Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dee Support Highlights

Cobra

Any times stand out in your memory when the Dundee support did us proud? 

I remember feeling immensely proud during the Deefiant season when the players and fans lifted each other during arguably the most remarkable season in our history.

The standing ovation at the end of the Scottish Cup final as our hearts were breaking was pretty special too.

We also were magnificent at Palace.

Any other times stand out for you?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The deefiant season stands out like a sore thumb for me. Win lose or draw the connection for the full 90 minutes was incredible. Not one person on the pitch or in the stands thought we couldn’t win - half time 1-0 down to queens and my wee boy Callum had been mascot for the day  - he turned to me at h/t and said “ don’t worry Dad, the players told me they will win”.....and they did yet again. Not for one second did he doubt them. 

For me it has to be the mass invasion of our fans to Firs Park 1981.Went through on The Football Special in the old BR carriages and the singing was constant there and back! The mass "Piley off" at Falkirk Grahamston to the ground and the sight of  the then tidy wee ground packed with Blue white and red scarves strips and flags !!! It was the height of the "Dundee Derry" thing (which I know annoys some folk these days) but it happened and it was a great time following the team. The celebrations as we poured out of Tay Bridge Station's side entrance was a great sight and sound!!! Thought we were back "on the Up" that day with a huge support like that but as we know its been a rollercoaster since!!

1 minute ago, Donny O said:

For me it has to be the mass invasion of our fans to Firs Park 1981.Went through on The Football Special in the old BR carriages and the singing was constant there and back! The mass "Piley off" at Falkirk Grahamston to the ground and the sight of  the then tidy wee ground packed with Blue white and red scarves strips and flags !!! It was the height of the "Dundee Derry" thing (which I know annoys some folk these days) but it happened and it was a great time following the team. The celebrations as we poured out of Tay Bridge Station's side entrance was a great sight and sound!!! Thought we were back "on the Up" that day with a huge support like that but as we know its been a rollercoaster since!!

Love these stories. Thanks Donny.

19 minutes ago, Donny O said:

We were in the enclosure that ran the length of the ground. If I remember correctly, and please feel free to put me right if I’m wrong, it was a nervy 1-0 with big Sinky scoring. Happy days indeed. 

1 hour ago, Dandy McLean said:

We were in the enclosure that ran the length of the ground. If I remember correctly, and please feel free to put me right if I’m wrong, it was a nervy 1-0 with big Sinky scoring. Happy days indeed. 

Yup it was a scrappy nervy 90mins but worth it in the end!!! I was behind the goal where Sinky Thundered in the Header!!

The TV footage exists but ive never been able to spot myself in the melee!!!!

2 hours ago, Donny O said:

Agree that was a great day, but just one week before it we beat Falkirk away,  which if we hadn’t done we wouldn’t have went up, crowd that day was amazing, inside and outside the ground 🤪

Adblock Detected