Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

McPake

Cobra

McPake's position  

100 members have voted

1. 1. What does the manager need to achieve to gain your support into summer?

• Promotion
    • Play-off final
    • A top four finish
    • He should stay regardless
    • He should go regardless

17 hours ago, Tisinthepark. said:

I’d like to see him get team without anyone on loan in it please just a team of guys wanting and committing to play for the dark blues instead of trying to get themselves noticed for a better deal elsewhere.........

Agreed with all the posts, Loans can help teams - years ago united put out many of the young team, and they had a decent impact on the teams they were loaned with. Charlie Adam (long time ago) won St Mirren promotion he was that good, just examples but loans are a good option. 

Its trying to determine the good players on loan and the poorer ones - Jim Mac's loans were awful. 

as mentioned in my other post, the penny has dropped he see's the need for improvements on what he has, hence the loaners coming in. 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

McPake needs to show that we are progressing. For most of the season so far, we have kept doing the same unsuccessful stuff, losing to teams in the same way. For me , he needs to start the team winning consistently, doesn't matter is some of these wins are ugly. 

As for people supplying information on this site, I think that it makes the site better. Rumours are part of football. Insider info the same. I personally would rather hear it and make of it what I want, plus not have a go at the relayers of the info, unless from the 'smart' arabs of the recent past, who are now all hopefully gone. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, darkbluecheshire said:

I see McPake season performance as average to say the least - 3 meaningful performances the whole season isn't good enough.

I have not agreed on any of Nelm's appointments since Hartley, I have rarely seen a team effort all season, if not more so for moments of brilliance from our key players that have won the games for us/got us back into games or luck!.

IMO - I don't think it will be easy for players to take instruction from McPake, when lets face it he has zero experience, however perhaps that is what Jimmy N, is there for.

Nelms, where is all the contacts in the USA?, bringing players over? its all a facade, its so frustrating knowing a proper football person at the helm could make a huge difference to Dundee with the money that has been spent....

I do agree about a post on backroom staff, we have had GK issues for years since Bain.

I think next year we will be stronger, provided recruitment is decent in summer, I think the clock is ticking for the underachievers, the penny finally has dropped for McPake and loyalty plays no part in management.

I hope to see *Kerr, Hamilton, Gowser, Meekings, Byrne, Ness, Nelson, be shown the door in summer, I have a feeling McPake will stay.

For note I was a Kerr fan over the years, he has however a heart of lion but technique, positioning, and overall rounded game is diabolical, my IMHO of course.

Agree with that except perhaps Byrne. He needs to start imposing himself..

1 hour ago, darkbluecheshire said:

I see McPake season performance as average to say the least - 3 meaningful performances the whole season isn't good enough.

I have not agreed on any of Nelm's appointments since Hartley, I have rarely seen a team effort all season, if not more so for moments of brilliance from our key players that have won the games for us/got us back into games or luck!.

IMO - I don't think it will be easy for players to take instruction from McPake, when lets face it he has zero experience, however perhaps that is what Jimmy N, is there for.

Nelms, where is all the contacts in the USA?, bringing players over? its all a facade, its so frustrating knowing a proper football person at the helm could make a huge difference to Dundee with the money that has been spent....

I do agree about a post on backroom staff, we have had GK issues for years since Bain.

I think next year we will be stronger, provided recruitment is decent in summer, I think the clock is ticking for the underachievers, the penny finally has dropped for McPake and loyalty plays no part in management.

I hope to see *Kerr, Hamilton, Gowser, Meekings, Byrne, Ness, Nelson, be shown the door in summer, I have a feeling McPake will stay.

For note I was a Kerr fan over the years, he has however a heart of lion but technique, positioning, and overall rounded game is diabolical, my IMHO of course.

I am surprised that Dorrans is not on the above list as he is behind Kerr, Byrne and most definitely Gowser in terms of what he has brought to the team other than a wage bill and being McP buddy and a 2nd half performance against the DAB’s. 
Yet to see the form that supports the alleged class of a player who has played EPL football. as stated previously, seen more from Berra in the 2 games he has been in the side. Apart from casualty corner Ness, Dorrans has been disappointing in terms of game time versus contribution. 

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

5 hours ago, barkblue said:

Unfortunately the loan is here to stay. Every club from Rangers down (not sure about Celtic) have loanees in their team. In fact Aberdeen have had some of their strongest squads in recent times with a fair smattering of loan players playing most weeks.

The key, as with every signing, is getting the right guys who are here for the right reasons. 

Celtic have 2 guys in their starting lineup on loan. Almost every club in the world has players on loan.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, RafDonDee said:

Have to disagree with Gowser choice to go. WHEN he is given the correct position/job he is an asset to the team. Look at how he played on Saturday with Kano.

Spot on. He might be the guy we have been looking for! Waiting for Bobby123 incoming!

4 hours ago, darkbluecheshire said:

Agreed with all the posts, Loans can help teams - years ago united put out many of the young team, and they had a decent impact on the teams they were loaned with. Charlie Adam (long time ago) won St Mirren promotion he was that good, just examples but loans are a good option. 

Its trying to determine the good players on loan and the poorer ones - Jim Mac's loans were awful. 

as mentioned in my other post, the penny has dropped he see's the need for improvements on what he has, hence the loaners coming in. 

Last season's loan deals were paid for by the money we got for Kamara i think. We should have demanded a decent sell-on or a much bigger transfer fee for Kamara. 50k for our best player since the Bonneti years is an embarrassment. 

7 minutes ago, steven dee said:

Last season's loan deals were paid for by the money we got for Kamara i think. We should have demanded a decent sell-on or a much bigger transfer fee for Kamara. 50k for our best player since the Bonneti years is an embarrassment. 

Not sure what the club could have done differently. A two-year contract seemed sensible after Williams and Vincent, Kamara refused to sign an extension and no club other than Rangers made an offer.

Rangers offered a pitiful £50k on deadline day but McIntyre had already made clear he wanted Kamara out so I think the board had little choice but to accept.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

Not sure what the club could have done differently. A two-year contract seemed sensible after Williams and Vincent, Kamara refused to sign an extension and no club other than Rangers made an offer.

Rangers offered a pitiful £50k on deadline day but McIntyre had already made clear he wanted Kamara out so I think the board had little choice but to accept.

Point is mate it should never have been allowed to get to that stage. Such a poor decision by the club. NM been on record as saying he knew since the first training that Kamara was a class player, so a 3 year deal was clearly what we should have tied him down to.

Think what it comes down to is Mcintyre is a f**cking arab prick. 

47 minutes ago, steven dee said:

Point is mate it should never have been allowed to get to that stage. Such a poor decision by the club. NM been on record as saying he knew since the first training that Kamara was a class player, so a 3 year deal was clearly what we should have tied him down to.

It's certainly frustrating that we didn't get a seven-figure fee for such a quality player. Not much has gone our way in the last couple of years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steven dee said:

Whose to say Kamara would have signed it?

Not being rude but there's a whole lot of supposition about what did or didn't happen with this deal when in reality players and agents are in total control these days.

• Like 4

Adblock Detected