The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Cobra

A Fan Signing

Rate this topic

Just a thought, but do you think we us Dees could put forward say a fiver a month to pay for a new player? Just a thought.

I would be up for it, think we need to show the board that we are onside and mean well, at the end of the day we all want the same thing a successful Dark Blues on the pitch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cobra said:

Just a thought, but do you think we us Dees could put forward say a fiver a month to pay for a new player? Just a thought.

We won't get much for a fiver a month,  Cobra!  

• Funny 2

Even at 5 quid a week once you add in national insurance and kit you would still need 150 dees signed up ... lot of admin just to collect the cash and would be voluntary so not guaranteed with the club effectively underwriting any shortfall. 

I like the idea though of some fans being able to contribute a wee bit more cash to the cause (and not subject to VAT)

• Like 1

Club won't go for it, have tried similar with them via DFCSS but with a much larger potential pot and more assurances for them. As @surreydee says the money isn't guaranteed and people can cancel direct debits as quickly and easily as they set them up. Result is the club needs to cover the shortfall.

Best way for fans to get cash into the club, other than buying season tickets or paying into games, is to join DFCSS who can then pass on the cash raised sensibly to the club with an eye on any potential disaster in the future.

• Like 4

I know Cobra your suggestion comes straight from the heart.

And as well as helping the Club directly, it could mauby reflect to those running the show, in a small way, just how much DFC means to us. But personally, I'm not sure I feel like committing myself at this time. In truth, partly because, I just don't feel the love/connection, at this time, between us & those in charge  (It would need more than one occasional email from them I'm sorry to say)

Think Prince's suggestion in contributing through the DFCSS, is more appealing for me.

Good luck with it however. And apologies for maybe introducing negativity to this post.

Stirling Albion done it with Darren Smith iirc. Good idea but like someone else says we would need a good few people to sign up to it

• Like 1

Ayr and partick both do it. 

It's just an account which fans can pay into which can then be handed over once it gets to a certain amount I think.

• Like 1

I would be happy to do it

• Like 1

Foundation of Dundee FC would be better, that way fans sign up to Direct debits. If Arabs can do can we not? I spoke to one 9f the Dabs and he did say it took a load of work.

Good idea but probably not for me at this time. Encouraging people to sign up to the Dundee lottery might have more success, it won't bear any instant fruit in terms of players but it'll help finance the stars of the future. I think the club would welcome a move by TDB posters to help finance the kids with open arms. 

• Like 1

When I lived in London I was a Spurs club member. It was a fiver or tenner a month. Every Spurs fan did it whether a season ticket holder or not. I think Hearts might do something similar. It would be a no-brainer for me to be a Dundee club member if it was a thing. Could be an easy win for the club, I don't know, and potentially help with a signing or two.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

When I lived in London I was a Spurs club member. It was a fiver or tenner a month. Every Spurs fan did it whether a season ticket holder or not. I think Hearts might do something similar. It would be a no-brainer for me to be a Dundee club member if it was a thing. Could be an easy win for the club, I don't know, and potentially help with a signing or two.

I've heard about a scheme like this in a sort of investment type capacity (maybe Hearts?) whereby if the player is sold, a chunk of the transfer fee goes back to the investment group who pay the fiver a month. Unless I picked it up all wrong of course. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Foundation of Dundee FC would be better, that way fans sign up to Direct debits. If Arabs can do can we not? I spoke to one 9f the Dabs and he did say it took a load of work.

That's only because they had a shitey website.

I'd be up for a DD but there should also be ad hoc capability in such a scheme.

Tell you the problem with this - remember the blind rage of some people at the thought of us signing Berra? Even though anyone who had ever seen a game of football knew he would drastically improve our defence?

Imagine that same situation but the club are spending your money to do it! These people would be spontaneously combusting! 😂

• Like 3

That was my thought Deewee, just hear it now,em paying £10 a month and he’s signing that useless so and so that’s it I’m stopping my DD !!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deewee said:

Tell you the problem with this - remember the blind rage of some people at the thought of us signing Berra? Even though anyone who had ever seen a game of football knew he would drastically improve our defence?

Imagine that same situation but the club are spending your money to do it! These people would be spontaneously combusting! 😂

Och Weel Freend ... Every Cloud has a Silver Lining ;)

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Darkblue64 said:

That was my thought Deewee, just hear it now,em paying £10 a month and he’s signing that useless so and so that’s it I’m stopping my DD !!!!

And I would be leading the charge Darkblue...

Bearing in mind it wis only last week I got my £5 per wk. Pocket Money reinstated & half was being wasted Every Month :explode:

2 hours ago, Deewee said:

remember the blind rage of some people at the thought of us signing Berra? Even though anyone who had ever seen a game of football knew he would drastically improve our defence?

The Berra criticism before we signed him was absolutely bizarre for the very reasons you've stated.

• Like 4

We had similar before during Admin.Gavin Swankie was brought in .Any initiative from fans investing in a player is worth consideration .