be the order of the day and cheers when the baddie got his well deserved punishment, usually a horrible death. Simple times. Didn't go often enough to get hooked on the Superman type of film, it sounds like there might be a market for this type of show on TV.

Right enough BC ... In some ways, & at some times, I guess they were the "Guid Auld Days"

Mind, when eh was young, life through the eyes of a bairn was lived on the extremes: either far too much misery when ye felt the whole world was agin ye, or totally absorbed, in the simple fun & pleasure, that life had to offer some days. Even a Jeely (jam) Piece wis time for a wee celebration.

Suppose even Oor Superman, with this saggy, floppy, wrinkled, overwashed & grey/white costume, had some exciting days :) 

Also be surprised, if Robin Hood (with his "bum clinging" tights) & his band of Merry Men didnae have some naughty times ;)

Never bought into the idea of Maid Marion being Robin's Wife/Partner. I think her main role wis the cookin' & washin-up:chaplin:

Adblock Detected